Building A Team For The New Bernabeu - The Summer Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Drouchk, May 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    I think the best move for us with Nkuku being discarded as a real option is to be patient another summer. I'm not liking our options. If it is low cost, reserve I'm down. Nothing big though..

Besides hopefully next year Rodrygo takes another massive step and Vinicius continues his growth.

2. rrrrrafik

rrrrrafik Member

Real Madrid
    Aug 26, 2007
    London
    Pretty sure Mahrez has a French passport as he was born there.

ImadEdd repped this.
  3. RMSocrates

RMSocrates Member+

Apr 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Gnabry is a name I had not thought of until said it but I think we should at least push for him to fill the RW void/provide depth with Rodrygo.

CF, the names are not looking great tbh. I guess we could try going another year and seeing what happens but that’s risky risky. Blah

4. Nico777

Nico777 Member+

Olympique de marseille
    Croatia
    Oct 19, 2017
    Borna Sosa is one of the best crossers in Europe at left back position since 2 years. Chelsea Man UTD Bayern are interested. Cost 25 millions. Is probably the best option to replace Marcelo as he is very skilled going forward.

Tchouameni is a must for DM.

Gnabry would be the smartest choice to do for the right wing.

Then bring a young back up striker that won't mind spending a year or two learning from Benzema. Roko Simic could become the Vini-Rodrygo from CF position.

5. pramod

pramod Member

Realmadrid
    Sep 4, 2006
    Hyderabad @ India
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    only 140 million available after 5 years of drought is just peanuts,

6. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I doubt that figure is correct. And even if the figure is correct, I'd rather making sensible choices than splashing cash that we may not have. In that regard, I'm proud of the way the club is and has been managed over the last decade or so. And I'm proud of how succesful the club has been during that period. Finally, I'm proud the club is not managed into financial ruin, like some other big clubs..

In short: let's be happy with what we have got. We will be fine.

RMSocrates, Shay Z, saadomar and 3 others repped this.
  7. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Gnabry is now on the top of my "must-buy" list.

As comparison, Anthony is still a prospect, but his transfer fees would be almost the same as Gnabry. Mahez is 31 years. If lucky, we will get three good years out of him, but he probably gets two good years left. Gnabry is only 25 and well-established in Europe.

saadomar and Drouchk repped this.
  8. Hsain85

Hsain85 Member+

Mar 28, 2006
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I don’t think we need to sign any forward this summer. Let’s wait until someone legit emerges, or one of our youngsters steps up. Rodrygo seems to be on the right track. Let’s focus on the midfield and fullbacks.

9. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Dani Olmo was a sought after player years ago. Has he stagnated badly?

Versatile player too.

10. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would agree that we don't need to splash in attack because I have confidence in Vinicius Benzema and Rodrygo. However, I think we absolutely do need to upgrade our depth after the 3 of them. Asensio Jovic Hazard is simply not going to cut it. It's nice to have Fede as an option up there, but that shouldn't be his long term position.

We can make a shrewd and inexpensive move to get a solid 4th attacking option to come off the bench or compete with Rodrygo.

11. OMM13

OMM13 Member

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Feb 5, 2021
    That's no longer an issue as AFCON will no longer be played in January to avoid conflict with European clubs. Officially a summer tournament now.

ImadEdd repped this.
  12. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Probably a stupid idea and I'm ready to be blasted for it, but an obvious RW option seems to be staring me in the face.

I know he's had quite the negative injury and character record, but why don't we consider Ousmane Dembele? He can come on a Bosman deal. He's obviously incredibly talented as well considering the fact he only played half the season and led La Liga in assists. He is only 25 years old and his peak years are clearly ahead of him. It would also be a slap in the face to Barcelona.

It's not like we would have to rely on him. Seems a low risk, high reward type of move.

Halycon, Stiliyan, Umar and 3 others repped this.
  13. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I keep hearing Antony's name, but I'm not as convinced as some of you. Ajax will be asking for a very large sum for a player that is my view still fairly inconsistent. Sure, I know the RW spot is a very difficult spot to find a suitable player, but I'd tread very very carefully with Eredivisie players in general and this player in particular.

I'd probably just keep the money in the bank for this one, or get an experienced player for the short-term.

14. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Rodrygo still has some developing to do, as it stands he doesn’t do enough when he starts on the right wing, we definitely need to improve that area with a signing or we’d struggle unless Benzema can repeat what he did this season.

Saeta Rubia and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  15. pramod

pramod Member

Realmadrid
    Sep 4, 2006
    Hyderabad @ India
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    first, we need to find a decent striker otherwise we are dumped whenever Benzema is injured and next year he would be 35 and more injury-prone even if he maintains his consistency

16. OMM13

OMM13 Member

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Feb 5, 2021
    Apparently he's asking for too much money in bonuses and wages, something only P$G could pay, Bayern even pulled out if I'm not mistaken.

Anon. repped this.
  17. Açores57

Açores57 Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Gnabry ticks all the boxes for me. Comfortable playing on the right side and I don't see him costing a fortune with 12 months remaining. He's the best attainable option out there, no matter who we acquire for the attack all these names are going to be a drop off from Mbappe who we all expected.

RMSocrates repped this.
  18. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Not a stupid idea, dude is dynamite when he’s on. Question is can you make a deal that makes sense for the club, factoring in his injury history and attitude issues. The answer is probably (almost certainly) no.

19. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    I still don't see why we have to go for something big. Next season is a world cup so I get we need depth but if it isn't a sure thing for the future I would pause.

Digital repped this.
  20. Saint Iker

Saint Iker Ronaldo's Right Foot

Dec 5, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'm very much against injury prone players with attitude issues. We already have one headache in Hazard so I'd like the club to avoid another. I'll say this, every single name that has been mentioned really feels uninspired given the desired option. I know we're settling now given the obvious but it all feels like knee jerk reactions, so I'd like us to be as patient as we can.

RMSocrates and Digital repped this.
  21. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid

I agree with you guys that any sort of desperation deal is a bad idea but you definitely have to be looking to add a legitimate attacking threat IMO.

Let’s not forget that as great as he is, last season was a big outlier for Benzema. Dude went full blown supernova. Maybe he can do it again, but maybe (probably?) not to that same level. (And that’s assuming he stays healthy.)

Unfortunately there is no “sure thing” (we missed out on the two closest to that category) now, and there also likely isn’t one that’s going to appear anytime soon.

Anon. repped this.
  22. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yea, I wouldn't be comfortable giving him 4-5 year deal with the wages and signing bonus he'd want given his injury issues. Besides I doubt he has the balls to make a direct move from Barca to RM. Comparing from Figo to Saviola(neither RM nor Barca fans really cared), hostility will be somewhere in the middle from Cules and moden players wouldn't want to deal with that.

RMSocrates and meringues repped this.
  23. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Not sure why we need a RW. I mean we do, however some of the names currently suggested are not coming to sit on the bench.
    Any rw will mean less time for rodrygo and fede (assuming Benz stays healthy like this year). We really need to get both of them as much playing time.
    Fede might be more CM if kroos/modric starts to breakdown, but for rodrygo next year should be his breakout year, to see if he grows to be a starter. He needs playing time (for a generational talent like mbappe you can say it's worth reducing rodrygo's playing time, because that what would have happen, but for freaking gnabry?)

Glide84 and YOUNGSTARS87 repped this.
  24. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    With Barca likely getting Lewandowski, title race could be close next season. We do need a 3rd reliable scorer alongside Benz and Vini next season. Rodrygo could be that if he continues the progression of last 2 months. Still would like another good signing in attack. Important to avoid mishaps like 2019 summer window though.

Drouchk and meringues repped this.
  25. Açores57

Açores57 Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We're not going to sit idle. The club was already preparing to bolster the attack, I don't know who the player is going to be but one injury to that front 3 and first name off the bench is Asensio or Hazard, no thanks.

Now isn't the time to hand Rodrygo that spot imo, he's still green and needs some competition.

Anon. repped this.