Building A Team For The New Bernabeu - The Summer Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Drouchk, May 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This I agree with, and let's not forget that Haaland has joined City to lead their attack, not play second fiddle to a red-hot Benz and Mbappe, who the club was sure was going to join us. I don't think we can simply ignore those factors.

MerlinRM repped this.
  2. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Jesus wants to leave right? 50M? Pay that shit.

We can have Brazils forward in the coming years.

Vini - Jesus - Rodrygo

3. Knedalah

Knedalah Member

Real Madrid
    Israel
    Aug 4, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    lol what. he's awful

4. eran bar-levi

eran bar-levi Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Jul 18, 2018
    Israel
    mmm no

5. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    Jesus is awful, IMO. He wouldn't be an improvement on anything we have. He's short and weak as Rodry or Vini, has no killer instinct, and just doesn't feel like Madrid material.

Good kid, loved by the Palmeiras crowd to this day, but he is the kind of guy I see playing for Arsenal or something, not Madrid.

Anon. and Bear Crotch repped this.
  6. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Awful? You guys must be watching different games. Totally disagree.

Lyra repped this.
  7. SoyDelMustang

SoyDelMustang Member+

Dec 24, 2007
    Flushing,Queens
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I ain’t believing shit until I see the comunicado or see them in a Real Madrid shirt at this point.

Saeta Rubia, Anon., PigBenis and 7 others repped this.
  8. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Florentino Perez needs to avoid signing players close to or past 30 years old. Please avoid: Lewandowski, Mo Salah.

You would think he would learn his lesson after the smash hit that was Eden Hazard.

MerlinRM and RMrules repped this.
  9. eran bar-levi

eran bar-levi Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Jul 18, 2018
    Israel
    Jesus, Mahrez and lower card names are usefull but they are not a worldclass like Mbappe i am sorry, only Salah could be a great signing but RM will not make this move.

10. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don't believe shit until I see oficial comunicado from now on.

ImadEdd, Saint Iker and AppleBob86 repped this.
  11. Nir_O

Nir_O Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Mar 16, 2019
    None of them is CR7 or Messi material. Mbappe in the French league can’t enhance himself to his highest ability potential. If he had come to Madrid he could easily be next Ballon the Oro in the upcoming years, something in psg he won’t

12. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    We shouldn’t waste our time getting decent but not world class centre forwards. Karim is playing at Ballon Dor level and getting a big earner to sit on the bench in case he goes down is stupid.

The hole in our team is right wing. Fill that with someone good but not someone with the same age as Rodrygoat.

And get cover for Casemiro.

Then pray that neither Vini or Karim get injured. Maybe hire Zidane’s witchdoctor to make a special potion or something for that.

The team is good enough to complete on all fronts with the above. Getting Mbappe would have been activating cheat mode because that’s guaranteed Ligas for the foreseeable future. Now the coach has to earn a living, that’s all.

PigBenis, Saint Iker, RMSocrates and 4 others repped this.
  13. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
  14. Galadrius

Galadrius Member

Feb 8, 2017
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  15. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You know what gives me some satisfaction right now?

Knowing that the best player in the world plays for Real Madrid. His name is Karim Benzema.

Anon., Ssr9, yoanaidarov and 1 other person repped this.
  16. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Well we do have our own witchdoctor. His name is Antonio Pintus.

As the Ballon D'Or and World cup Golden ball winner Luka Modric famously said:

Anon., libertao and yoanaidarov repped this.
  17. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I just want Real Madrid to face PSG every season in the CL so we can sh*t on them again and again and again.

yoanaidarov and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  18. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    #14193 Shay Z, May 22, 2022
    Last edited: May 22, 2022
    I think we should go after a RW attacker over a CF backup. Gnabry or Moussa Diaby (Leverkusen) are great options. Nobody is gonna be cheap and good.

A defensive midfielder and a RWF will solve a lot of our issues with Rudiger already signed. We can still be on the lookout for an opportunistic deal late in the window.

Anon., MerlinRM and RaMaaa repped this.
  19. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Jesus would be a good backup for Benzema, but once Benzema goes, we need an actual top striker and Jesus is not that.

I was against signing Hazard exactly because of his age, but if these three years he wasn't decimated by injuries, I think he would have contributed according to his stature. I think in this day and age, injury history means more than age, but even that is far from guarantee. Stuff like Hazard just happens, ironically given his surname. I wouldn't make a policy out of it.

Zidane05 repped this.
  20. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Considering that the WC will be held in November next season, I have a feeling that Perez won’t go for an attacker signing during the summer at all, and will wait for the WC and make a move for someone in January, if Rodrygo hasn’t locked down the RW position by then.

We might bring in Kubo to compete for the RW, bring in a back up ST (maybe Mayoral) and ship off Asensio and Jovic (on loan maybe).

I’m not expecting big movements in attack. Mainly because no one really stands out as a good deal or someone really worth splashing the cash.

Shay Z repped this.
  21. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ayo! A midfield of Camavinga Tchouameni and Fede with Vinicius Benzema and Rodrygo ahead of them would be absolutely incredible. It would absolutely suffocate teams with the press

Saeta Rubia, Anon., Aensensen and 4 others repped this.
  22. REALFOREVER

REALFOREVER Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    If a player doesn't have an injury history and actually takes care of himself with what is available nowadays, they should be able to play until 33/34 years of age without much concern.

It also depends on the player's strengths. Some players are able to redefine their role as they lose their speed/agility and others just can't process that they are slower.

I still remember's Figo's fall from grace at Madrid. The guy kept on trying to take players on 1 vs 1 not realizing he coudln't beat them down the wing anymore. It wasn't until he moved to Inter that he actually accepted his limitations and excelled once again.

Hendrix22 repped this.
  23. REALFOREVER

REALFOREVER Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Just imagine the 60th minute, and Ancelotti decides to replace KCM with those 3. I feel sorry for the opposition who are literally going to get run over for the last 30 minutes.

MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  24. Nico777

Nico777 Member+

Olympique de marseille
    Croatia
    Oct 19, 2017
    Rudiger done.
    Tchouameni almost done.

A LB
    A RW
    A back up striker.

25. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    I really like Bernardo Silva but he’s got a contract with Man City until 2025 and they’re probably not letting him go. He’s great, he will be 28 this year, so he’s in his prime. And he can play RW, CM and behind the striker. If possible I’d sign him on a 4 or 5 year contract. But again, there’s no way they’re letting him go.

meringues, Zidane05 and Halycon repped this.