Building A Team For The New Bernabeu - The Summer Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Drouchk, May 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lukita

lukita Member+

Real Madrid
    Aug 13, 2019
    It just needs to be made extremely clear to him that if he does not join now he will NEVER play for Real Madrid.

SoyDelMustang, Anon., RMrules and 2 others repped this.
  2. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Mahrez is better than most of them except Salah, Lewa. Salah similar age as Mahrez but will cost Hazard type fee.

3. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    I'm honestly not convinced at the rumored transfer fee, Barca destroyed their club in part trying to pay Messi outrageous wages, we don't need to go down that path.

4. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Anthony has not signed with Manchester United. The appeal of Real Madrid will beat his loyalty to Erik ten Hag. He and Rodrygo alternate on the right. Rodrygo also serves as the backup for VJ on the left.

zizou555 and Zidane05 repped this.
  5. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    He has 8 goals and 4 assists in Dutch League and he's 22. Not to mention the Ajax hype transfer fee. We need a player ready to give 20 G/A on RW right away.

benny_madridista and ImadEdd repped this.
  6. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Didn’t this Romain guy go on a rampage about some secret docs proving scandals and then produced nothing?

DomiM repped this.
  7. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Perhaps, he is overrated. Any player linked to Man United since Sir Alex's departure is probably overrated.

8. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I think he's writing a book with details. Don't think anyone high profile whom he accused has sued him either. All including Mendy kept mum.

9. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Biggest pesetero in the history of football, if he renews and prefers to stay in Paris lol.

benny_madridista and Deep Pal repped this.
  10. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yeah I’d have no hard feelings against the player but the club would be absolutely clowning itself if it ever even considers pursuing him again. That’s the only unacceptable outcome here IMO.

The player himself is going to look like a bit of a fool if he stays IMO after all he’s done over the past year to make it clear he wants to leave.

11. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    This is why I’m convinced still he’ll choose to come here.

libertao and DomiM repped this.
  12. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  13. Raul-7

Raul-7 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 17, 2006
    It boggles my mind how any player could turn down Real Madrid; must be a classless fool to be honest.

Aensensen, SoyDelMustang and Lyra repped this.
  14. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #13414 saadomar, May 21, 2022
    Last edited: May 21, 2022
    Francesco Totti and Ronaldinho turned down Real Madrid. These things happen. They may have their reasons, but Real Madrid was, is and always will be the most beloved club to millions of fans around the world. As PSG and Mancheser City can attest, it's not easy to win a Champions league despite bottomless reserves of money. Thirteen champions leagues aren't won by simply being lucky, rich or historically illustrious. It is a club that achieves things because of an indomitable spirit, an aura of regal elegance and an unquenchable thirst to win each and every game, all year round, each and every season.

Today, Mbappe and Haaland is the cream of the crop. Tomorrow, it will be someone else. There will always be big name, talented players wanting to play for this great club. So even if we miss out on Mbappe, it won't be the end of the world. We move on. There will be other great players who will eventually join Real Madrid.

Let's not rush to conclusions until Kylian Mbappe officially says he stays in his lavish golden Qatari-French prison, or if he joins the supposed club of his dreams.

Anon. repped this.
  15. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It's sad what an absolute afterthought Eden Hazard has become. It's hard to believe he's still on this team and we expected him to be the primary LW/RW for the last few years. Even Kaka and Bale, despite their injury records were able to gives us one or two decent seasons. What a disappointment.

16. Beowulf112

Beowulf112 Member

Real Madrid
    Croatia
    Jun 3, 2018
    Hazard is biggest failure we made..I would consider bale and kaka as flop.Bale has helped us with one champions league and copa del rey..and had at least three good season...kaka i dont remember much but he wanst spectacular neither he was a flop like hazard..Maybe ronaldo can come to madrid to play for cheap as Dani Alves.Ronaldo show love to ex club who made you superstat

17. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

18. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Is the Haaland deal finalised I wonder ...

19. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Going to basically flag every single tweet this Molina guy posted for fake news if Mbappe doesn't stay in Paris. :D

libertao and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  20. pramod

pramod Member

Realmadrid
    Sep 4, 2006
    Hyderabad @ India
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Basically we are ********ed. What did we achieve with whole saga is nothing more that burning all bridges with PSG

Perez would cheer fans with marcelo renewal and bring in jovic version 2 and slaves in this forum would cheer him to greatness

21. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That is debatable, but my point was that Flo would likely splash on a big name or two.

22. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    Calm the fcuk down. Mbappe is coming, end of. Whatever agreement we have with him was made months before. This is just media speculating and making up nonsense.

MiamiNative0722, Icalldibbs and DomiM repped this.
  23. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    From a purely professional stand point, surely the club agreed on more than a verbal commitment with Mbappe?

From a business organisation and structure perspective, a signing of his stature has a huge impact on a number of different business areas / units, all the way from finance to merchandising / sponsorship departments.

This is why I think it all sounds a bit cowboy-ish from Mbappe and his camp in terms of the turnaround on the decision made.

On the flip-side to that, any commitment made might have been prior to PSG throwing more than the kitchen sink at him, and as a consequence, he's now had his "arm bent" (metaphorically speaking).

24. DomiM

DomiM Member

Mar 9, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I too believe that he is coming and he was set on that decision for a long time.

Did he use both sides during this time to negotiate as better of a deal as possible, of course. He is the next superstar of this era and he is moving clubs for free. The same thing would happen if Ronaldo or Messi were leaving their clubs on a free in their prime.
    I don't like the optics of all of this as much as any of you guys, but it is what it is.

As for the announcement, I think he might give a hint tonight after the game, but tomorrow during his scheduled interview with their family friend, he will finally declare that he's leaving and probably not mention where he goes to yet. He'll use that interview to explain himself and his decision and try to leave on a good note. This way he won't get the public backlash and booing in person.

25. benny_madridista

Real Madrid
    Nov 30, 2020
    Let him stay at PSG, it's his loss.
    If he doesn't have the ambition to put on the white shirt and to reign over Europe there's nothing we can do.

saadomar and Aensensen repped this.