Building A Team For The New Bernabeu - The Summer Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Drouchk, May 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Theres no way management looks at Militao's last 2 months and thinks we are good at CB next season.

Deep Pal, Anon. and DoughB repped this.
  2. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    We're signing Mbappé. Why would we also consider Neves?

3. estebangranero

estebangranero New Member

Real Madrid
    England
    Apr 27, 2022
    Different positions, a need to strengthen in CM?

4. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Players are not pokemon. We have Rudigier, Militao, Alaba, Nacho and Vallejo who can play CB.

How many more do we need? Why would Militao, Nacho and Vallejo be happy to sit even further down the pecking order?

Deep Pal, Anon. and Icalldibbs repped this.
  5. Seoul Villan

Seoul Villan Member+

Feb 16, 2011
    Form is a funny thing, especially for defenders. They are under a microscope since everything they get wrong could lead to a goal.

Not saying that Militao is playing well, but he has shown that he is capeable of being a top WC CB for a few months at a time.

I think not having Alaba with him ( also I think Alaba was playing injured for a while) impacted his form.

He’s still quite young, and will come around. He’s far from a Harry McGuire case. No need to panic.

Drouchk repped this.
  6. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

Drouchk, Stiliyan and Deep Pal repped this.
  7. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

Drouchk and Deep Pal repped this.
  8. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

Drouchk and Deep Pal repped this.
  9. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Mario also saying 100 ME signing bonus. And he got all these info right 11 hours ago. And we know he's in direct contact with Mbappe family.

Drouchk, Deep Pal, ImadEdd and 1 other person repped this.
  10. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    The saga officially ends next week. Looks like we have got Rudiger and Mbappe deals done even before the season ends. Maybe Tchouameni deal late in the window when price drops like Camavinga last season?

RMSocrates, Stiliyan, Deep Pal and 5 others repped this.
  11. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Mbappe says decision is made (something some of us have been saying) yet tweeter ITKs are still scared and on the fence talking about "Madrid hopeful", "Madrid optimistic" or "Madrid has verbal".

Uh no. The guy just wanted to wait for the season to be over so they don't harm him or his family. This has been decided.

Stiliyan, Deep Pal, ImadEdd and 2 others repped this.
  12. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    100 M signing bonus. Obscene number when you consider there are likely “other” commissions too which are not reported.
    25 M net per year. Dude, they milked us for everything on that one.
    And they still were haggling on the image rights percentages. Wow.

Mbappe’s representatives know they turned down a lot more from PSG but they really took us to the cleaners on this contract. I’m over the moon tho. This is a Balon dor level player in his prime, who risked his future and ran down his contract for us. Get the bag Kilyan.

Anon., RMSocrates, Stiliyan and 4 others repped this.
  13. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

14. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    He rejected 150 M signing bonus, 50 M nett and 100% image rights from PSG though. We signed all the Galacticos including Ronaldo, ZZ when we were to match or improve the financial offers they got from Utd, Juve etc. The offer Mbappe rejected is unprecedented. Not to mention declining Messi and Neymar got 40 ME nett when they signed PSG contracts in 2021.

In short, PSG are a pathetic oil state club offering money that can't ever be made from football market.

Anon., petros93, Deep Pal and 1 other person repped this.
  15. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Yeah and I gave him props for that. He’s made a huge sacrifice to come here. Normal people like us can’t even fully understand the impact of generational wealth x10 like that PSG offer.

His representatives got the very best deal out of us. As is their right. Delighted to have him come home.

Anon., Deep Pal, Digital and 1 other person repped this.
  16. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    His body language looked so worn out man. Dude must be tired of it all.

I wish our home kit for next season wasn’t so shit or I would have bought the Mbappe one. I’ll have to wait for the year after. I wonder what number he’ll wear. I bet Luka will just give him the 10 (until tge 7 becomes available, he has to wear the 7 like his idol) because Luka is an Angel.

Anon., Deep Pal and J-Mezzy repped this.
  17. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yea, PSG have used media, politicians and every sneaky way to put so much pressure on him since 2019 basically. Good thing is that top young players have realized this is how that club works pretty much since 2019 Neymar saga if not 2017 Verratti one. Even Raiola agency clients like Ligt, Haaland didn't want to go there.

Anon. repped this.
  18. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Hazard will cede the 7.

19. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    #7 hasn't worked for Hazard. He should give that to Ron's rightful heir and take #11 when Asensio leaves.

Anon. repped this.
  20. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think he should wait until after the CL Final to make his announcement. In Paris, it will be media circus without his announcement. But with his official announcement, it will become epic proportions. Any additional distraction will be bad.

Deep Pal repped this.
  21. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Pretty convinced he's injured. We'll probably hear about a surgery at the end of the season.

Stiliyan, Deep Pal and Digital repped this.
  22. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    He'll probably just announce he's leaving and won't announce where at this point.

Anon., Deep Pal, MiamiNative0722 and 3 others repped this.
  23. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Rodryo or VJ deserves that number 11 more than Hazard.

Actually, the number 11 has not been "good" luck here. Owen, Robben, Granero, Cicinho, Portillo and Benzema(for a season, I recalled he was injured and seldom used or behind Higuain). Bale and R9 were great with that number. Instead, one of them should inherit number 12 from Marcelo.

YOUNGSTARS87 and RMSocrates repped this.
  24. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I hope he goes somewhere far away and disappears during that week. I don't want his name anywhere in the paper.

25. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    PSG has a Qatar trip before Ligue 1 ends? [emoji23] Joke club.

1525979028255129602 is not a valid tweet id