Building A Team For The New Bernabeu - The Summer Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Drouchk, May 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. REALFOREVER

REALFOREVER Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Belllingham and Tchouameni are separate topics. Buying one should not impact the other. Also, there are 5 damn subs now. Teams that don't adjust to this fact are going to get trampled. You can switch out 3 players in one go and just run the other team over now. This is basically what Camavinga/Rodriogo (and Valverde to a certain extent since he isn't human) are doing to the opposition now.

There is also a better chance of Modric and Kroos starting a joint podcast after next year than either wearing a Real Madrid jersey. The main reason why Ceballos is being offered a renewal is because they recognize they are about lost half their midfielders in a span of a couple of years. Casemiro... maybe 2 more years playing any sort of meaningful minutes?

libertao repped this.
  2. REALFOREVER

REALFOREVER Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Kroos is already working on his next job...

Deep Pal repped this.
  3. Seoul Villan

Seoul Villan Member+

Feb 16, 2011
    I’m not saying we shouldn’t sign him, what I take issue with is a portion of forum already crowning him a starter here in 4 years and it’s ok we missed out on Haaland, because that deal was too expensive.

We’ve already set the market for a 16 Brazilian prospect when we bought Vinny for 50m. In hindsight it’s a great bit of business no question. We need to pull those deals off to stay viable against the oil clubs.

all that being said, not all of these Brazilian wonder kids will pan out, that’s my point.

4. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Camavinga was realistic given his contract situation. What are the chances of Flo spending 100 ME odd on Bellingham? 100 ME is conservative estimation because he will come with English player tax and unlike Sancho, the likes of City will be after him. He's highly rated by all the big PL clubs. No talks of a low buyout figure like that of Haaland yet.

If we get a DM like Tchouameni, Camavinga will have to develop into a consistent top class creative midfielder eventually. Because he will be allowed a lot more offensive freedom in such a system.

Modric, ADM, Xabi midfield worked just fine in 2013-14, so Camavinga and Fede with another hardworking CM can work too. Xabi never played as proper DM until then. He had one of the best DMs in Mascherano at Pool and under Mou, it was Khedira and Xabi double pivot.

5. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  6. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I think Tchouameni price will come down to 60 ME range if new American owners at Chelsea doesn't wanna spend like Roman. Pool won't spend 70-80 ME on a DM when they have Fabinho. Their owners doesn't spend that kind of money on anyone since Coutinho fund finished. Got Diaz and Thiago after bargaining for weeks.

Anon. and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  7. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Agreed, the best teams with the supposed best coaches from all over recognise the benefits of playing with a recognised DM

Raul-7 repped this.
  8. Raul-7

Raul-7 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 17, 2006
    Agreed; they complain about how we are past spending crazy Galactico money on players but forget that a key reason the Galactico-era fell apart was the loss of Makelele. And then realizing our mistake too late by trying to sign various other players like Gravesen, M. Diarra, etc.

9. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    It's not debatable. When we play KCM+ Valverde we have had basically one positive performance (Chelsea away) whereas we have multiple examples of MCV being success whether starting (PSG home) or as substitutes.

The reason I support KCM+V in the final is because we want to tire out then physically impose ourselves... the hope is we can hold them from scoring and not always have to start a goal or two down.

10. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    I would guess more than the chances he spends €80M on Tchouameni

11. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I agree. No chance of RM going beyond 60 ME for Tchouameni. Very doubtful Flo will compete with the likes of City for Bellingham as well.

12. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Incorrect.

Florentino will compete with anyone if it is for a player he specifically rates and wants.. especially attacking or flair players.

Deep Pal repped this.
  13. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Whether we sign a a DM or a player of that profile or a player like Bellingham who has been described as a B2B with more attacking profile will impact Camavinga’s future development. If he plays with a pure DM or B2B with a more defensive profile his natural abilities (the ones he’s shown yet, he could have more) will have a better chance of developing, taking the ball forward, even final passes. If he plays with Fede and a CM with more attacking profile he will have to develop his defensive game A LOT. by that I don’t mean physicality or tackling which is part of it but more positioning and understanding passing lanes. He is not good at that currently. He will basically need to learn everything from Casemiro.

Not saying one outcome is more likely than the other. But I have a feeling that if we don’t sign a pure DM or a player of that profile Camavinga will be shoe horned into that role a lot.

Anon., Ahmadi8, Digital and 3 others repped this.
  14. REALFOREVER

REALFOREVER Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Don't kid yourselves, Floro will break the bank for Bellingham if need be.

15. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    When has he competed for anyone regardless of price since the oil clubs came into the picture?

Deep Pal repped this.
  16. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    You think him bidding €180M isn't competing against PSG and a show of strength?

You think that amount for a player with one year remaining, not even taking into consideration agent fees and bonuses isn't competing for a player regardless of cost?

We were even rumored to want to reach €200M.

libertao repped this.
  17. Icalldibbs

Icalldibbs Member

Real Madrid
    Mexico
    Mar 12, 2019
    come on, we simply couldn’t pay him more than we would mbappe or else mbappe might have walked. So our ceiling was already set. City have no cieling, and it’s why they beat us to him.

18. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Adriano was a brutal talent, my word. If the guy wouldn have been better equiped to deal with life on a personal level he'd have been a generational player.

Likewise i think Vinicius joining Barca would have put him in a whirlwind of changes which would've probably harmed his progress, the same way some of our talents got lost in the post galactico chaos.

Zidane05 repped this.
  19. Beowulf112

Beowulf112 Member

Real Madrid
    Croatia
    Jun 3, 2018
    What abour lika modric..is he going to extend?

20. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yeah, it was never a doubt.

21. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    There is nothing that supports what amount we actually offered.

22. pramod

pramod Member

Realmadrid
    Sep 4, 2006
    Hyderabad @ India
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Ceballos has post a picture on social media indicating that is move away from Madrid - that feckallos is join arsenal it seems

23. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Or it could mean that he's unpacking too

24. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    Ancelotti confirms Fatzard is staying. Great news....

25. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    Yes. This makes sense and is perhaps the biggest obstacle in signing Haaland.