Building A Team For The New Bernabeu - The Summer Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Drouchk, May 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ssr9

Ssr9 Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Mali
    So...let me get this straight

Flo lets City take all the risk on Haaland:

- Total deal of probably more than €150m with all commissions etc...
    - Unclear injury situation ..

But....

We have to option to snap him up in 2 years if everything goes well when he's 23:

- just went Benz' new deal ends;
    - Mbappe already in the house and settled;
    - Vini and Rodrygo even better; and
    - Endrick turns 18.

Don Florentino Perez

Anon., RMSocrates, PigBenis and 8 others repped this.
  2. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, would’ve been nice to sign him now but it’s not like he is locked up for 5-6 years without an out somewhere along the way. Let’s see how things go. And lucky us, we will be watching Mbappe and Vini week in and out while we see how it works out with Haaland. Not bad, eh?

Anon., RMSocrates, Doni and 3 others repped this.
  3. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    So let me get this right..

Halaand was said to be too expensive, agent fees too high, bonus too much, injury prone, etc etc.. at a buyout of €60M but all of that goes away and means nothing two years later when his buyout almost triples to +€150M?

Uh huh. Okay.

Seoul Villan repped this.
  4. dooda

dooda Member+

Jun 8, 2005
    Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Apparently, it was 65 mil for the club and 40 mil in commissions. For that price I would have been happy to roll the dice, I mean damn, we paid the same for Hazard and he can't be worse than that.

Hopefully the 150 release clause is true, it gives a chance to see how our players will pan out, but there's no guarantee he'll want to leave City if he gets the KDB treatment over there.

5. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Actually we paid significantly more for Hazard and I doubt the agent fees and commissions is true because they basically lied about everything they reported to make this look like a bad transfer.

I mean the guy above me actually believes Halaand cost €150M. It's laughable how the media works.

It just doesn't make sense financially. Like at all.

Seoul Villan repped this.
  6. Seoul Villan

Seoul Villan Member+

Feb 16, 2011
    Also, it’s assuming he would want to come here in two years, which is also a stretch on top of the financial gymnastics that make no sense to buy him later and not now.

The release clause (if it exists) doesn’t change a thing. He’s more likely to stay at City getting astronomical wages in 2 years time when he says hey I’ve got this release clause unless you pay me more….

7. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    Lol. No.

8. dooda

dooda Member+

Jun 8, 2005
    Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think the number is accurate since its being reported by a few ITKs at City. While the overall cost of the operation is actually below market value for a player like Halaand; can't help but agree with the below consensus.

9. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    To be fair, this is one rare example where agent has really earned a decent fee. 40M is obviously a lot, but I have a feeling City happily pays that for his efforts negotiating that 60M release clause.

Anon., Shay Z, YOUNGSTARS87 and 2 others repped this.
  10. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    If you think Messi didn't make average Barca sides great, you're out to lunch.

11. Raul-7

Raul-7 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 17, 2006
    But is Endrick a true CF like Haaland or an inside forward like Vini Jr, Rodrygo, etc. who are a dime a dozen?

The reason I'm disappointed we missed out on Haaland is 1) His build, at 6'4" and with that pace - makes him a beast in the penalty box (2) His numbers speak for themselves and (3) he's a true CF.

He's a rare breed; kind of like a mix of Lewandoski and Ibra.

12. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Endrick plays as No.9 for all his teams. He's still only 15 so let's see what his height will be at 18.

Haaland is like Lewa which is great. I don't think he has any Ibra in him. Ibra was amongst the best technically.

13. Beowulf112

Beowulf112 Member

Real Madrid
    Croatia
    Jun 3, 2018
    Im haply we missed on haaland.Regarding endrick.I would slap 40M€ on him even though he is only 15/16 years old.Sometimes you need to gamble.He is a generation talent.

14. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    We're rumored to pay Mbappe double for agent fees and bonuses. In the end his total transfer cost is way below his actual value.

15. Raul-7

Raul-7 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 17, 2006
    Who? Mbappe or Haaland?

16. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    I was referencing Halaand but you could say the same for both players.

17. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Tension increases between Mbappé and Le Graet

According to RMC Sport, the player's lawyer has canceled an appointment he had this Wednesday with the Federation for image rights. The tension increases.

According to RMC Sport, one of the reasons for the cancellation of the meeting between Mbappé's lawyer and the French Federation is that the player has not appreciated the words of Le Graet, president of the organization, who assured L'Équipe that, if Mbappé did not adhere to the contract he had signed with the Federation, he was not going to collect the money that the players receive from FIFA.

https://as.com/futbol/2022/05/11/internacional/1652288438_536550.html?omnil=resrelart

Nice. He can chill in Madrid away from all the stupid French and Qatar politics from next season onwards.

18. Seoul Villan

Seoul Villan Member+

Feb 16, 2011
    How do you know Endrick is a generational talent? Based on some grainy phone footage on what looks like a Sunday league pitch with Chickens running through and defenders that look like they drive taxis during the week?

How do we know he’s even going to sign with us and not Barca? How do you know we could even buy him for 40m? Let’s gamble 40-60 million on a 15 year old?

I’m more confident about Haaland being a generational talent as he’s put up crazy goals everywhere he’s gone and also in the CL at 21. Losing out on him is more detrimental than focusing on a kid who in 4 years may or may not even be our player.

We’re acting as if Endrick will become Neymar or Vinny. He could be the next Adriano or Robinho, or not even make European level football. Truth is we don’t know. Let’s give him some time playing 1st division in Brazil, which is equivalent to Spanish 3rd/2nd division and see how he does against men.

Let’s stop with the squad building with him carved in stone as a starter at 18 scoring 20 goals a season FFS.

Dage repped this.
  19. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Romano said our financial offer was close to what City offered. Haaland thought City option was more straight forward since no real competition there for a No.9 spot while RM has Benzema at best player in the world level. Don't think we expected Haaland to join this summer, but made an important financial offer so that the relationship is fluid if/when he decides to leave City.

It's a case of bad timing for RM and Haaland with him leaving Dortmund now while Benz being our talisman, but I am really excited about Mbappe Benz Vini trio next season with Rodrygo as the 12th man in the squad.

Anon. repped this.
  20. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    But isn't the team's new approach is to sign young prospects before they become galacticos? Every young talent is a gamble, if we didn't we wouldn't have the Casemiros, Marcelos, Vinnie & Rodrygos.

I get that Haaland was opportunity given his buyout, but let's not pretend his purchase is like a galactico signing (seems to be injury prone at that) where we try to fit all our star attackers, and unbalancing the team in the process with Mbappe potentially coming.

As of now the priority is the midfield and defense. We don't have unlimited funds.

21. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    We just brought in a CB and will bring in the best young attacker on free transfers and people are talking about how we must manage our limited funds.

When we are dropping more than €150M on a player with a year remaining on his contract apparently we are limited and can do anything.

22. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    "I see Camavinga and Valverde as starters at Madrid, but it is true that a substitute for Modric is missing."

Roncero , Editor-in-Chief of Diario AS

23. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don't have a problem with you having a different opinion, i'm just telling you it's a shit opinion. I don't have a problem saying that over and over, it's you that has a problem accepting criticism.

24. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I might be wrong, but things might look totally different in two years.

25. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    CB is not the only position in defence dude. Do you think we don't need better fullbacks? (don't ask me who). Do you think we could always go to free contracts on most of our deficient areas?

Dropping €150m on an expiring player is dumb. Doesn't mean we did it means we should keep doing it. I think most of us agree on that. Look at how we are staddled with that player's contract right now and is non sellable.