Building A Team For The New Bernabeu - The Summer Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Drouchk, May 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xRamos4

xRamos4 Member+

May 14, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Not arguing Camavinga isn't getting any run - he's 19, plenty of time. But, as a potential transfer coming in, I'd say "well are you ever going to move on from KCM?" If the 36 year old can't be rotated, why would they rotate the 29 year old, when their coach has shown a clear preference for a consistent starting line-up?'

Camavinga (19) can wait a year or so for Modric (36) to retire. Tchouameni is 22 - I don't think he's going to be as patient waiting for Casemiro (29) to be phased out. When would that be, when Casemiro is 33, and Tchouameni is 26?

I wouldn't jump at the prospect of being on the bench for 4 years of my development.

Açores57 repped this.
  2. petros93

petros93 Member

Real Madrid
    Greece
    May 27, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    The 36 year old isn't getting rotated because he is literally the best midfielder in the squad if not the best player in the squad.

This is an exception though. Not the norm. We don't know if Case can keep on playing on World class lever and he has shown some signs of degression in his performance lately.

Anon., lukita, PigBenis and 7 others repped this.
  3. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Kroos probably gonna retire in 2023 and Fede plays with high intensity like Carva while being injury prone. Isco finally leaving. Same with Ceballos. In short, Case, Fede and Camavinga might be the only midfielders under contract in 2023. So Tchouameni could be a key player that season. And we'd need couple more CMs for depth outside these 4.

Anon., Digital and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  4. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    lol, if the stupid European clubs are willing to pay...

5. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    They can want to put a 100M release clause in his contract, the player still has to accept it. Knowing that he wants to go to Europe, why would he?

6. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Next year, more likely than not, will be Kroos and Modric’s final season with us. We’re going to need to buy a midfielder every summer for the next 3 years to compensate.

Saeta Rubia repped this.
  7. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    First, off topic, Khedira?, up to this day i'm sorry to say but i have no idea what this player was good at, on or off the ball, this is one player i think was lucky to have had the career he had, i can't even think off the top of my head of one moment that impressed me, but that's just me others will probably disagree,

Anyway all i really wanted to say here was, if fans think that Case doesn't move the ball well then so be it, i won't change any minds here or try to, being a crucial part of a multiple title winning midfield trio speaks for itself, more than the supposed much more technical DM's out there can claim at the moment, it's not easy to consistently start for Madrid, also, which player doesn't have some flaws? except Godric of course, so we agree to disagree on that point.

I really like the little i've seen of Tchouameni though, looked really good for France, it would be interesting if we could get him and he could have as good a career as Case has had with us, that would mean that we continue to win, which for me is the bottom line

Indeed, It's like the part where we are trying to win games and thus trophies this season is being ignored, we are still Madrid and still actively competing, IMO we have to play the best we have as much as we can, the coach is the person to make the calls, he sees the players on a daily basis, we can only hope he gets it right

Bear Crotch repped this.
  8. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004

Not his biggest fan either but he covered a lot of ground and helped our shape due his ability to get forward and back. My issue having said that was he was too frail with the tackle and never used his size, there were times when he got back but still let the player get by him.

Saeta Rubia repped this.
  9. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    Of course they will negotiate and reach common ground. I just hope Palmeiras gets as much money as possible. Especially if he goes to City. We sold Jesus too cheap to them.

10. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
  11. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Raul-7 repped this.
  12. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

Shay Z, Anon. and 4x4s repped this.
  13. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine

14. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The only reason why he got so far is nobody expected him to lol.

Stiliyan, Zidane05 and Umar repped this.
  15. REALFOREVER

REALFOREVER Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Based on these targets, I am getting the vibe the formation may switch to a double pivot after KCM.

If they add Tchouameni and Gravenberch to Camavinga and Valverde... that is alot of players with good engines. I assume they would get one and not both, but you never know. It seems like a lot of players... KCM + Valverde, Camavinga, Tchouameni, and Gravenberch. 7 Mids? I guess they are thinking next year is probably Modric's last high end season anyways, and you have to imagine Kroos may only have 2 more high end seasons left.

16. madridista_hr

madridista_hr Red Card

Real Madrid
    May 21, 2009
    Here
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Reminds me of this magician:

temesgen, libertao and Umar repped this.
  17. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Forget the Barca players.

Watch all of the rest of the Madrid players. It’s hilarious.

They stay back as soon as he starts his run. Even they know ain’t nothing gonna happen.

natenate101 and Akramzizou repped this.
  18. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    The finish he was going for was this.

Ahmadi8, temesgen, Excape Goat and 2 others repped this.
  19. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I can watch the Xabi stutter steps before the pass all day.

20. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    We might be blessed with a @Eddie appearance

Shay Z repped this.
  21. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

22. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    Seriously, Arbeloa wasn't that bad. Decent RB and LB, kinda like Nacho.

Anon., madridista_hr and Digital repped this.
  23. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Arbeloa was an excellent type of player. Reliable player, good for the locker room and doesn’t break the bank. Ideally more than half the squad should be made up of these types of players.

Anon., madridista_hr and natenate101 repped this.
  24. Seoul Villan

Seoul Villan Member+

Feb 16, 2011
    80 million? I don’t watch Monaco, but that seems high for a DM we really don’t need.

25. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Anon., Zidane05 and MiamiNative0722 repped this.