Building A Team For The New Bernabeu - The Summer Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Drouchk, May 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    libertao repped this.
  2. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Baptista had a couple of seasons where he got attention but there was nothing linking us to him until that summer. It seems like a panic buy because he was in great form rather than a consistent plan to sign him.

Unlike say Mbappe (or youre right, like Kaka) who we clearly followed for some time and have a clear idea where and how he will fit into the squad.

Endrick is not a player who will plug a gap in this squad (and especially not if Haaland comes). He is a pure gamble, and whilst I trust management with these investments I find it hard to get excited about them.

3. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Agreed

4. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Haaland votes for top 3 players last year in ESPN FC interview:
    1.Lewandowski
    2. Benzema
    3. Messi

Thoughts?

5. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    AS quote a report from Brazil that this kid will sign a professional contract at 16 with a buyout clause installed at 100 mil. Euro.

6. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    40mm is a lot but it's also easier to recoup. Hazard for example was 120mm or so and we'd be lucky to offload him for 35mm and then there's the likely wage subsidy we'd probably have to accept to make such a move feasible.

Signing a teenager for 40mm or so and having wages at say 3mm a year means if it doesn't pan out, you can likely sell for ~20mm without additional wage subsidy or if there were one, it's not really moving the needle all that much.

To be honest most of these big 100mm plus signings look like bust. The potential losses are much greater. Now if the next Ronaldo becomes available, you sign him for sure but we have lots of guys who aren't even a top 50 list who are going for way too much money. Outside of Mbappe and Haaland, I can't of anyone right now worth the risk.

7. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Who signs for him if he's not old enough to conduct business for himself? We can agree with the club, but who signs for the player? His parents?

Wouldn't it be just player's rights right now?

8. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    His parents or guardian or if they’ve given power of attorney to a lawyer or someone they trust will sign on his behalf until he’s 18.

The way I understand it is that he’ll sign a pro contract with Palmeiras In a few weeks. It’s for 3 years. After that we or some other team will negotiate a fee and sign a contract with his club for a buy option which is triggered when he turns 18. I haven’t read anywhere that it’s gonna be a buy and loan back kind of situation which leads me to believe that we can’t officially (buy) hold the players rights until 18. He’ll be a Palmeiras player until the buy clause is triggered.

Palmeiras want to put a 100M buyout in his pro contract.

Digital, Ahmadi8 and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  9. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Real Madrid travels to Monaco for Tchouameni

Juni Calafat, head of scouting, has traveled to the Principality

Calafat has been in Monaco for two days talking to the player's entourage and knowing first-hand the details of the operation.

As Ancelotti said last week, the club has already defined its roadmap for next season and that involves the incorporation of a defensive midfielder who can take over from Casemiro. And the chosen one is Tchouameni.

Madrid not the only one that has asked about the midfielder, but as happened with Camavinga , the field work started months ago, gives the Madrid team an advantage.

Anon., PigBenis, madridista_hr and 4 others repped this.
  10. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Anon., PigBenis, madridista_hr and 4 others repped this.
  11. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    I like the thinking here. This shows that the club doesn’t see Camavinga as a Casemiro replacement even tho he’s been used in that role a fair few times this season. Thank goodness we are not trying to shoe horn a player into a position that won’t bring the best out of him.

Anon., PigBenis, madridista_hr and 6 others repped this.
  12. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Do we necessarily need a like for like Casemiro long term replacement of our other midfielders don’t end up being of the same mould as Kroos and Luka though.

madridista_hr and Seoul Villan repped this.
  13. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yes. This is a key position for success.

Anon., Digital and Ssr9 repped this.
  14. Ssr9

Ssr9 Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Mali
    Another legendary trio being put together. Good on the ball with great work rate.

Fede------------Camavinga
    --------Tchouameni---------

Sheesh...

Anon., Drouchk and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  15. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Tchouameni is a DM in the mould of Rodri. Press resistant and pretty agile moving with the ball. So a different profile as a DM compared to Case who's a tank defensively. Digital might disagree, but teams do target Casemiro with press because that's his weakness. He will have some games where he will pick out a great pass but technically he has flaws.

I saw Xabi Casemiro comparison in another thread. Xabi is as good as Kroos when it comes to press resistance and passing accuracy. Casemiro is on another league defensively though. Xabi had Mascherano as DM at Liverpool and Khedira in double pivot under Mou.

Stiliyan, Anon., PigBenis and 5 others repped this.
  16. Seoul Villan

Seoul Villan Member+

Feb 16, 2011
    couldn’t agree more, we need to look beyond that system. We don’t have like players in Modric and Kroos. Touchemni is another project that doesn’t help us evolve

17. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    What? Re read what I wrote. I’m not saying neglect the defensive mid position, I’m talking about the midfield balance and how the midfield three compliment each other in the future.

I’d heard differently of Tchouameni, hypothetically if Camavinga and Fede occupy the two midfielder slots ahead of the DM I think a player to what you’re describing here is a good fit.

I’m going to try to watch him for Monaco soon.

Anon. repped this.
  18. xRamos4

xRamos4 Member+

May 14, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I can't see this kid coming here in the summer, having just watched what Camavinga's game time looked like this year. Camavinga probably looked at 36 year-old Modric and thought he would be a regular fixture in the squad by the end of the year.

Casemiro is only 29. How long does Tchouameni have to wait to get his turn? People can say "world cup 2022" all they want - Ancelotti. Doesn't. Rotate.

Açores57, ImadEdd and Seoul Villan repped this.
  19. Seoul Villan

Seoul Villan Member+

Feb 16, 2011
    If Fede and Camavinga can’t get minutes, other than rare sub at the 70 min mark, why would any young midfielder want to come here?

I get why Benz and Vinny are overworked but, this non rotation thing is going to hurt us at the back end of this season and our recruiting plan.

20. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Camavinga already has over 800 minutes with us. He is well on pace to top 1500+.

That’s more minutes than Kovacic got as a 23 year old in his final season with us.

I’m not sure what people expected for an 18 year old in his first season in a new league and country. Could we use him more? Sure. But I think it’s fan anxiety with KCM more than anything else.

Anon., PigBenis, lukita and 2 others repped this.
  21. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Anon., Zidane05, Digital and 1 other person repped this.
  22. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

Anon., PigBenis, madridista_hr and 2 others repped this.
  23. pramod

pramod Member

Realmadrid
    Sep 4, 2006
    Hyderabad @ India
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    One more greedy Brazilian club

24. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    This is a great post, Casemiro is a better defender than Xabi was for sure, Xabi had to rely on a savage tackle whereas Casemiro is able to put out fires without even risking a card in many of the same situations. Casemiro as you say, is a monster defensively.

Saeta Rubia repped this.
  25. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Xabi was a defensive liability towards the end of his career. Relied extremely on his tackles and became a bit of a card magnet. Obviously a magnificent passer and elite vision, but he wasn't chasing down no younger players :D

Anon., PigBenis, madridista_hr and 2 others repped this.