Building A Team For The New Bernabeu - The Summer Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Drouchk, May 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saint Iker

Saint Iker Ronaldo's Right Foot

Dec 5, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Sign him now, worry about it later. Unless spending money on him somehow prevents us from doing more pressing business now, then I don't see the issue.

Deep Pal, Ahmadi8, Saeta Rubia and 3 others repped this.
  2. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Not to mention the RM academy is essentially the biggest pipeline for first team players in La Liga. The academy isn't about just developing first team players for Real Madrid, which has to be a player of the highest quality, but also to generate enough league players to profit off of the development invested in these players.

Stiliyan, Deep Pal, Ahmadi8 and 5 others repped this.
  3. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Recent podcast about Dortmund with some Haaland information:

Nobody believes that Haaland feels pressured to make a decision now, it's being considered a media tactic.

Raiola wants to keep staying at Dortmund for another year open as an option, depending on how the offers sound. If they feel like the clubs haven't financially rebounded yet and would be ready to pay the kind of money they feel would be justified, they could see themselves staying for another year in order for better offers to be available then, and possibly more clubs being capable of entering a bidding war amongst each other.

Dortmund feel like Mbappé is the number 1 priority in Madrid. Haaland would be an option if the situation makes it possible, but there has been no talks about finances and terms yet.

4. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Coman gambled with high wages and got injured (again) during the negotiation process, considering his injury record and the fact that he's mad eout of playdo, he just took the Bayern offer, because his gamble obviously backfired at a colossal level.

Goretzka never really wanted to leave, even didnt even bargain as hard as Thomas Müller did.

Kimmich didn't even hire an agent. Just walked in and signed the extention.

Süle on the other hand gave them a public middle finger and it's being pretty much safely assumed that he'll leave for free at the end of the season.

5. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Good luck to anyone that pays Sule who goes out of shape even this early in his career.

6. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He allegedly has multiple offers on hand. Recently turned down Newcastle according to the press who basically have access to his mobile phone at this point.

He's free and he's a German international that's starting a lot for Bayern. He'll get his contract.

7. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Who is Dortmund? Watzke has been clear about our interest and desire. No rumor mill claiming a source "Dortmund" can outstrip his very public and clear words.

8. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Right, we’ve literally seen the man say on video that Madrid are very serious about Haaland.

9. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    https://www.sueddeutsche.de/thema/Und_nun_zum_Sport

Have a listen for yourself, my God. Butthurt deluxe.

The whole idea is that Raiola and Haaland might feel like the offers that come their way next season might be better. Hence why they keep Dortmund waiting.

I find it funny to get attacked here for stuff that's being reported just because some people don't like what they hear.

10. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Lol, why do I need to click and listen to that when I have already read direct quotes from Watzke who outrank whomever "Dortmund" is from this rumor?

You get "attacked" (I didn't attack you) because you always choose to ignore positivity and lean into the most negative or despair-like rationalization, explanation circumstance or rumor.

Even if Raiola and Haaland were trying to delay another year.... could it be because they see it as a perfect fit with Real Madrid with Benzema possibly leaving or stepping down from fulltime role after next season?

There were rumors and speculation about that and you shot that down as stupid... now you're co-signing the idea but only with a negative connotation attached.

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  11. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I just posted this, pick your bone with the writer/reporter, not me.

12. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    #9462 YOUNGSTARS87, Jan 26, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2022
    Pick yours with Watzke. He actually represents Dortmund and has been very clear.

He is an actual source not some nameless figure representing an entire institution.

You can be as negative and act as obtuse as you like. It will never change the facts.

13. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The facts being that we've got an agreement with the player? We can be interested and still not come to an agreement.

Also "some nameless figure" while people post Marca and As stuff here. :ROFLMAO:

14. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #9464 MiamiNative0722, Jan 26, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2022
    What's the intention of the media tactic? If Raiola genuinely wants to keep the option open to stay another year, in which I agree with Youngstar in that it would be beneficial for Madrid and Benzema, I would imagine public confrontation with the club would not serve that purpose. What is the goal here?

Surely, Mbappe is the number 1 priority for Madrid. However, I don't know what can be deduced from that.

Anon. repped this.
  15. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    You're spinning.

Especially when you bring up Marca and bad sources like I'm not the premier poster on bashing all of those.

It's like you have yo be negative or take some ultra-pessimistic outlook. I know you could give a shit about me personally, but I really hope you're good man and this isn't your personal life projecting on sports.

16. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The report doesn't doubt that we have interest, the report claims that Haaland and Raiola are keeping the door for Dortmund open if they believe that they might get better offers from after the next season which might make sense.

We'll have a better standing, clarity with Benzema, Bayern will have clarity with Lewandowski, Barca will be further ahead.

Financially it's clear that things will be more open after the next season than this summer.

If they'd have a concrete offer that satisfies them, why wouldn't they be open about it with Dortmund?

17. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Dortmund want a yes or a no. They don't want him to leave the door open, they want him to either commit or tell them he's leaving/wants to leave.

By saying that they're forcing him to make a decision he's basically pushing it back to them, by saying that he hasn't thought about it yet.

Cases like Benzema (who the report claims will want to start for us for at least 1-2 seasons) and Lewandowki are also mentioned in the report.

Several teams that have interest have arguably fantastic players Already.

18. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

19. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    40 mil. for a player that can't even touch the field for another 3 seasons. :speechless:

20. Icalldibbs

Icalldibbs Member

Real Madrid
    Mexico
    Mar 12, 2019
    Not true, he can’t play on our field, he can develop elsewhere though. And even if he’s a bust you can bet we get back 10 million offloading him anywhere. Your talking about a 30mil top loss in worst case scenario. Best case scenario financially is we sell him after his prime at 100 mil. If management thinks it’s worth pulling the trigger for this kid, I’m very exited.

21. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    I trust management to deal with this professionally but I’m not excited by this potential signing of Endrick at all.

It could be the next Neymar or Vinicius, or it could turn out to be the next Freddy Adu. Judging a player on a few months of play often leads to signings like Drenthe or Julio Baptista.

You need at least two or three years to really assess whether a player is going to work out.

Excape Goat, Bear Crotch and Raul-7 repped this.
  22. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Paid 45 ME for Vinicius when he was only 16. Glad Flo doesn't have your archaic mindset.

2Magia2, Deep Pal and libertao repped this.
  23. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    That's exactly it though -- surely the phenomenal recent success of Vini and even Odegaard's ~40 ME sale earns some trust in our scouts abroad purchasing young promising talent.

Deep Pal and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  24. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    It's as if people are forgetting what the cost of half-decent talent has risen to in this current oil-club-driven transfer market. 117 ME for Jack Grealish, 113 ME for Lukaku, 85 ME for Sancho. Even benchwarming Spaniard Ferran Torres was 55 ME.

Shay Z, PigBenis, Deep Pal and 4 others repped this.
  25. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    We signed Bapista at 24. He had 2 very good seasons at Sevilla and 3 seasons at Sao Paulo before that. So he's in the category of signings you are advocating instead of Vinicius or Adu (no top club wanted him anyways). We have also had Galactico flops like Hazard and Kaka. There's no one right method or another. We pay Calafat and scouts to get those difficult decisions right. Just like good teams get the drafting of young players right in the NBA while bad front offices keep messing up no matter how many high picks they get.

Stiliyan, 2Magia2, Shay Z and 2 others repped this.