Building A Team For The New Bernabeu - The Summer Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Drouchk, May 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    There's nothing in there for Dortmund and the player himself for this to be an option. He's a surefire starter in a CL team, Dortmund have him tied in a long contract, he has no reason for a sign & loan considering he's already tied to Dortmund for a couple years, and Dortmund have not much to gain by selling a player right away that will only progress with time and experience.

Both the player and the club can cash in bigger later than earlier.

Zidane05 repped this.
  2. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    By the way there will be a limit on how many players you'll allowed to have on loan starting next season, so it's being expected that most loan deals will start being sell + buyback clause deals going forward

3. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We’ve only got 4 loanees out this season unless I’m forgetting someone, Renier, Kubo, Mayoral and Brahim.

I don’t see any of them having a career at Madrid now realistically speaking.

I’d welcome Brahim back for depth but he won’t see many minutes at all, and Japans strict dual nationality laws will always work against Kubo unless he becomes a key player which I don’t think he will.

Anon. repped this.
  4. Saint Iker

Saint Iker Ronaldo's Right Foot

Dec 5, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Odriozola is on loan as well but he's definitely one who should be sold this summer.

5. Galadrius

Galadrius Member

Feb 8, 2017
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I dont know what they saw in Odriozola , overrated even in RS. He had pace but his defensive game was abysmal even in RS...Our academy develops great FB last couple of years, we just need to give them more chance.Mistakes was made with selling Reguillion , Theo and Hakimi who are now in top 5 WB-s right now...
    Alvaro Fernandez who is crazy talented left so easy to United. So now we have Miguel on left to carry on.
    Problem is Rb , we cant enter another season with Lucas or Odriozola as our backup for Carvajal...

6. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Thing is Carvajal when healthy is a level above all of these guys, and all of them see themselves at the same pay grade as he is.

Ahmadi8, madridista_hr and Digital repped this.
  7. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We aren't missing Theo or Reguillon, no mistakes there IMO

8. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Both of them are arguably simply looking better under lower requirements.

Digital repped this.
  9. Galadrius

Galadrius Member

Feb 8, 2017
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #9384 Galadrius, Jan 23, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2022
    Yea that is problem with today football and players who just expect salaries like they are Ronaldo or Messi asap. They dont respect the service some players had in club. World class WB who are now such a important role in football are rly underpayed. I didnt check the paycheck of Alaba but i bet he was payed more then Varane when he signed the contract, i think i read somewhere he had better contract then Modric or Ramos who was our legend( Wtf with that) , same was with James or Hazard when they came to club...When u see the pay of some average players in Premierligue its just a bad joke...Its wonder how other clubs keep up vs Premier league , and thats why Perez is right with Superligue ...
    Porro sounds reasonable , i dont think he will expect huge contract , and i dont see space for him in City... 20-30 mil should be fine price to pay for him,and he can expect minutes...Odriozola can go back to RS or somewhere else,but that kid is just not good enough and he had his chances...
    Signing players out of contract sounds good but kinda destabilize salaries budget bcs u overpay players...Thats why i dont like the talk about Rudiger who i actully rate high and Mazraoui..

10. REALFOREVER

REALFOREVER Member+

Dec 22, 2003

Brahim is the only interesting player and has another year on loan. By that time, Hazard is probably gone, Asensio may be sold, and Benzema is a couple years older.

If they have Mbappe, Vini, Haaland, Rodrygo, and a Benzema that is two years older... there may be a spot on the bench for him. Especially since he can play on either wing and as an attacking mid. KCM is also probably not a thing by then. So we won't even be certain if the 4-3-3 is still intact. If they switch to a 4-2-3-1, then suddenly Madrid have a slot for him or at least a slot he can naturally back up.

It is also just easier to take him back since the club know he wants to be back in Madrid and won't demand starts unlike any new purchase that would require a transfer fee and would have extremely limited playing time. With a star studded starting three upfront, you can't expect to be buying bench galaticos.

I agree on Kubo, unless he becomes a star, Madrid won't hold a non-EU spot for him in perpetuity.

I suspect that Arribas and Blanco will be loaned next year. Then the year after, both are probably sold with buy backs. I like these two but they probably have to go the Brahim route and come back, if they do come back.

Deep Pal repped this.
  11. RMrules

RMrules Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 12, 2019
    spend the money on Haaland it is a no brainer.Benzema is 35 and the bench is amateur level...him and Mbappe whtever the cost .

Aensensen repped this.
  12. Aensensen

Aensensen Member+

Jun 10, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He's only had his 34th birthday a few weeks ago. So technically he's closer to being 33 than he is to being 35 ;)

Deep Pal repped this.
  13. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    The thing is in bold

Deep Pal, Anon. and Seoul Villan repped this.
  14. Seoul Villan

Seoul Villan Member+

Feb 16, 2011
    I’ve been saying this for awhile now and hope some will start to see that we cannot go into next season expecting Benz. Modric, Kroos to play the same level of minutes this year, injury free.

It’s more apparent than ever we need to make way for Haaland and another midfielder that can come in ( not a project or teenager, like Gravenberch or Touchemni).

we’re going to run the risk of dropping points and leaving the CL early since Carlo won’t rotate. He’s not learned from his last mistakes.

Deep Pal repped this.
  15. Seoul Villan

Seoul Villan Member+

Feb 16, 2011
    100% - Why we extended Dani for 2025 is another boneheaded move. The guy is finished as a top player since he can’t stay fit.

Deep Pal repped this.
  16. Seoul Villan

Seoul Villan Member+

Feb 16, 2011
    What difference does it make? He’s going to breakdown now that he’s logging every possible minute for RM and now playing with the French NT.

17. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don't think Perez will buy a RB this summer. It will be Mbappe, Haaland and a CB.

18. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    AS: Real Madrid want to sign the 15-year-old Brazilian prodigy, Endrick. Any club that wants to sign him will have to wait until he's 16, but he won't be able to leave Brazil until he's 18.

Deep Pal and Zidane05 repped this.
  19. Nir_O

Nir_O Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Mar 16, 2019
    RM fan. Great potential signing

Attached Files:

PigBenis, Ahmadi8, Deep Pal and 3 others repped this.
  20. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
  21. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

22. Galatico

Galatico Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 15, 2019

Shay Z, Anon., PigBenis and 7 others repped this.
  23. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto

Not sure the reliability of the source, but ay ay ay.

PigBenis, Ahmadi8, Doni and 5 others repped this.
  24. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I think Flo will outbid Barca easily like he did with Vini and Rodrygo. Doubt Barca are in any position to spend 40-50 M on a player who would help them in 2025 at the earliest. They desperately need money to upgrade their current Europa League level squad.

Ahmadi8, Deep Pal and Excape Goat repped this.
  25. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Can't tell you how not excited I am about the signing of a player we won't see for another 4 years. Who knows if he's even still an active player by then.

Stiliyan, Anon., ImadEdd and 2 others repped this.