Building A Team For The New Bernabeu - The Summer Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Drouchk, May 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Galatico

Galatico Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 15, 2019
    Deep Pal, Saeta Rubia and Drouchk repped this.
  2. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    He’s a natural.

Deep Pal repped this.
  3. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    This helps both parties...

Mbappe has been getting threats and other incidents. These rumors will calm all of that. PSG want to save face for as long as they can so it's a good look that they seemingly changing Mbappe's mind.

I wouldn't be surprised if Mbappe never addresses this and just let's it run to give him a bit of protection/shielding.

Anon., Deep Pal and Galatico repped this.
  4. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    This kid keeps adding to his impressive reel. Calafat better be kidnapping this kid and making him sign for us.

Deep Pal, Saeta Rubia and J-Mezzy repped this.
  5. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Crazy thing is he's scored from a bicycle kick before as well.

Deep Pal and Drouchk repped this.
  6. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    When can we legally sign him? 18?

7. Hsain85

Hsain85 Member+

Mar 28, 2006
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Barca will be all over him.

8. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    In before the kid reveals his idol is Vinicius Jr. And would like to play with him in the future.

Shay Z, Ssr9, Zidane05 and 1 other person repped this.
  9. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    In recent times it doesn't seem like Brazil turns out the stars like they used to, it would be if they had a mini renaissance..

10. Nir_O

Nir_O Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Mar 16, 2019
    I read yesterday that Barca sent scouts and are willing to pay in 3 instalments to Palmeiras. I hope Calafat seal this before. He is the next thing

11. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    In the end, as wonderful as it would be, we can't have everyone

Deep Pal and saadomar repped this.
  12. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #9287 saadomar, Jan 20, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2022
    Nor will everyone pan out the way we will hope. I think it's more about Florentino's fear of missing out since Neymar Jr. Look at the Jesus Reinier signing.

I agree with you here. We can hardly give some of our other prospects minutes. Thus it would be a buy and loan immediately situation. If we get both Håland and Mbappé, it gets worse for him.

Speaking of Brazilians, who barely remembers Lucas Silva? Didn't we sign him while Carlo was manager 1st time around?

Anon. repped this.
  13. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Buying affordable young players is a solid gamble, Odegaard didn't turn out as good everybody thought he would, but he ended up a net positive for the club.

Reinier and Kubo might still turn out to be good players, and them not being a Real Madrid case doesn't make them bad deals. Before somebody yells, I'm including them both in the discussion, because even though Kubo is far ahead, I'm not really seeing much progress from him in the past 2 years or so.

For me if you can sign a good player you go ahead and do it, no matter what.

Ahmadi8 and Deep Pal repped this.
  14. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Sure, but you can only keep paying €40 million+ for so many Brazilian prospects. The reality is, eventually there will come a time when we'll have to let a few Brazilian prospects go. We can't have a stranglehold on them all. I'm all for casting a wide net as long as it's within reason. But getting every Brazilian talent until the end of time just isn't sustainable.

Even the most fervent supporter of recruiting young talents has to see that.

If Calafat and the Brazilian scouts say this is a generational talent that we absolutely can't miss out on, I say go for it. But we have to understand there are limits even for a club like Real Madrid.

15. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don't follow Palmeiras, but based on a few footages he seems to have a lot of potential and even maturity for a 15 years old player. If all the top clubs in the world want him, clearly there's something there. It's up to Real Madrid to decide if they can give him an unbeatable deal. Right now, we can hardly give this guy any first team minutes. Unless he wants to go down the Ødegaard route, where he plays for Castilla and then a bunch of other clubs around europe, I see it being a hard sell to the player.

16. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don't see a problem with letting players go.

Again, look at Odegaard. There's a MUCH bigger market for talented young players out there than older established players, who are either good for you, or toxic deals you can't get rid of anymore.

17. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    #9292 Saeta Rubia, Jan 20, 2022
    He can't leave Brazil for another 3 years due to FIFA rules and who knows what our squad will be by the time he's 19-20. Haaland for example might have joined and left by then. If Calafat thinks he's RM quality talent, we should go forhim. And we don't go after every Brazilian prodigy either. Paqueta went to Milan and Antony went to Ajax for example.

We were after Gab Jesus and rightly so, but Pep convinced him by offering playing time right away. And we are gonna have some flops regardless of nationality anyways (Jovic, Mariano, Odri etc). Case, Vini, Rodrygo and Militao have worked out and we also had Fabinho at Castilla when he used to play as RB. Opted not to invoke permanent option.

Shay Z, Ssr9, Zidane05 and 2 others repped this.
  18. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    #9293 Saeta Rubia, Jan 20, 2022
    Many including RM fans online mocked Flo when he spent 45 ME on 16 year old Vinicius. Rhetoric then was he was over compensating for missing out of Neymar. Imagine now Vinicius and Fati together at Barca. So glad Flo snapped him up when Barca were so keen on him. If you wait till these players prove in a European league, price will be crazy like Felix, Dembele even if they haven't done much to warrant 100-120 ME. And they might not be at selling clubs either like Vini at RM and Gab Jesus at City.

Flo spent 45 ME on Vinicius and Rodrygo when the likes of 28 year old Sigurosson was joining Everton for 50 ME. Coutinho went to Barca for 140 ME+ few months after that. So it was already a low risk, high reward move to sign Vini and Rodrygo at that price given where the market was heading.

Not to mention how club got burnt spending big of 27-28 year old stars like Kaka, Hazard who had their relevant years elsewhere. Even if they had succeeded, you only get 3-4 good years at best for such a big investment. While we are still reaping benefits of signing a young Benz (than god Valencia didn't sell us Villa that summer).

Shay Z, Anon., Ahmadi8 and 2 others repped this.
  19. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #9294 saadomar, Jan 20, 2022
    There will always be flops on either spectrum of the signings. Whether they're green or veterans. A tried and tested Mbappe or Haaland can also become a flop. Nobody can say with certainty how a player will pan out for Real Madrid.

At this point the argument is trivial. Until he's eligible to sign with someone we'll debate this all day. There are so many other South Americans on our radar that there's basically a flavor of the month all the time. It wasn't long ago that we were hearing about Julian Alvarez from River Plate, now there's nothing.

Heck there were even rumors about Gabriel Veron (Edrick's teammate) being touted as the next big thing that Real Madrid was gonna sign. Now, we hardly hear about him.

20. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Mbappe or Haaland will only flop at a club if they are marred by injuries. That's why they are considered generational talent by most. Won't include Ron or Messi since they are in all time great convo, but Lewa, Neymar, Suarez etc were too good to fail at any club as well imo. Such players are rare. Hazard had the talent but injuries and lifestyle choices screwed up his RM career. And he was too old to recover unlike 2015-16 write off season at Chelsea.

Anon. and Aensensen repped this.
  21. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Pedrerol claims he will resign from El Chiringuito and quit TV if Mbappé is not a Madrid player next season.

Anon., Aensensen, saadomar and 1 other person repped this.
  22. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Win-Win.

23. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Hell naw, Mbappé is the goal, eyes on the prize and everything.

Anon., J-Mezzy and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  24. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    This 15 year old kid has the same agent as Vini Jr. ..

25. Knedalah

Knedalah Member

Real Madrid
    Israel
    Aug 4, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    Mbappe is ours. I have never seen anything more obvious than that. all those last headlines are a joke.
    We should focus on halaand now