Bugs And Suggestions Thread, Part 3 - The Big One

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by Huss, May 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    What happened to the Previous Thread|Next Thread feature? It was here for like a day, then disappeared. Why?

2. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You can thrn off the notifications for threads in your prefences, but the forum one is annoying, but easily ignored. But regardless, profileid's complaint is addressed by watching a forum and then clicking the watched forum link.

3. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Can we get our signatures back?!

4. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well, I am still seeing threads that show uo as having new posts with posts from back in April. This may still be an importing issue more than anything but it is not helping matters either. My Big Soccer was one place where you could access everything...like a dashboard.

5. Q*bert Jones III

Q*bert Jones III The People's Poet

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    It sounds to me like your problem is that you never Marked All Forums Read and you're seeing every single thread you've ever posted to as active. Which is really aggravating. But once you Mark Forums Read, it'll work pretty much exactly like MyBigsoccer.

Ditto. Mark Forums Read.

6. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree with this 100%.

Huss can you give us a sense of whether it's going to be possible to do newest posts on top?

(My apologies if you answered this already... I've been off BigSoccer for a week partly b/c of being busy and partly to let the BS growing pains subside)

7. spejic

spejic Cautionary example

Mar 1, 1999
    San Rafael, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Reasons why watched forums/threads are a poor replacement for MyBigSoccer:

1) MyBigSoccer did everything on one page.

2) Watched Forums still keeps the category headings. I don't subscribe to anything in World of Soccer, On The Pitch, Equipment & Gear, England, or Europe. That means I don't see my first subscribed forum until about 750 pixels down from the top or the user area of the browser. That's ridiculous. If I'm using my laptop, I have to scroll just to see the first thing I can click on. On my large desktop monitor, I still have to scroll to see all of the four forums I subscribed to. In the old My BigSoccer, I could see everything without scrolling.

3) I hate alerts. Forums/threads should only have two states - I have read everything, or I have yet to read everything. I don't need 14 alerts telling me I have to read a thread, which is a single action. Or alerts for things I don't care about. Alerts should only be for things I need to be alert for. Like messages meant specifically for me. Or for an immanent warp core breach. I don't want to spend time clearing alerts just for the sake of clearing alerts because I can't stand having that red box with the number staring at me.

Cris 09 repped this.
  8. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why do I see these Ad's at the top of the page? I'm a paid member, shouldn't they go away? I hope this wasn't the real reason for the software migration. :(

9. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you go to https://www.bigsoccer.com/community/ and move your mouse to USA Men (for example) where it says "Sub-Forums: 43" you can get to any of the subforums with one click.

10. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    And before, I just had to open my browser and TA-DAAAA; My BigSoccer right there.

12. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seems to be a problem with Search: For me it works OK the first time, but then if I click "Search Again" it never works... just get "server did not respond in time" or something to that effect.

One other nice thing would be if it would prepopulate the forum you want to search, based on which forum you are in when you click Search. The old system used to do that, I'm 99% sure.

As it stands now you have to scroll through the forums to find the one you want to search within. Tedious.

Or if there was a "Search This Forum" button that would do the trick too. I'm also 99% sure the old system had that.

13. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    Is Huss still reading this thread?

15. joe

joe Member+

Jul 12, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think this site needs more black, and more shades of gray, maybe some charcoal? And perhaps some light grey. And maybe some more medium gray. Definitely more light charcoal at least. And definitely a few more splashes of black. Maybe some matte black [that may be a bit ostentatious though]. Well at least some light black to offset the charcoal. That would be nice.

Sachsen repped this.
  16. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    Is anthracite owned by Nike? The site needs more anthracite. I'm tired of seeing black that is catering to the Mexican fans. The site needs something that represents US fans.

17. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    Serious suggestion: we need the resizeable text input boxes back.

The current quick reply and full reply boxes are puny.

18. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FYP

joe repped this.
  19. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Toward the top of all forum and thread pages, there is a link titled "Watched Thread" Click on that and then click on the link "show all watched threads" to see every thread you are subscribed to.

20. Huss

Huss Member

Aug 1, 1995
    New York, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    yes. but part 4 is easier for me