Bugs And Suggestions Thread, Part 3 - The Big One

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by Huss, May 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Q*bert Jones III

Q*bert Jones III The People's Poet

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    Your sig makes you look like an inconsiderate dick. It's many times bigger than anything esle on the page. I don't expect you to fix it.

I hope Huss & Co. place limitations on sigs including font size, IMGs and embedded youtube videos so that this site's newfound elegance isn't completely ruined by a handful of people.

2. TyffaneeSue

TyffaneeSue moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 15, 2003
    Upstairs
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I agree. I like the sig lines in the prior BS iteration, smallish fonts and discreet rather than in-your-face. If the focus of this forum becomes individual egos, it's not going to be a place I want to spend time. Plus it's hard to scan a thread when you've got intrusive sig lines smacking you in the eyes.

HeartandSoul repped this.
  3. JohnnyFutbol

JohnnyFutbol Member+

Nov 5, 2009
    Haddonfield
    Club:
    Club Tigres de la UANL
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Does anyone know who won the Serie ...

Oh.

Ooooh.

4. KensingtonSC

KensingtonSC Still Lazy After All These Years

FC Vaduz / Philadelphia Union
    Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    There. Saved Huss the trouble. Do I no longer look like an inconsiderate dick?

5. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    :thumbsup:

You look much better. And there have been lots of people on the customer service threads asking for reduced sigs.

6. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought that was a pre-requisite to live in the Philly area. :D

7. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    And right now it seems that I can get into the Lounge, and so can 2 others who are not mods ... but those who are regular mods cannot get into the forum. They can't even see it on their drop-down menu.

Just wondering if y'all have changed access privileges or if something else is going on ...

8. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would like to add my voice to the chorus asking for signatures to no longer allow big fonts, images, or embedded videos. I understand that some people want to tart up all their posts like a 13-year-old girl's Trapper/Keeper; but for everyone else it looks obnoxious and makes threads hard to read.

Jasonma and GiuseppeSignori repped this.
  9. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    While Knave has been a bit forward with his complaints about the changes, our problem wasn't with you as much as it is with the ability of posters to do what you did. I've seen countless forums cluttered with huge signatures.

Meanwhile, I still don't have the ability to add a signature again.

10. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    You've been around only a couple of years, but signatures have long been a big unpopular issue on BigSoccer. Any time a change has occurred that allowed for graphics, videos, large fonts, multi-colored fonts, they have quickly been abused.

It's not just Knave, and it's not just "a vocal few".

11. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    I assure you I am of a paragon of restraint and subtlety! :D

12. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    slightly north of a mile high
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Consider this me joining him, it's terrible and obnoxious from a usability stand point when the damn sigs are twice as large as the garbage being posted.

Kryptonite, HeartandSoul and Jasonma repped this.
  13. edwardgr

edwardgr Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2006
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was just responding to the Platinum users seeing ads thread. My post was #28 but I hit reply from page 1, although there were 2 pages at the time. Once my post was written to the DB and the page refresh happened I was left on page 1 but saw all 28 posts. At that point if I select page 2 I get just posts 21-28.​

14. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I am still having the same problem: there is no signature option under my user profile.

15. Hobo

Hobo Member+

Apr 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For how I use Big Soccer (last read button and subscribed threads page), I am very satisfied with the new look. It is much faster and much easier on my 40+ yo eyes.
    My only complaint is that when I have the text of the post at the size that is readable on my phone, I can't read the usernames of the posters.(But I assume this will be taken care of with the mobile version).

PS very thankful there is the ability to disable signatures. Whether pimped out or not, I have never found them as interesting or clever as the person assumes.

16. 12th Warrior

12th Warrior Member+

May 27, 2006
    I got a pm from a user whose account is frozen (locked?). What should I tell him?

17. Viscaelbarca

Viscaelbarca Moderator
    Staff Member

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 31, 2007
    MELT01
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Man, I was planning a huge thread for the Copa del Rey final... At the wrong time, the media got limited to 5 for each post and that includes Youtube videos! That is a real disappointment :(

Make it 5 images and 5 Youtube videos per opening post.

I was excited having tried out the new forum. Being allowed more media meant that I could make better match threads.... Previously, I could have three images and unlimited YouTube videos which is better than a total of 5 items.

18. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    PM Huss or DanV

Huss, I do suggest you fix the sig bit...it is the biggest problem with the visuals right now.

Tech: I saw a post that said a poster had repped it. I agreed and repped it, but the comment said "you and one other like this post." It appears to be an error.

Tech: also, earlier I had 3 alerts, notified in red. Clicked on them, read one of the alerts, but then the notice went away. Is that by design? If so, I'd like it to be changed so that the alerts remain for the links not clicked.

HeartandSoul, 12th Warrior and Cris 09 repped this.
  19. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    "likes" this

20. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I prefer the old limit of 3 images total, including those being quoted.

21. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I would say three inages, but not including the images (smileys) in the quotes.

22. Huss

Huss Member

Aug 1, 1995
    New York, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    We are working on stripping formatting out of sigs. Until then we have turned sigs off and will likely delete abusers or just wipe them all until we solve the problem.

Jasonma repped this.
  23. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    In large part because smileys are images, I'm glad it is more than 3 although I do wish the limit were even higher.

24. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    Was there a particular reason the option for a signature had disappeared earlier for some of us?

25. Huss

Huss Member

Aug 1, 1995
    New York, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    it was turned off for evryone at the same time. well, as fast as i clicked thru the usergroups