Bugs And Suggestions Thread, Part 3 - The Big One

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by Huss, May 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WhiteBlood

WhiteBlood BigSoccer Supporter

May 31, 2006
    Kuwait
    How can I edit the amout of posts per page?

It used to be 10 per page, now it's 20 which sucks..

2. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I still can't seem to find where I'm supposed to edit my signature? I recall seeing signature on my profile page, but it's not there now, for me at least. Has this been discontinued temporarily.

3. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Well there's your problem right there. :eek:

4. el-choul

el-choul Member+

Apr 17, 2006
    DC
    At the top of the screen, hover your mouse over Val1 (next to Inbox/Alerts/LogOut). There should be a signature button in the menu that pops up, which you can then click on to edit.

At least, that's where I see it for my account.

5. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There are two ways. If you mouse over the down arrow next to your user name on the upper right part of your browser, then a dropdown menu will appear and one of the options is "Signature". Select that and you can edit your signature. If you don't have the option to mouse over, just select your username and on the left hand side there is an option for Signature.

6. SombraAla

SombraAla Member+

Apr 2, 2006
    Waldo (Kansas City)
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Probably not something that is going to be very high priority, but since I'm thinking of it I figured I'd go ahead and post it here.

While working with Twitter and particularly trying to get a tweet into a thread on the forum, I came across the "Embed" function along with the "Shortcode" option which results in code like this:
    [tweet https://twitter.com/BigAfrika88/status/199924785944338434]

I figure that it would be cool to be able to use that... so when things calm down if you thought that it would be as useful as I do then I would love to see support for it added...

Thanks.

7. WhiteBlood

WhiteBlood BigSoccer Supporter

May 31, 2006
    Kuwait
    HEY :mad: Some1 help!

8. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Thanks, but it's not there for me. I saw it when we first crossed over, I made my sig blue. But I do not have a signature option on my profile page.

Huss, can you offer any advice?

9. Craig P

Craig P BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Post #12 in this very thread (as of the time I post) has an embedded YouTube video in the sig.

Q*bert Jones III repped this.
  10. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    It disappeared for me as well. I assumed it was a work in progress so we wouldn't see large images or videos in signatures. I guess not.

11. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    Until we get MyBigSoccer back (ahem!), it would be nice if BigSoccer remembered which forum categories I had collapsed from one session to the next.

12. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    I, personally, can access the Supporter's Club Lounge, but none of the others can. Some are mods, some are just SC users. Happened earlier today, and seems to still be a problem.

13. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It's bullshit actually. because of my "friends". I befriended 16 of them or so and like 40 befriended me. So now, I have to go back and "follow" everyone that was my friend simply because of who befriended who first...otherwise, they follow me but I am out of the loop.

It's stalking creepy like. Just make it mutual friends like before...Please!

loonixxx and JohnnyFutbol repped this.
  14. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    slightly north of a mile high
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I'd rather they bring back the 40 posts per page option, less clicking/less reloading == win for me.

15. Deep Wilcox

Deep Wilcox BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 5, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    User UNfriendly. This new issue is shit. It isn't a "bug". This new website is really hard to read, navigate and use. In a word it "sucks". Honestly, I bet posts are down 60%. This new issue is really awful. Good luck to ya, but I am looking elsewhere.

It's called FOOTBALL repped this.
  16. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Being a stat-head, and a former administrator of a soccer website, I would love if BS did release figures to show what usage was the last week under vBulletin and this first week under XenForo. There are lots of people who I haven't seen in the past week....

17. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rather I would like to see stats from the last major upgrade versus this upgrade. But in about a month. There will always be some loss when change occurs. But how much gain will there be? And how many of those that initially left, will return?

18. KensingtonSC

KensingtonSC Still Lazy After All These Years

FC Vaduz / Philadelphia Union
    Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    Threads that I was subscribed to just last week, I am suddenly not receiving notifications/alerts for. I can clearly see my avatar on that specific forum's page stating that I have posted in it, but I am not receiving the notifications/alerts. It's a pain in the ass.

19. JohnnyFutbol

JohnnyFutbol Member+

Nov 5, 2009
    Haddonfield
    Club:
    Club Tigres de la UANL
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I made this 3 days after the change. It looks like someone saw it and took my opinion on the avatar section, but i think the light grey every other post would make for a free flowing, easier to read thread. Also the default font sucks.

-----------------------------

[​IMG]

20. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FIX THE DAMN SIGS!

21. KensingtonSC

Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    Not until you ask nicely.

HeartandSoul repped this.
  22. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    I don't think he's asking you to make the change.

HeartandSoul repped this.
  23. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    I wasn't asking you ...

I was demanding that Huss and his team change the settings so people like you are forbidden from having obnoxiously oversize signatures.

24. KensingtonSC

Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    Truth be told, you're the only person on any forum I've been on to comment on it. If more people made a complaint, then I, personally, would make it smaller because I'm not here to offend the masses. However, it doesn't appear to be bothering the majority, otherwise they'd be here. If we're allowed to do it, then I'm probably going to keep it up until I want to change it, or a change is made, but if the majority don't necessarily mind, why change for the vocal few?