Bugs And Suggestions Thread, Part 2

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by Huss, May 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spejic

spejic Cautionary example

Mar 1, 1999
    San Rafael, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I don't see it in Chrome or IE9 either.

2. edwardgr

edwardgr Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2006
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am getting advertising on the Forum Home Page. Is the plan still for no visual advertising for premium members?

Edit.... Sorry just went back and re-read this thread and see this was mentioned in passing. I will wait for that issue to be resolved.

Thanks for all your efforts.

3. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I understand that. What I didn't understand is that that was related in any way to old rep (that is, that the import needed to be done first).

Actually I don't -- when was that? Maybe before my time? Or maybe you don't mean "got rid of the rep mechanism" but rather "zeroed out everyone's rep." I do remember that.

To me, the ability to rep in private is invaluable when a heated (but not flame-laced) debate is taking place, and I want to commend someone's post without giving the person on the other side of the argument the impression that I'm piling on.

I don't understand this response. "No" = "I disagree that negrep should be brought back"?

Assuming that's the case (you refer to a couple of posts above, and I see those) -- I guess I and others disagree. To me, it's a valuable way to respond to someone who's clearly trolling. In the absence of negrep, the only solution in that regard is to report the post; it's good to have an option that's a little less drastic (and less annoying to moderators).

Craig P and profiled repped this.
  4. drumline123

drumline123 Member

Aug 13, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This color scheme is hard on the eyes, gray and some more gray. hard to see certain fonts.

5. Huss

Huss Member

Aug 1, 1995
    New York, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    I agree. Will be working with designer on monday or tuesday.

HeartandSoul repped this.
  6. edwardgr

edwardgr Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2006
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I also still do not have access to the Mod forums. I wouldn't mention it except the status update says that we all should now. I do not see it in the forum list, and if I manage a thread and try sending it to the recycle bin, there is no recycle bin. (Although maybe we just delete now.)

7. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm having the same problem as Ed.

8. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Also don't see the mod forums.

9. edwardgr

edwardgr Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2006
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It also looks like there is some caching issues, at least with IE9. For example if I post in a thread and then move to another page in said thread, and then return back to the page I posted on, my post may or may not be there. If I refresh or leave the thread and come back the post is there. So the database is not having an issue. Not sure if this is something you think will be resolved by 'recaching'.

10. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I also am seeing now mod forums.

11. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Hi, not sure if what I am going to ask has been mentioned before, cause I hadn't the time to watch all of the "bugs and suggestions" threads (although I've read some of the stuff there): in the past, when someone repped one of your posts, you could see a message from them, commenting or saying why they had repped you. Now (maybe it's me?) you can see which posts has been repped, but the comments to them seem to be nowhere to be seen. I am sad if they're lost forever, because I found some of them funny... :cry:

(Also, I did like better the older smileys, but oh well... :D).

Another thing: I am not sure if it belongs here, but maybe someone can help me anyway to have the question solved: the official 2012 Nadeshiko Japan thread is very active; so much active that, when it was down because it hadn't been imported yet, we felt the need to keep posting anyway for about a day and we did it on an old thread (the 2011 WWC Final one). Is there a way that we can move those posts to the official 2012 Nadeshiko Japan thread, to fill the gap in the thread? o_O

12. TyffaneeSue

TyffaneeSue moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 15, 2003
    Upstairs
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Also not seeing mod forums. Kinda like being on vacation, at least modwise.

13. spejic

spejic Cautionary example

Mar 1, 1999
    San Rafael, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I'm really not a fan of these:
    [​IMG]

The focus should be on the topic title, not the person who created it. Like in the old BigSoccer.

Hobo repped this.
  14. Viscaelbarca

Viscaelbarca Moderator
    Staff Member

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 31, 2007
    MELT01
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Same here, no access!

15. bungadiri

bungadiri Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Acnestia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep, no access to the mod forums for me, either. When I use my old bookmark I'm told I don't have permission.

Come to think of it, it's kind of like Thor when he was kicked out of Asgaard. Except I'm not blond.

edwardgr repped this.
  16. Art Vandaley

Art Vandaley Member

Feb 22, 2006
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I also can't see the mod forums.

17. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
  18. KCbus

KCbus Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Nov 26, 2000
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Me neither.

19. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    1. I don't mind having people see who I rep. I find it odd people are actually terrified of this info being public. Stand up and be counted. What's the big secret?

2. I'm amused at the amount of mods freaking out because they've been temporarily deprived of their "authority figure" status. Are you really that addicted to playing God?

3. The edit time frame is 15 minutes. Far too short. Make it an hour, at least. Although from a few of the posts I've read, I get the impression the edit window might be different for some posters. I don't know if that's a kink that needs to be worked out or if it's because the system isn't totally functional yet.

20. Hobo

Hobo Member+

Apr 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree with this. (and I tested out the rep to see how it works)

21. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Ads...I'm seeing them! :mad:

One of the main reasons I support Big Soccer as a premium member is to get rid of the adverts. Could you please inform me what are the benefits of the annual premium membership fee?

Also, is there no spell-check available as an option anymore. If there is, I cannot find it.

Thanks

22. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Personally, I'm back and forth on this, but I'm leaning toward anonymity.

That is what you got out of mods asking access to the mod forum? You're making it like it is Stonehenge or something. It is simply a place where we can discuss mod things. It is not about lack of authority, it is about lack of information.

btw - Huss, I do not have access, either. Yet I do have mod abilities.

I think it is different for different posters, but when all is finished, I think 30 minutes would be a good time frame.

23. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    what is the difference between following and follower? Can't we just have a mutual "friendship" instead?

24. RapidStorm

RapidStorm Member+

Jan 30, 2005
    Denver, CO
    I haven't read the entire thread, so I apologize if this has already been suggested and answered, but: are the [lineup] tags coming back? Perhaps with more variations?

25. Republic of Mancunia

Aug 24, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Code:

[COLOR=#ff0000]Colours within code tags - can't get them to work.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#0000ff]Sorry if already raised.[/COLOR][COLOR=#ff0000][B][/B][/COLOR]