Bugs And Suggestions Thread, Part 2

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by Huss, May 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Huss

Huss Member

Aug 1, 1995
    New York, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    We are aware of every issue noted above. Just need time. This weekend i hope.

2. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just trying the new interface. Most glaring thing I can't find is how to sort the threads reverse chron, so that newest is at top. They didn't throw that feature away did they????

3. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Another feature/technical issue. When clicking the number of the post it does not open with only that post. It opened the thread starting with that post. That used to be possible in old bs, and should be possible in new BS.

4. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It will be back. See last post on previous page for list of issue and comments from huss.

Also, will there be active forum views and mod of the forum listed at the bottom of the forum again?

5. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    How often are we going to change the font? It was fine before. As a matter of fact, it was better.

6. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    And why is the edit function so brief. What's it set for? -- 10 seconds?

7. Huss

Huss Member

Aug 1, 1995
    New York, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    It's the same font, 1px larger so it's more legible.

8. Huss

Huss Member

Aug 1, 1995
    New York, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Do you not read the announcements? It's not fixed yet.

9. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Okay. I thought it was officially back up because I have been able to edit a couple of posts I made today but noticed the time frame was extremely brief.

10. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    23. No ability to negrep.
    24. No ability to rep in private, or to add a comment on that rep that's viewable only to the recipient.
    25. About half of everyone's existing rep has vanished.

11. bungadiri

bungadiri Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Acnestia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Which I think is a good move. Thanks!

12. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I've edited posts three hours later. Lots of people have complained about the short time fuse on editing, so why am I getting so much more time.

I like the little green dot to show who's online. I like the return of member since. As someone posted earlier in this thread, I miss being able to click on post count to see who's posted in a thread.

13. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Suppose I'm reading page four of a five page thread. I reply to a post about halfway down the page. My comments appear to put into the thread at the bottom of page four. I reload the page and the post magically moves to its correct place.

As we all know, the old system (and most others I've seen) have put the new post at the end of the thread and then taken you to the post you just made.

Is the above paragraph how it's supposed to be? Is it a bug?

14. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #1 thing I miss = option to display threads reverse chron ("most recent first"). Is it possible to add that feature back??????? (it's VERY common on nearly every forum site I use)

I wouldn't mind having the ignore list back too, but I can live without that.

15. TyffaneeSue

TyffaneeSue moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 15, 2003
    Upstairs
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I am personally fine without neg rep. As a mod, I got a lot of complaints from people who thought they didn't "deserve" it. And I couldn't make it go away! The whole concept seems pretty juvenile to me -- there is nothing constructive about it, just mean-spirited.

16. Huss

Huss Member

Aug 1, 1995
    New York, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    25 - The import isn't done. Sheesh, it says it on every page, I say it in every post. When it's done I will tell you, then you can tell me if the counts are wrong on rep, threads, posts, etc.
    24 - We're undecided on this. REmember when we got rid of rep?

Part a - Import isn't done, so some users are in the wrong groups or have different perms than others.

It's a feature. Doesn't require a page reload which is faster for you and gentler on the server.

Thread order and other options are at the bottom of every thread list (used to be at the top).

Ignore list I'm looking into to. Don't think we have it yet.

17. Huss

Huss Member

Aug 1, 1995
    New York, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
  18. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm with you. It's too easy to "gang up" on someone. If I have a personal grudge with someone, what's stopping me from getting 20, 50, however many people from negging the guy into oblivion?

I like the new way, but whoever said we should have the ability for private comments, I agree with.

19. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    - how come we cant click on 'replies' then it shows which members have the most posts in a thread. that should be brought back.

- stop making a box pop up when you want to edit your posts... make the actual post on the page editable again. this is very annoying.

colour:

- bring back some sort of yellow... why does it have to be grey?
    - i dont like how when you are writing a post the box is white and the text is black... and the background of the whole page is grey... it hurts the eyes. change it back to before.
    - also i dont like how quoted posts are shown in a white cloud with black text.. again it is just hurtful on the eyes

repping:

- bring back neg rep
    - stop writing the name of the member that gave a rep for a post... it should just say 'this message received x rep(s)'
    - i dont know if the mybigsoccer is bring brought back but make the rep page back to how it was... the new way is just annoying and it makes you feel as if your reps are worthless. bring back the green bar with the comment of the rep giver with a link to the post instead of writing out YOUR post that got read.

profiles:

- it is stupid how when you click a members name a little pop up comes up with stupid information. just make it go to their profile automatically and bring back 'location' to be visible right under the members name when they make a post.
    - bring back the 'who viewed your profile' section
    - not sure if in the process but just in case you dont know visitor messages look stupid [mod edit to remove improper word]because there is no distinction between the member writing the comment and his/her comment because it is all together in one line.
    - take away 'following' and 'followers' wtf is that? change it back to 1 section and rename it as friends.
    - get rid of the stupid 'trophy awards...' is this a way of encouraging new members? it is really lame.

20. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm using an iPad and When attempting to reply in threads, everything is done in the Quick Reply bs, so the tool bar that is usually above replies isn't available. I can't bold, italicizes, link to images and videos, etc. even when I click on the More Options button, the toolbar is not displayed.

Help?

21. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    In conclusion, persianfootball hates everything about the update.

22. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No. As discussed by a couple above as well as in other posts (on this thread, I believe)
    Agreed. I think it should just be left at something like "35 have given you rep." It allows lurkers to lurk positively.
    Thanks.
    I think there is a whole problem with the reply/quote thing. Seems to be more than one issue.

I speak for myself, but it has been there, just unoccupied. I think the latter is what has everybody bothered.
    In education we call it bullying. And it happens on facebook, twitter, etc. It is something that should be discouraged that that is why I think we should NEVER return to neg rep.

23. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    tells me you haven't read the thread.

Or go to the profile in a new tab.

Why are these two things so important to you. There are legit privacy issues to be considered. Not that serious stalker-type people won't have trouble...

thanks, did not know this. Added and I'll post an update of the list tomorrow.
    Agreed. Followers has kind of a cultish feel to it.
    Do you have a suggestion?

24. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe I missed this, but is the mod forum back or is going to be back?

25. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999