Bugs And Suggestions Thread, Part 2

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by Huss, May 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Huss

Huss Member

Aug 1, 1995
    New York, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    This is for constructive bug reports and suggestions. Please read the notice at the top of your screen first.

2. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Don't know if this is a bug or not but I found it weird how the system will decapitalize letters when you are making post titles. For example if I write this as a post title:

MD37: AS Roma - Catania (May 5th, 2012) [R]

It is turned into this:

Md37: As Roma - Catania (may 5th, 2012) [r]

It's especially weird that "May" would be de-capitalized.

Also worth mentioning I still do not see the moderator forums.

3. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    I apologize for asking this in other locations, but is there an option to change the number of posts per page?

Also, I'm not sure how many people really need the ability to report their own posts.

4. WarrenWallace

WarrenWallace Member

Mar 12, 1999
    Beer and Cheese
    Still waiting to see if/when will be able to ignore moderators in forums where they are not mods.

And please add Mr Warmth as a mod for MLS N&A. Thx.

5. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    Why do you hate MLS?

6. Ben James Ben

Ben James Ben Member

Apr 28, 2009
    I was going to report as a bug that there was no notice at the top of the screen. However, the notice appeared once I logged in. It may be a bug that notices don't show up for non-logged-in viewers.

For the benefit of those who might not be able to see it, the notice currently reads:
    There is no smiley icon in the original notice, but when I copied and pasted the "colon paren" characters in the quoted text above, the icon showed up. There doesn't seem to be a way to disable these sorts of smiley icons in posts. I'm not sure whether that is a bug.

7. Viscaelbarca

Viscaelbarca Moderator
    Staff Member

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 31, 2007
    MELT01
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Yep, also, When I try to move multiple posts to a different thread. I can only move them to a new thread but not one that already exists...

8. WarrenWallace

WarrenWallace Member

Mar 12, 1999
    Beer and Cheese
    FYP

But seriously, we need a mod that will interact frequently in that forum and call out the habitual trolls and deviants. I believe that he should have the opportunity to have some fun around here for once.

Plus he just got a new truck. So this would be another award!

9. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Issues, from my POV:

1. At this point, the biggest problem I'd like to see fixed is one that Huss & Co. are doubtless aware of, but probably consider cosmetic: the "shades of grey" skin the site is using. To me, this isn't cosmetic: maybe it's my middle-aged eyes, but different shades of black on top of different shades of grey is very fatiguing to read. It's even worse if someone uses part of their text as a link: rather than changing the text to vivid blue as used to be the case, links are now a shade of grey, changing the text to something that blends in with the background to a degree. Ugh.

2. It may be impossible, but it would be awfully nice if there was some physical separation between posts in a thread. On vBulletin, they were in distinct boxes; now, they're all in one box with a fine black line between them. When surveying a thread quickly, the posts blend into each other a lot more now than they used to.

3. Are there plans to restore the ability to give rep privately, to add a comment (visible only to the recipient) when one gives rep, or to give negrep? Are there plans to restore the rep people previously had to what it was before the changeover?

10. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    slightly north of a mile high
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Your link in your signature isn't working

Now who's a real soccer country?

It's taking me to to the list of forums, not a blog posting that the link itself would suggest.

11. Huss

Huss Member

Aug 1, 1995
    New York, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Dont move posts while the import is still going!

12. Huss

Huss Member

Aug 1, 1995
    New York, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls

Better?

13. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Assuming you're talking about #2, because that's the only place I see a change right now . . .honestly, I don't know whether it's better -- it may take a bit of use to tell. The separator is thicker; but it's also a lighter shade of gray (before, it was thin but black). Obviously I don't know how much of this appearance stuff is peculiar to me and my browser. But thank you muchly for looking into it.

EDIT: Just a check to see if you were talking about link highlighting. Nope. Links become clear when you move your mouse over them; but otherwise are hard to spot. And I'm sure folks won't think to mouse over all the text in a post when reading it.

EDIT#2: interesting. When you make a post with a link in it, and then edit the post, the link text (the bbcode for the URL tags) does not appear in the edit window. But when you save changes, it's still there. So you can't fix broken links . . .

14. Huss

Huss Member

Aug 1, 1995
    New York, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    The separator now was 30px above and below it so it's roomier, and is dark grey, instead of black now, but 2 px instead of 1 px. The links are blue and expand on hover.

What the heck browser, os, compute are you on? The links are clearly blue to me (dell monitors).

Thanks

15. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    Links are blue and expand on hover in Chrome.

Links are light gray and turn blue and expand on hover in Firefox.

16. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    Actually, links are blue in the DC United forum even in FF.

What if I try it here? Let's see: Test

Edit - It's blue. So there's something different about Bootsy Collins's link above (which doesn't even work).

Anyway, links seem to be visible now in both Chrome and FF.

17. raza_rebel

raza_rebel Member+

Dec 11, 2000
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    I am confused about the fact that I receid an "award?"

I opened the Arts link and recevied this. I can't make heads or tails of it.

First Message

Post a message somewhere on the site to receive this.
      Somebody Likes You

Somebody out there liked one of your messages. Keep posting like that for more!
      Keeps Coming Back

30 messages posted. You must like it here!
      Can't Stop!

You've posted 100 messages. I hope this took you more than a day!
      I Like It a Lot

Your messages have been liked 25 times.
      Seriously Likeable!

Content you have posted has attracted 100 likes.
      Addicted

1,000 messages? Impressive!
      Can't Get Enough of Your Stuff

Your content has been liked 250 times.
      I LOVE IT!

18. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    I've got more on the link colors:

When you create or edit a post in FF, and you go to preview post, links in the preview are light gray.

19. KensingtonSC

KensingtonSC Still Lazy After All These Years

FC Vaduz / Philadelphia Union
    Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    Any clue on how I can change the tagline under my username? I liked having the ability to change that when I wanted to. Plus, I don't want to stay at "Magic Number: 6 Points" forever. I also don't want to just be "Member". Seems so dull.

20. Republic of Mancunia

Aug 24, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Please limit the number of lines on signatures.

Edit: Briefly had a 30+ line sig just now to illustrate the point and was annoying people with it so got rid.

21. Huss

Huss Member

Aug 1, 1995
    New York, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Probably cached CSS locally. Shift-Reload to flush

22. TheSlipperyOne

TheSlipperyOne Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Denver
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I would love to get my name back: TheSlipperyOne is what I've used for the last 12 years and these updates changed my User Name.

23. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    Don't know if this has been pointed out but I set all my "privacy" info so no one could look at me, including what thread I am viewing. But when you click my name over there <===== it tells you what thread I was last viewing.

Thx,

Jay!

24. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I couldn't see it. Maybe you can always see where you are...

25. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    I logged out and checked us both. I could see where you had been but not me.

So I guess you can always see where you have been, but not where you are going next I guess.

Thx,

Jay!