Bugs And Suggestions Thread, Part 1

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by Huss, May 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Huss

Huss Member

Aug 1, 1995
    New York, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    We're calling it quits for the night as the importer and caches run for a few hours. Please use this thread to post legitimate bugs and constructive suggestions. Let's make this thread useful so everything gets to where we want quickly.

Known issues:
    1. my bigsoccer missing
    2. mods access screwy
    3. not all threads imported
    4. -> and consequentially search index hasn't been generated
    5. some userdata and avatars wrong/missing
    6. server performance not yet optimized for new system

2. Lusankya

Lusankya Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 14, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think not all the "Trophies" work in retrospective. I got the trophies for the number of posts just fine, but only recieved the trophy for 1 liked post, while I have the required number to get all trophies in this category.

3. Lusankya

Lusankya Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 14, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Ohh and the time limit to edit your own message seems to be really short (in this forum).

I want to add that I can't report a post or give infractions (probably your 2nd point).

4. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Huss, not sure if this is a known issue, but since the update, I have to re-login on every visit, even if I check the "stay logged in" button.

5. Philipp Lahm

Philipp Lahm Member+

Feb 24, 2010
    Russian Federation
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Under the avatar, i think it's a good idea to be shown the number of posts, likes, and location. :)

Art Vandaley repped this.
  6. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    You have to, have to, have to, have to get rid of sigs like Lahm's. This just gets in the way of everything, and when numerous users have said how much they've liked the "clean" look of vBulletin, this is what they are decrying.

Under the avatar, I would like a return to Member Since.

You should also merge my thoughts and suggestion thread with this one, that is if the mods can do it.;)

maturin repped this.
  7. bungadiri

bungadiri Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Acnestia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here's what I've noticed. (I'm using Firefox 12.0)
    In a forum, on the extreme right, the date/time link that's supposed to take you to the last post in the thread only works if that last post is one that has been created since the rollout of the new site. Last posts in threads that haven't been active since the new BigSoccer went live are not reachable that way. You get an error message: "The requested post could not be found."

8. bungadiri

bungadiri Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Acnestia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, and I just tried to edit the above post to add that I'm on a PC and was informed that the time limit for doing so was 0 minutes. I assume that'll change.

9. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    slightly north of a mile high
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    So only positive rep, no neg rep?

Is this the internet equivalent of kids playing games without a scoreboard and everyone getting a trophy so no feelings are hurt?

The biggest one I'm missing is the "my bigsoccer" with the filtered list of forums I care about, but that's being worked on apparently.

I'm also not digging the muted hard to read font for date/time of the post, it's light grey on white you pretty much have to mouse over to be able to see it.

If it matters i'm using the latest "stable" release of chrome on windows.

joe repped this.
  10. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    slightly north of a mile high
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    One more I don't like having to mouse over a thread to see how many pages of posts there are etc (when viewing a list of threads in a forum).

11. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would like for away to show just sticky and recent threads in a forum, how it used to be. I hate seeing threads fro, months ago that have no activity.

Other than that, the navigation on the left was nice.

I do like the new color scheme and layout, looks great on my iPad.

12. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agree with Val on the sigs, they could get out of hand.

13. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Overall I like it. I feel like the speed improvements are very much evident, and those alone justify the change. One thing I miss is the left side navigation which made jumping into other areas and forums really easy. I would work on reintroducing it.

Also I can seem to find the moderator forums, am I alone?

Viscaelbarca repped this.
  14. soccerfan789

soccerfan789 New Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Some threads I watched are missing... when will all the threads be imported?

15. Winds350

Winds350 Member

Sep 10, 2005
    +1 on the left side forum navigation tree returning. The popup window forum scroll list is pretty useless. It's too small to show enough context to know where you are currently, and if you need to scroll up or down to find what you want. There is no way to tell if what you are looking for even exists, or you just keep scrolling past it, back and forth. And keyboard commands like page up/page down don't work inside it.

Frankly, I'm pretty stunned it was removed. That visible list of lots of forums made the Big in BigSoccer not just hype. It was always clear that one was part of a large community with topics covering the world of soccer. The new look feels more like MyPersonelLittleSoccerAndMyFriends.

16. Sport Billy

Sport Billy Moderator
    Staff Member

May 25, 2006
    Why must I sign in every time?
    I click the box, but it doesn't work

17. TheSlipperyOne

TheSlipperyOne Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Denver
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Once I was able to get back in the site has reverted to my old User Name which I used for about a month when I first joined in 2000.

For the last 12 years I've been TheSlipperyOne. How can I get that corrected?

18. KensingtonSC

KensingtonSC Still Lazy After All These Years

FC Vaduz / Philadelphia Union
    Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    No one looks at your name anyway. They only look at the avatar. ;)

The latest alerts thing isn't updating for me. People have been responding to threads that I've posted in, but it's not showing up on my Latest Alerts page.

19. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Images and super long signatures should really be removed as soon as possible.

20. KensingtonSC

Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    Also, just thought you might want to see this, too: At the bottom of each blog, this message is displaying...

There used to be all kinds of stuff at the bottom of the pages like New threads and other blogs. Now it just displays that.

21. KensingtonSC

Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    Also, when a new alert shows up on screen, I click on it, and I get a red and black box saying that an error occurred.

22. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Click on Alerts. When the drop down pane displays, at the bottom right you will be able to set Alert Preferences.

23. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    Links are too indistinct from normal text.

BalanceUT repped this.
  24. DanV

DanV BigTech

May 10, 2005
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Thanks for the reports guys, we'll be working through them today. As for now...

This should now be fixed.

These errors are fixed, though we're still working on the widgets that pull in threads/blogs.

25. John Jagou

John Jagou BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 8, 2006
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    It would be nice to have all the functionality available on the dashboard when posting.... the bold button, the formation buttons, links, etc. I am sure it's coming, though