Buffachester Flash vs Points Unknown MagicJack (R)

Discussion in 'Western New York Flash' started by BlitzSpiele, May 22, 2011.

1. BlitzSpiele

BlitzSpiele Member

Sep 7, 2007
    The big game is tonight. I needed pick up an extra pair of tickets. While they did not open the upper deck at Sahlens, they have sold out the entire lower bowl.

This is shaping up to be great match.

Prediction: Abby gets home town hat trick, but the Flash prevail with four goals with McCall Zerboni leading the way which will lead to a phone from a woman named Pia.

2. Rochester

Rochester New Member

Jun 10, 2005
    WESTERN N.Y.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great game! Great entertainment. We have the best womens soccer franchise in the world right now. I am glad I got MARTA jersey signed!!! wooo!!! GO WESTERN NY!!!

3. ForeverLOST108

ForeverLOST108 Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Orlando
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great game tonight. Loved the play from Seger, Zerboni, and Engen. Harris made some great saves in the net after a lackluster start to her season. Marta played very well also.

4. SoccerDad00

SoccerDad00 New Member

Apr 22, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    What a game! Just got home, they announced over 8,000 attendance, score did not reflect what a great game this was.

5. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    MagicJack has a great team.

But this WNY Flash team is the greatest women's soccer team (non all-star team) that has ever been assembled, in the history of the world. That includes the WUSA, WPS, or any other women's pro or amateur league.

It's not even close. Not even FC Gold Pride was as good as this team.
    The Pride did not have: Caroline Seger, McCall Zerboni, Whitney Engen, Brittany Bock, Yael Averbuch, Alex Morgan, Gemma Davison (Ashlyn Harris and Nicole Barnhart are a wash in goal).

This team is incredible.
    Nobody else in the WPS even belongs on the same field as them, and that includes MagicJack (who is by far the 2nd best team in this league).

Here's how the league shapes up in terms of raw talent (including the space, or the # of notches in between each team) ..........

1.) WNY Flash

2.) MagicJack

3.) Boston Breakers
    4.) Philadelphia Independence

5.) Sky Blue FC

6.) Atlanta Beat

6. DazzRef

DazzRef Member

Jul 13, 2009
    Buffalo NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The real test is to see what happens when the WWC starts and we have mostly reserves on the field for 2-3 games. We've already seen what the Flash's reserve forwards could do against Boston's reserve back line......the issue is that everyone will be struggling to put together cohesive units during that time.

The question is.....how creative will everyone get with their lineups, and how will everyone deal with a short bench. Granted, we only deal with 3 substitutes per game, but injuries could also play a part in things too.

The Flash are a very good team, and I give a lot of credit to Coach Lines and Coach Vallow for getting them into really good shape. I won't start to crown them the "best team ever" until we see what happens the rest of the way. If the organization can win 2 championships back to back (W-League last year, WPS this year), I'd give the whole entity more credit than just the players.....but that's just me. :D

Just my $.02....
    Aaron

7. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    complete overkill on wny. crazy formation and offense killing sub via phone call by owner is the difference in this game. even after onslaught they could have had it 1-1 if Masar finishes. that's the key. even with 2 NT down with injury, Jack was still there to the 84th min. ok, refs finally called a foul on the marta run. i would have looked the other way. love marta. she fell on her knee but grab her ankle the brasil way. our friend cristaine is an expert at that.

i wouldnt be surprise if they down wny with that formation at home.

he wants 3 back to entertain the fans but that's not the formation for WNY. it works to contain kai, dimartino and a-rod but not the flash.

that field is as wide as an airport. if he wants to play crazy football, then go 4-2-4, at least force it into a talent vs talent ball game, not can MJ's defenders cover gaps. was also too much ground for MF to get back an help.

all in all good game, but those 2 are neck in neck, not flash on some other level. if dan insist on this, then of course he hands the champion to the flash. but as i said, philly is the dark horse, get better towards the end of the season. their line up is the one that could get past wny if harris has an off night.

harris played lights out last night. in multiple meetings i just dont see that from her, not happening.

8. QUICK AS A FLASH

Dec 8, 2010
    Best Starting Line up Ever?
    Gold Pride......
    Flash

Marta............ Marta
    Sinc...............Sinc
    Becky.............Becky
    Ali.................Ali
    Chappie..........Chappie
    Kandace.........Kandace

Shannon B.... Brittany
    Barnie...........Ashlyn
    Rachel B......Whitney
    Kelley O...... Alex M.
    Camile Abily...Caroline

Player for player there is very little between the two groups of 5 at the bottom. The big difference is that at this stage of last season the six FC Gold Pride players were only beginning to figure out how to play with each other. A year later the teamwork between these six former GP players is far better.

There is no doubt that bettors would favor the Flash against the USWNT starting line up.

There is no doubt that they are the women's team ever assembled.

They have the talent, the desire and the chemistry. But there is still a lot of work to be done if they are to be crowned regular season champions.

9. pasoccerdad

pasoccerdad Member

Mar 17, 2008
    KOP
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    3 of the 5 on that bottom list are upgrades and seger just edges Abily (not the player she was with the sol)

10. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Hahaha, i cant stop laughing. Pia wouldn't play 3 back and turn it into a circus for the fans. Mj is on par with this team in the right formation. i'm guessing pia goes 2-4-4, marks marta and morgan just isn't there yet, as we saw in the MJ game. WNT would kill WNY.

People are going overboard with this. Next thing, someone will say this team would get the vote over Germany's national team. They'd take marta left foot away as usual , and out technique wny across the board at every position.

MagicDan needs to be real play 4 back at FAU, give Hope something resembling a defense and Jack can beat this team hands down.

Come on. for as great as WNY seems, their stats were identical to MJ, just tells me Dan clowning with the formation was the problem.

WNY beating WNT or getting a line on them or the likes of the German NT. because if you are saying the USWNT then you are pretty much including Germany in that vegas betting line.

I cant stop laughing

Go Press!