Bueno ya estamos en el Mudial, pero ahora donde hay que Mejorar?

Discussion in 'Ecuador' started by Ladic, Oct 9, 2005.

1. Ladic

Ladic Member

Jul 19, 2005
    Guayaquil
    Bueno todos contentos ya estamos en el Mundial, pero ahora hay que pensar en como Fortaceler el equipo que aun tiene muchas Falencias, y hay que ponerlo al punto para hacer un digno Mudial.

Este tema es apra ver sus opiniones de donde hay que mejorar y trabajar para Mejorar el Equipo.
    Empezare yo:

Arco:

Primero creo que hay que seguir trabajando el Arco, a mi mode de ver, Mora es muy fragil y no da las garantias necesiras, tendra que seguir trabajando El y Villafuerte (el segundo me parece mejor pero ya no es titular en su equipo) y si a eso le sumamos que Cevallos viene tampando de forma Extraordinaria en Ecuador, habra que ver si manetiene el Ritmo. Pero de esos 3 sale el Arquero Mundialista.

Defensa:

Nuestro Verdadero punto flaco, esperemos que Ivan Hurtado regrese a Ecuador o algun otro pais para Diciembre porque podria perder ritmo competitivo si se queda mucho tiempo en Arabia Jugando, aun asi es nuestro Mejor Defensa.
    Ulises, Irremplazable, nadie lo mueve de su puesto.
    De ahi viene los 2 problemas, Espinoza y Ambrossi, el punto mas flaco de la defensa, y se se dan cuenta es por el costado donde siempre recarga el juego ofensivo los otros equipos y casi siempre nos explotan bien esa franja.
    Para mi desde ya hay que ir buscando reemplazantes.
    Uno bien podria ser Guagua que me gustaria ver haciendo dupla con Ivan Hurtado.
    Por la zurda tampoco hay mucho para escoger, pero en Holando esta Jose Valencia y me parece que hay que probarlo.

Mediocampo:

Nuestro punto mas alto, los 2 de corte, Ayovi y Tenorio inamovibles, Mendez y Valencia en Ofensiva tambien, aqui no se debe cambiar nada. Ademas hay buen recambio con jugadores como Castillo, Soledispa, Quiroz, Saritama, etc.

Delantera:

Bueno y el Tin es nuestro jugador mas importante el tiene que jugar asi no tuviese piernas porque aunque con la cabeza la mete.
    El problema ha sido buscarle acompanante.
    Para mi Borja no es mas que jugador casa adentro, ademas el Tin no debe jugar con otro "9", sino un "11", alguien que desborde y vaya por fuera, como es su oportunidad lo hacia con Kaviedes.
    De los que he visto hasta ahora, el Ideal complemento seria Lara, que esta jugando muy bien, y si se mantiene yo creo que saldra al exterior muy pronto.
    El caso Salas?? bueno empezo como gran promesa, despues a andado o de suplente en su equipo o lesionado, en todo caso me parece que no ha madurado lo suficiente como jugador, aun le falta mucho y francamente no lo veo mas que como un cambio para los ultimos minutos.
    Lo mas cercano que veo como un sucesor al Tin (aunque mantieniendo su distancia, es Roberto Mina, juega bien, pero aun tiene que mejorar.
    Otro que habra que tener en Cuenta es Felipe Caicedo y ver como madura.

Bueno esa es mi humilde opinion, que piensan los demas?

2. ecuafutbolfreak

Jun 3, 2004
    Quito
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    goal keepers, I like Mora. He is quick to respond and has good judgement! no doubt, he is our new number. Villafuerte is a good guy to have incase something should happen to Mora.

defence, I agree, Hurtado should find a new league fast. he is still playign very solid, and ofcourse, our best centerback. Espinosa is not always great, but he stands out sometimes. his inconsistancy can cost us at times.
    delacruz is untouchable. he is the heart of the team. no way he is out.
    I like Ambrossi, this kid is getting better! he was a wonderful marker on recoba! he did a perfect job and very clean defender. also, moves foward well, which sometimes leads to a hole on that side of our defence, and that's when la Sombra has to be at his best. I agreem Guagua should probably get a chance.

i think our strong point is our midfielders. Tenorio and Ayovi are both great at what they do; cut off men, distribute balls foward and man mark. no one in Ecuador are better then these guys, but I think Ayovi is aging and it is time to look at a prospect. you said Castillo, but what about Pato Urrutia??
    Mendez and Valencia are a great offensive pair and as of this moment, Mendez is probably our hardest working player with DLC. Valencia is still young and will only get better, but he is mature for his age and showed flashes of brilliance last night. he will only get better! great stuff! Lara and Salas are being used as impact players for the second half! for now, that should be their role, although I would like Suarez to try to start one of them against Chile to partner our center foward.

Tin is our best center foward, no doubt, and he will not be replaced. I saw potential in Borja, who seems to play better when lara came on. Kaviedes and Tin partnership must be established by 2006! these guys are the best we have up front, i don't care what anyone says! they got experience and the instincts and fearsome attitude that a foward needs. I see Mina making an impact, and I like to see that kid Felipe Caicedo, he seems special!

i can't believe i forgot Reasco! he is our utility player, and he is one of our best performers!!
    we still have some time to experiment, and in Suarez I trust! he knows what he is doing! i am sure from this time to the 2006 WC, Suarez will discover more gems! ECUADOR!!!!! :D

3. MetroG

MetroG Member

Jun 30, 1999
    Newark, NJ, USA
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Goalkeepers, I also like Mora but I also like Villafuerte...... who ever is playing at a high level around world cup time I would hope to see play. But please no more Cevallos.

Defense, Hurtado very solid the best centerback. Espinosa is great he is a double threat b/c he can head the ball on either side of the field your right he is not always great, but he stands out especially when he plays with the National Team.
    Delacruz is to slow if you see any Aston Villa games other players out run him all the time but he is still a solid player. We have no one better at right back, he is the heart of the team. no way he is out.
    I like Ambrossi, he is getting better! But Reascos should play this position I agree Guagua should probably get a chance the problem with Gugua is he is not so good in the air and that was always the problem with Ecuador in the past when it comes to headers other teams would just kill us.

midfielders. Agree "Tenorio and Ayovi are both great at what they do; cut off men, distribute balls foward and man mark. no one in Ecuador are better then these guys, but I think Ayovi is aging and it is time to look at a prospect. you said Castillo, but what about Pato Urrutia??"
    I think Urrutia deserves a look but I would rather have Soledispa the best young defensive midfielder in Ecuador.
    Mendez and Valencia are a great offensive pair and as of this moment, Mendez is probably our hardest working player. Valencia is playing out of his natural position which is right attacking midfield either put Lara there or a natural attacking left side player like Walter Ayovi.

Tin is our best center foward, no doubt, and he will not be replaced. I saw no potential in Borja. Kaviedes and Tin are better they have great chemistry and experience. Kaviedes should start. I would like Mina to play some more games with the National team to get a feel for this b/c this ain't MLS I hope the coach does not forget about Carlos Tenorio cause thats a very good player that should be on the team, and I like to see Salas recover from his injury even if he needs to sit out for three to five months b/c he is truely a great player of the bench about that kid Felipe Caicedo I have not seen enough of his play.

We still have some time to experiment as you said I just hope leading to the World Cup there are games that the National team playes against great teams I truely feel that when Ecuador played Italy at Giant stadium it helped the players confidence especially Mora who made some unbelievable saves. I hope we can play against the likes of a England, France, Holland or even against Germany Vamos a Ganar
    ECUADOR!!!!!

4. regulator

regulator Member

Apr 25, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1. de la cruz is not slow. i don't know where that's coming from

2. midfield = our strongest point. so many options.

3. defense = good, but no real depth. after our starting 4, who are their replacements? guagua? reasco?

4. forwards = tin is great, but we need to start developing players for the next cycle. people mention kaviedes... i think he's done unless he re-examines himself or sees a psychiatrist. he has no discipline and needs to get serious; this game vs chile might be his last chance. borja didn't show much, i guess it's too early to tell. personally, i thought mina showed more explosiveness. he is also in great form with his club team. with this being said, i would want to see vs. chile:

kaviedes (since he already got called up, might as well give him playing time) with mina up top. borja off the bench.

i really feel mina will be our next big name forward, taking over for el tin.

5. Ladic

Ladic Member

Jul 19, 2005
    Guayaquil
    are you serious? so how come SAVIOLA beats him on headers?

6. ecuafutbolfreak

Jun 3, 2004
    Quito
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I can't believe I forgot Carlitos!! we gotta save this talent, he is way too good to be wasted in Qatar! ********, if i had the power, i'd make him play in Liga now, anywhere away from Qatar! There is still time, please, do the right thing.

Also, Soledispa is a good option. he is young and talented and I remember he played well in the few games he had on the NT.

I have to disagree on the part where you said DLC was slow! no way, and the opposing defenders just get outta his way, coz he's a train that can't be stopped! :D

Mina is good, I hope he will get a chance against Chile. Bright future for him!

7. afa10fef

afa10fef Member

Aug 13, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Borja's speed really impressed me. I can already tell hes got better control with his feet than tin, but head wise i doubt neone can match Delgado's control with his head. Mina as well, in the little time that he played he used his strength and speed to trouble the Uruguayan defense. Both impressed, and Mina to me also looks like el Tin's replacement.

8. ecuafutbolfreak

Jun 3, 2004
    Quito
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Mina also impressed me! glad to see him doing well, I been a fan of his for awhile. Suarez will use him against Chile, I also think he will go with Guagua, Cortez, Kaviedes, Reasco, and I also heard Ayovi and Tenorio are being rested, so gives chance to Castillo and Lucho. what you guys think of that?

9. Ciclon_Ecuatoriano

Ciclon_Ecuatoriano New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Toronto
    Mora is our number 1, simple it is to say!

as far as defence, some seem to think la sombra is unreliable. I disagree! The man is big and strong, and he will be needed to keep larger euro players at bay. He has some nice moves, like what he did to Dario Silva, I am sure anyone who saw the game knows what I mean. But Guagua chance to shile is against Chile. We will see what he is capable of in a big game. I am sure he will do fine, just I believe Sombra is the right man for the job for now.

10. Ladic

Ladic Member

Jul 19, 2005
    Guayaquil
    Porozo was also very strong remember? and do you remember how he bounced right back from Vieri in the Italy game?
    Espinoza has proven to be UNreliable time and again, even for his team LDU.

Alot of people ask for Urrutia, yeah he is a good player in LDU, but remember that Suarez has already called him up and had poor games, some players just don't adapt to that system.
    Still we have the likes of Soledispa, Castillo, Quiroz, Caicedo who play in that position and have done it very well.

Up front, I wouldn't touch Carlos Tenorio with a Ten foot pole, if you want another Tanque Hurtado in our team, then well he is your man, don't expect many goals.

11. Pingudo

Pingudo New Member

Nov 18, 2003
    Santa Cruz
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I think that if this level of commentary and analysis as exemplified on this thread continues, this forum is here to stay! This forum was badly needed.

12. Ciclon_Ecuatoriano

Ciclon_Ecuatoriano New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Toronto
    I am happy to see this. I am sure more Ecuadorians will fill the boards sooner then later!

13. MetroG

MetroG Member

Jun 30, 1999
    Newark, NJ, USA
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Listen I'm the first to say what a solid player ULDC has been in the Eliminatorias for us I guess I have just been so disappointed watching English Premier games where opposing plyers just run by him the fans see it and call him Useless de la Cruz the coach sees it and that's why he is third string on a not so good Villa team the truth hurts me but even his own teamates don't have confidence in him. It might be the language barrier or even racism who knows I just don't see him shine and play well as he does with the national team maybe some players are club players and others are National Team players I hope that's the case with ULDC.

In regards to Espinoza yes the man used to be clumsy and just an awful defender but he has evolved into our best defender behind Ivan Hurtado please do not compare him to Porozo that guy was garbage didn't even give an effort just stood and watched as the Italians moved the ball around us. In regards to Saviola and the Argentina game Saviola broke everyone in that game not just Espinoza as Ciclon_Ecuatoriano said "The man is big and strong, and he will be needed to keep larger euro players at bay"

Forwards I still think we should play Mina and Borja in International Friendlies but for the World Cup we need experience Delgado is for sure after that in my opinion the best fowards are Kaviedes, Salas (after he recovers from his injury) and C. Tenorio.

Ladic quick question who's in the back four and who's starting up front for Barcelona?

14. Ladic

Ladic Member

Jul 19, 2005
    Guayaquil

Yes, Porozo also looked as a reliable defender (and He was quite decent in his team Emelec) before the 2002 WC, and unforntunately we had to find out how truly awful he was in the most important time, the World Cup, Espinoza has never even been good on his team, what makes you think he will be any good with the likes of Owen, Raul, Van Nisltelroy, Schenvenko, etc?
    Espinoza is very much the Guerron of this team. and that is unfortunate. I just hope that before the WC, Guagua will have established as the Ideal pair for Ivan Hurtado, or some else for that matter.
    Rember, big and strong can only take us so far (Draskovic era), you also need talent, lots of it.

Regarding Barcelona:

Defense:
    Corozo.............Porozo/Caicedo........Escobar/George

Offense:
    ............Barijho...................Delgado....................

15. MetroG

MetroG Member

Jun 30, 1999
    Newark, NJ, USA
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Your so down on Espinoza you wouldn't take him over Porozo or Caicedo just forget he played for Liga let's just say he played in another league you wouldn't want him playing for Barcelona? And what about Carlos Tenorio you wouldn't want him instead of Barijho or Danny Vera?

16. Ladic

Ladic Member

Jul 19, 2005
    Guayaquil
    Lets get something Clear, I don't Want Espinoza on Barcelona or any other Team, that guys just puts futbol to shame (did you see the kick he gave the bolivian guy against the strongest in Quito? he almost snapped his leg in half), just Like I can't stand Porozo and Caicedo in my team. I hope they get rid of them by next season.

In regards to Carlos Tenorio, yeah, he is probably better than Vera, but I don't want Vera on the National Team either.

17. ecuafutbolfreak

Jun 3, 2004
    Quito
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Espinosa one his best day is solid defender and looks like he learned some tricks from Hurtado, did you see that move he put on Dario Silva? made him look foolish! Guagua is good too, but I trust Suarez, and there is still time for him to decide who he thinks is better for the team. but for now, I gotta say that Espinosa is better by a hair, and he is not such a dirty player as some say. look, he is going to be the only guy for us who played all 18 games, that's gotta say something about his sportsmanship and toughness. He's got my respect.

as for the fowards, I agree, we need Tin and Nine up front! their is still time, let's pray Ivan will find a team! anywhere except the middle east will do!

18. Ladic

Ladic Member

Jul 19, 2005
    Guayaquil
    Yeah, but I would also like to see him pull that move at sea level, were the other players aren't fatigued so easily.

From Watching a Local Ecuador game it is mistakenly easy to assume that we have good back, that our defense is strong. But remeber, most teams that come, almost always play entirely defensively.

Remember Paraguay that went all out on us in the first 30 minutes and did some serious damage, but then their air run out, and we just trampled them.

Es facil en Quito ver jugadores como Ambrossi o Espinoza que se pueden dar lujos para ir al ataque, ya que el equipo contrincante solo se preocupa de defender, pero cuando hemos ido de visita, cuantas veces vistes a Ambrossi descolgar? no lo puede hacer pero los otro se le vienen encima, es obvio, y al mismo tiempo que hicieron en defensa?
    Solo vean bien los videos del partidos y miren por donde recargan el ataque los contrarios, cual es nuestro lado que explotan.

Y es verdad que Espinoza ha jugado 18, pero y eso que? Guerron y Chala tambien eran regulares con el Bolillo, y sabemos que no pasaba nada con ellos.

19. ecuajhony

ecuajhony New Member

Jan 13, 2005
    Maryland-Laurel
    recuerda Ladic Dario Silva entro al final del 2 tiempo, estaba fresquito

pero igual no me gusta ni la sombra ni Ambrossi

20. ecuafutbolfreak

Jun 3, 2004
    Quito
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

well, everyone has bad games. to be fair, ambrossi played well against teams like santos of brasil, even in brasil, among other top teams. he is the best we have in that position. reasco is naturally a right sided player and he is a stud, but not a bigger one then DLC. Reasco is a good back up for DLC or can be used to help our offensive in the midfield.

Espinosa put that move on Dario Silva, just 5 minutes after he was a fresh sub. We can argue all day about this, but I won't be convinced their is a better man for the job, maybe Guagua. Like I said, their is still a lot of time for Suarez to make his decision. Renan Calle of Aucas, now that he is back from injury, may get a chance to show what he can do.

21. ecuafutbolfreak

Jun 3, 2004
    Quito
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    my point, thanks johny.

you are a logical dude, so I want to ask you, who do you think should be paired with Ivan Hurtado?

22. ecuajhony

ecuajhony New Member

Jan 13, 2005
    Maryland-Laurel
    did anybody see Renan Calle goal against Mexico in New Jersey

23. ecuajhony

ecuajhony New Member

Jan 13, 2005
    Maryland-Laurel
    Guagua is in my mind!!!!!!

24. Ladic

Ladic Member

Jul 19, 2005
    Guayaquil
    Remember that Reascos played many years on the Left, when De La Cruz was still in Liga. I'd take him on that side any day over Ambrossi. He is stronger marking which is something I'd rather have in the WC.

There is also Jose Valencia that plays in Netherlands, that unfotunately keeps getting ignored, it would of been nice to see him play in the Chile game, to see what and if he can bring anything to the National Team.

Renan Calle doesn't convince me fully either, maybe as a sub, he hasn't been all that great when he's played in the Tri, but I guess there isn't much to chose from either.

I'll stick by Guagua, he plays good for El Nacional, and has been in good shape playing for la Tri.

25. ecuafutbolfreak

Jun 3, 2004
    Quito
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    heard it was a golazo, I missed it by like a second when they were showing the highlights of that sportsshow on fox sports! dammit, i wish i saw! my father told me it was a super golazo!

Guagua too.. everyone likes him! we all can't be wrong. I am glad he is getting a chance here vs. Chile. Let's see what he can do in a big game. I know he scored the winner vs. Costa Rica in Costa Rica, which was pretty impressive.