Bueller? Bueller? Bueller? - LFC Transfer Thread - SUMMER 2023

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Suss, Feb 1, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Suss

Suss Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    You stole my choices.

2. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I'd keep Thiago around for another year. apart from what he can deliver in games (used sparingly of course to maintain availability) -- for his influence / mentoring of Baj.

B.A. repped this.
  3. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I find it almost impossible to get interested in either of them.

CB-West repped this.
  4. Suss

Suss Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I really don’t get the links to Mason Mount, especially if we plan to sign Bellingham. Mount fits in the same category as Elliott and Carvalho. Can’t play as a 6 or an 8 in a Klopp midfield. Not enough pace to play in a Klopp forward line. He is essentially a number 10.

Now I think Bellingham will essentially be 10 as well. But I think it makes sense to change the way we play to accommodate a special talent like Jude. Mount? Not so much. Also don’t see how Bellingham and Mount fit into the same team.

If we are signing Bellingham, the other midfielders we sign need to be players to set a platform for Bellingham. Players who can do the job that Fabinho and Henderson no longer can do.

5. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Jude + Mac A + Baj .... with Hendo and Fab to spell them ,,,,,,works for me

LiverpoolFanatic and CB-West repped this.
  6. Suss

Suss Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I would sell Fabinho and sign one more.

7. Suss

Suss Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I think Rice is more the type of player we need. But I’d be happy to let United or Chelsea spend over 100 million on him. The Liverpool of old would find an even better player for 35-40 million.

LiverpoolFanatic and CB-West repped this.
  8. CB-West

CB-West Member+

Sep 20, 2013
    NorCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Yeah - I agree with most of the responses here - let's pass on both, and find someone better :D
    - anyone in the Academy that might be groomed for the Wijnaldum/Fabinho role? :unsure:

9. CB-West

CB-West Member+

Sep 20, 2013
    NorCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I like this...works for me too! :thumbsup:

10. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    If I had to choose -Rice .

Wingtips1 and LiverpoolFanatic repped this.
  11. oikos

oikos Member+

Feb 3, 2010
    Glastonbury, CT
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That trio would have a lot of talent on the ball. Would still like to pick up another 6 (holding midfielder) to give us versatility in case of injuries or just rotation.

12. Samarkand

Samarkand Member+

May 28, 2001
    A lot of press saying Firmino is on his way out.

13. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Very sad as he's my favorite player - but totally ok with this as we need to not be sentimental and keep rewarding older players with contracts.

Wingtips1 and Suss repped this.
  14. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Liverpool are reportedly growing in confidence in their ability to sign Mason Mount.

The Chelsea midfielder continues to be linked with a move to the Reds this summer, as contract talks at Stamford Bridge appear to have stalled.

According to Talksport, Liverpool are “increasingly confident” they will be able to prise Mount away from Chelsea this summer.

Mount’s current deal is set to run out in 2024, and there is speculation that Chelsea could be forced to sell the player this summer in order to avoid losing him on a free transfer.

15. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    the squad needs a rebuild and there is no way Bobby could have stayed with us.

kudos to Bobby and his agent etc for handling this in a classy manner.

always a legend.

16. Suss

Suss Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Does Bobby leaving mean we need another forward?

It leaves us with 5 forwards in Darwin, Salah, Diaz, Jota, and Gakpo. Then beyond that we have Elliott and Carvalho who can be played as forwards. Then there is Doak and Kaide Gordon who will be looking to force their way into the first team picture.

I think another forward wouldn’t hurt, but midfield and centerback remain the priority.

LiverpoolFanatic, delaynomo and bayred repped this.
  17. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We need a right sided forward for sure

18. Suss

Suss Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I guess. But as long as Mo Salah continues to play every game it would be hard to convince a right winger to join Liverpool.

A lot of people claim right wing is Harvey Elliott’s best position. I’m not sure what his best position is. While it’s not ideal: Jota, Diaz, and Gakpo can all play there. Could there also be a plan for Trent to play there? Right wing is also the position that Doak and Kaide Gordon play and we wouldn’t want to block their path to the first team.

LiverpoolFanatic repped this.
  19. LiverpoolFanatic

Liverpool FC, Philadelphia Union
    Feb 19, 2000
    Lancaster, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There have been rumblings already that Mo may ask to leave if we miss out on the Champion's League next season.

20. Suss

Suss Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    But then his agent came out and said that those rumblings were false.

21. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    if this guy is effing about, he'd better stay away from Anfield for a long time ...
    Fqev_PwWYAMFA50.jpg

imasyko repped this.
  22. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    #122 Wingtips1, Mar 6, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2023
    Before the Nunez and Gakpo signings, I could understand the push for Dembele as it would move Mo into the middle full-time.
    And Klopp's long-time love affair with Marco Asensio makes sense as has played off the right for real and can play in a midfield 3.
    But with so many left sided and central options, bringing Doak and Gordon through makes so much sense. We can throw Harvey out there in a pinch, or use those 7 or 8 cup games to get one of the two youngsters some minutes in the first team next season.

23. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I'd love to see Rice join us, but the English premium in his case is just too high. Think it would be transformative for his career just like the move has been for Henderson.

If we sign Bellingham, I can see us just going after one more midfielder - the links to both Thuram and Kone make a lot of sense given their athleticism. So does the MacAllister link - similar in profile to a Gini, has the ability to be so much more than he shows but is willing to graft for the team.

If we can't get the Bellingham deal done I think we make a big push to sign 3 in CM - one of Mount or Barella makes sense, and two of Thuram/Kone/MacAllister.

The links to N'Dicka are growing and make sense as he plays as a left-sided CB and has played with Konate throughout their youth.

It seems like we're very obviously trying to find solutions to our very well-known problems at the moment and that's a very good thing.

soccershaggy repped this.
  24. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    LiverpoolFanatic and newterp repped this.
  25. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC