Buckeye American Football Fans in London?

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by LondonBuck, Sep 5, 2002.

1. LondonBuck

LondonBuck New Member

Sep 5, 2002
    London, England
    Hi,

I'll admit that I'm using this board to see if there are any Ohio State Buckeye American football fans living in London. If so, let me know so that we can try to find somewhere that will show the Washington game next Saturday.

It would be nice to meet fellow Buckeyes living abroad.

Thanks.

--LondonBuck

2. metroflip73

metroflip73 Member

Mar 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    John Cooper is the greatest coach ever.

Up until he plays Michigan...

3. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    agreed...

michigan and bowl games.

hence he got the boot.

londonbuck, try http://www.go-bucks.com and their message board. lots of osu pointy ball fans, you might wanna check there.

4. gnk

gnk Member+

Nov 1, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can a non-moderator close a thread?

5. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    nope

6. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    WE ARE....PENN STATE :)

7. gnk

gnk Member+

Nov 1, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My question was rhetorical.

More importantly: are you serious about the law suit threat? Can you elaborate? Or, are your attorneys advising against any public statements?

8. Warzycha

Warzycha Member

Apr 22, 2002
    Denver, CO
    God Bless all Buckeye fans, both Domestic and abroad. Jim Rome (a favorite on this site) just went on a tirade about the latest Buckeye to get arrested. Don't worry though, Tressel will have the troops ready to go! How good will life be in Columbus the next two weeks, We have OSU vs Kent St on Saturday, USA Women's Nat'l Team vs Scottland at Crew Stadium on Sunday, Crew vs KC in LHUSOC on Tuesday at Crew Stad, OSU vs Washington St. and Crew vs the Fire Next Saturday! Have some fish and chips and I hope you get to see the game! Go Bucks! Go Crew!

9. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    yea, totally serious. the guy who hosts my clips got an e-mail from the german media company that owns all rights to the 2002 world cup (koch media)and said that if they were not removed at once (and they gave this past monday as the deadline) they would proceed with a lawsuit against him and myself for copyright infringement...

10. gnk

gnk Member+

Nov 1, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Damn, that sucks! Was there any other "advertising" for the site other than your tag-line on BS? HOw did Koch find out about the site?

11. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    nope, only on the site here. so either somebody told them or they had somebody there searching for people hosting the world cup clips on soccer message boards including bigsoccer.com

the thing is, we could still host the friendly and wcq'ing goals (not owned by koch) but the guy who was hosting the clips didnt wanna take a chance and get busted either way, which i dont blame him.

for friendlies and matches in the future i will host the goals for a week or so on my own web site so people can see them and download them, then remove them.

12. gnk

gnk Member+

Nov 1, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good! I know I checked out the site at least 3 or 4 times. Keep it up.

13. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Stupid question: Sockpuppet right? Otherwise, how did you know to post this here?

14. Warzycha

Warzycha Member

Apr 22, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Where did all this copyright talk come from on thsi thread?

15. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    regarding the site i used to have in my sig with all the us national team goal clips on it from the past year or so of matches in the world cup qualifiers, gold cup, friendlies, and world cup...

16. terrywilson

terrywilson Member

May 3, 1999
    Atlanta Ga.
    Hey somebody help the fellow out here. When I was a yank abroad living in Moron de la Frontera Spain serving the good old USA. I couldn't wait for my parents to send me videotapes of American TV shows and games on TV. The Bucks clobbering Syracuse were one of the tapes they sent. These meant alot to me as they gave me a connection to the friends and family back home. If you don't get a reply I'll tape it and mail it to you.

17. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    i have been.

i have posted on some of the popular ohio state message boards and have gotten no responses so far...but i have found closet soccer fans in the pointy ball message boards which i thought was kinda funny.

18. Mason16

Mason16 Member

Apr 11, 2001
    South Florida
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OT - Does this board have moderators?

19. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Yes it does have moderators, but I figure what's the harm in letting this run briefly? If he tries to bump it up it may be worth closing, but I figure message boards should help connect people -- even if this is out of bounds for this forum. If you want it to die, you can help by not posting in the thread.

Thanks.

20. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    yea dark knight & buff

21. Dynamo73

Dynamo73 New Member

Aug 22, 2002
    Cleveland
    Okay, before this thread dies, I'll help a brother out. I was in London during Ohio St. season last year and was unable to find the games on TV. The best I could do was radio-internet broadcast. Try www.1460thefan.com -- that's the flagship of the Buckeye Radio Network. They have a "listen live" icon you can click to hear the game. If that site gets overloaded, go to www.go-bucks.com. It has a list of all the other stations in the Network, and sometimes the smaller stations' sites are easier to get onto.

Now, back to REAL football . . .

22. Mason16

Mason16 Member

Apr 11, 2001
    South Florida
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    dark knight, I appreciate the work that you and the other mods do here but this is plainly inappropriate and should be moved to the Free For All forum.

23. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    What game my Rutgers vs Ohio State

But not in football, we rather have a Soccer game.

24. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    dear mason,

the reason it is here is that there is more of a chance that someone in europe might be checking these boards as opposed to FFA which is a board some never venture on to...and that is why he is leaving it along for now.

but keep complaining and posting and you will keep seeing the thread at the top of the forum much to you disliking...

25. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Thanks Fidlerre.

Mason - I agree that it clearly doesn't belong. Since you're complaining and since some people have given him some leads, I'll move this thread to other sports tonight. Part of the reason I haven't done anything is because I guess I feel empathy for someone who is fanatical about a sport and surrounded by people who could care less. I'm not much of a football fan (go Horns) but, how about a little charity for our fellow bigsoccer poster/closet pointy ball fan?