BTR Night: KC vs. SJ 9/20 Pregame thread [R]

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by BenC1357, Sep 17, 2003.

1. Lionheartjf

Lionheartjf Member

May 31, 2003
    St. Louis
    Now the in game thread?

the game has started all I see are empty seats on the far sideline...if you want it to look full, you have to have butts in those seats.

We need to play well and bring people back - nothing brings out KC fans like a winning team.

Keep up the noise guys!

2. Lionheartjf

Lionheartjf Member

May 31, 2003
    St. Louis
    can someone, ANYONE, tell me what the hell Diego was doing on Donovan's goal? Absolutely pathetic defending...

and then a yellow for Quill - why is he on the field?

3. Lionheartjf

Lionheartjf Member

May 31, 2003
    St. Louis
    it's never a good sign when the announcers for the other team say that "they should be able to dominate him." They're referring to Diego and his inability to get to the ball in the air, not the worthless attempt to tackle Donovan before he scored.

4. Lionheartjf

Lionheartjf Member

May 31, 2003
    St. Louis
    wow, I know Landon Donovan is good but is Diego that bad? I thought players learned when they were 12 not to dive in. Diego committed and missed badly on 2 of Donovan's goals.

Getting clobbered at home will do little to bring fans back who had their first experience with the Wizards tonight.

5. voros

voros Member

Jun 7, 2002
    Parts Unknown
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Overheard in the stands:

"This Landon Donovan guy is good. Does he play here every week?"

"No."

"Oh, too bad..."

6. Carey

Carey New Member

Sep 29, 2002
    KC
    The only thing that sucked more than those SJ announcers were the Wizards. And the SJ announcers were pretty terrible.

I think the one guy is trying to look and sound like Shadoe Stevens.

7. chinaglia

chinaglia Member

Jan 25, 1999
    Florence, SC USA
    Club:
    Motherwell FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, were you guys happy with the attendance? How was the atmosphere? Sorry about the result.

8. Spoon

Spoon Member

Feb 25, 1999
    Overland Park Ks
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was cheesing to see people in the upper deck. So yes I was happy with the numbers but who wouldn't be?

To bad the 20000 curse struck again. As well that those people giving the Wizards another chance won't be coming back.

Atmosphere sucked with all crappy play from the team in blue. The roar for the Arnaud goal was nice other than that, it was crap. The Front office thought the in-game music was going to fire up the crowd, but as you and I know it didn't.