BSMX's Official Mexican National Team Random Thoughts Thread vol. II

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by DGreat, Feb 17, 2014.

1. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
    Esto.

LGRod repped this.
  2. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
    I would buy tickets for this molero.

LGRod repped this.
  3. Overachiever

Overachiever Member+

Nov 18, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    whats up with this stupid leage of nations crap? what a waste of time, we got to try our younger untested players in these games

4. Regulus Tera

Regulus Tera Member+

None
    Mexico
    Sep 10, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I don't know how one looks at this Gold Cup as a whole and comes away with the conclusion that we should keep tinkering around with the team instead of consolidating a starting XI with the best material we have.

JJV1994, LGRod, Ositoyaqui and 2 others repped this.
  5. Overachiever

Overachiever Member+

Nov 18, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    We going to exhaust our starting xl if we play too many games then they are used to, at least alittle

6. Overachiever

Overachiever Member+

Nov 18, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    We need to get back to the Copa America asap

Kaney, Don Boppero 3000, Majin and 7 others repped this.
  7. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    Gio setting the record straight.

Understandable that fans would be disappointed with his move to the Galaxy, especially after it seemed he was rising to his potential at Villarreal but I've always maintained that those sorts of decisions are personal, I mean...the kid left Mexico when he was 12 years old in pursuit of a dream.

It's also good to finally have some sort of confirmation on his decline, which if we're honest, was rather steep. Seems like it was injury related and even though there is no guarantee he will return to what he once was, it certainly gives a ton of context and an opportunity for certain fans to reflect.

I always thought it was weird that people kept pushing the "party boy" angle when, aside from the Christmas incident at Tottenham in 2008, he has never shown signs of lacking discipline or commitment.

I've said it a thousand times before but it bears repeating, if Roy f*ckin Keane praises your work ethic when he's your manager, I'm not entirely sure why anyone would want to dispute that. Even Bruce Arena came to his defense when asked about discipline or work ethic issues.

TrDm1n3r, JJV1994, ShockMaster and 13 others repped this.
  8. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Martin del Palacio, who along with various of the top Mexican reporters has been in Gio's camp, has said that he went and did party too hard although the Tottenham thing has been pushed too much. And he lives in Barcelona and knows whats up. I also think his move to the LA Galaxy was a bad one and you can't be all about commitment and do such a backward move. It's alright if it's your life and you can be all about the money if you want but you have to own that. It's like a couple of people getting mad about Zlatan saying he's better than Vela when he's absolutely right. If Vela doesn´t like football and was to be all about the NBA; his family and money, it's his life but he then can come and have people say he's better than Zlatan when or as committed when he went to this retirement league to play in front of guys who name their supporters group out of a section of a stadium.

That being said the Mexican press has been awful and the fans might be worst. The big myth is how never did anything at club level when he always produced everywhere but in Tottenham. If he gets to close to his level he will be one of the top, if not the top player in Mexico and people here are acting as if he was Freddy Adu.It's beyond pathetic and just shows how stupid some are. He's an historic player for Mexican football and hopefully people recognize it someday.

JJV1994, DGreat, DankYummy and 3 others repped this.
  9. Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry Member+

Mexico
    Jun 12, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund

DaTruth repped this.
  10. DGreat

DGreat Moderator
    Staff Member

CD Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Oct 5, 2007
    El Ombligo
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I'm not against what Zlatan said, what I'm against is the hot take bits the Mexican media are doing. They are baiting for hot takes, unless I'm wrong Carlos Vela never claimed to be better than Zlatan.

But I agree about gio

Paco', JJV1994, LGRod and 1 other person repped this.
  11. Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry Member+

Mexico
    Jun 12, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
  12. hausen

hausen Member+

Jun 18, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Is anyone else slightly getting an optimistic feel for the future?

We have good young players in Europe. By the next world cup they’ll be tuned up (I hope).

Piedraias repped this.
  13. Na.
    Siempre la misma, R16.

No hay pedo, de todos modos voy a ir a Catar

14. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    47864445-24E0-43B1-99C9-F3E6470E1601.jpeg

Group of players Tata called up for training camp

I like it for the most part. Lots of young talent there

Neymadres, JRB92 and Piedraias repped this.
  15. Salmos

Salmos Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    When's the last time we did a training camp like this? I don't remember Osorio doing one.

Piedraias repped this.
  16. LaMascara

LaMascara Member+

Apr 11, 2013
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Dude Pizzuto made it! Funny how he hasn't played with us but gets called by martino

Salmos repped this.
  17. JRB92

JRB92 Member+

Sep 23, 2009
    Guessing this is more or less the team we'll be seeing in the Nations League? Could definitely see someone like Efrain Alvarez getting a call up soon.

Not a bad list but good god stop trying to make Yrizar happen.

DankYummy, Philip J. Fry and LaMascara repped this.
  18. Salmos

Salmos Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Mexico has two friendlies next month. If no euros are called, this camp is just a way to fill the gap for those friendlies and I guess possibly the Nations League. I was under the impression they'd take the latter more seriously.

19. Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry Member+

Mexico
    Jun 12, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Maybe they'll replace him with Macías.

20. Philip J. Fry

Philip J. Fry Member+

Mexico
    Jun 12, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund

21. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    :thumbsdown:

Romario'sgurl repped this.
  22. Salmos

Salmos Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Berkeley, CA
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    What is he again? Like a defensive mid?

23. GrandeSoccer

GrandeSoccer Member+

Jun 20, 2010
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    it's not always a guarantee we'll play good teams on fifa dates let alone non-fifa dates like this one or in january

Philip J. Fry repped this.
  24. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    That call up list has U23 team all over it (eventhough a couple aren't eligible and Pizzuto will be with the U17 team). CONCACAF hasn't made it official but I've read the Olympic qualifiers will be in October, which means that there is no way they will be playing in the Nations League.

JRB92 and Salmos repped this.
  25. LaMascara

LaMascara Member+

Apr 11, 2013
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Yea