BS Mods time for a change.

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by PassItOn, Nov 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PassItOn

PassItOn New Member

Dec 29, 2004
    NJ
    Some of these mod's don't post here, and use other sites.

Why are they still mod's here? They know who they are.

If they aren't 100% behind BS, they should be removed.

2. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    People can post anywhere they want. I personally only post here but if I ever feel the need to post elsewhere I can because none of us are getting paid or signed any "loyalty contracts". From the added mods we got months ago you can see the trash here at an all time low so I don't see any problems Mod wise.

3. PassItOn

PassItOn New Member

Dec 29, 2004
    NJ
    Then obviously this post doesn't concern you.

4. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    I'm guessing that what PIO is saying regarding mods must be in the FC Porto and SL Benfica sub-fora which I don't visit more than once in a blue moon. The Sporting and NT/NSR's which are my primary posting targets seemed to be working fine.

5. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Hey Passiton, who are you talking about? ;)

Like Good Dead said, any poster can post on any forum, being a Big Soccer moderator doesn't mean that you are tied down to one forum. I'm a moderator at 3 other Forums and they have no issues with any mods posting on other forums.

Now, this is just a personal feeling. Ever since you weren't selected to be the Sporting Forum mod, you have shown some hostility to the other Portuguese Forum BS Mods. Seriously, if you don't like the way things are here at BS, just go to another forum.

The portuguese forum used to be a dump in terms of bad posters but things have cleaned up to the points where there is barely any incidents in the Portuguese forums.

6. PassItOn

PassItOn New Member

Dec 29, 2004
    NJ
    You gotta be kidding me.

The only problem I have is that hardly anyone posts here, and we have more Mods, then posters.

BTW I have no issue with you posting on other forums, just don't forget your a mod here.
    Come around once in a while, and not only when your rivals lose.

7. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    My Posts 4,162 (3.86 posts per day)

Your posts 4,731 (4.51 posts per day)

Not a huge difference so I'm still in the game. Like I said, there is not much on the Porto forum to moderate lately.

8. PassItOn

PassItOn New Member

Dec 29, 2004
    NJ
    Damn, that's way to many I need to cut down.
    I'm glad you checked, because I never do or care, and I never even check who the F gave me negative or positive reps.

9. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    At the end of the day, everyone is free to make use of any web forum, whether they are a moderator or not. Like GD said, no-one ever signed a waiver of exclusivity to post only at Big Soccer or whatever other site. I post mostly here because there are other Sportinguistas to talk to, and I rarely venture off to the other forums here because I don't have any emotional attachment to anything else. It would be nice to have more people posting here more often, but I can think of a million other things that prevents people from posting regularly.

Having said all of that, I am going to close this thread as, IMHO, there is no need for any change here in the Big Soccer Portugal forum.

Força Sporting