BS Cup IX

Discussion in 'Hattrick' started by Buzz Killington, Aug 23, 2006.

1. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As teams are starting to fall out of the cup and while it looks like more are looking to drop out next week, I'll start this.

Welcome to the rules, signup, and discussion thread for the 8th annual bigsoccer.com cup. As one of your (self-appointed) members of the Holy Trinity of the BS Cup (with Helghallen and ur_land), I am happy to announce the format for this year's cup.

We will do the same format as last season again, this could change if demand is not great enough, but as of right now, we will start with two tournaments.

1. BS March Madness Early

This half of the tournament will be open to all BS.com teams, and will consist of a single elimination tournament with the brackets formed in a random fashion. All games will be played cup-rules at a neutral location of the team's choosing. This format allows participation in the cup, but should be shorter than a group-based format, allowing for flag chasing or other pursuits.

2. BS "I got next" Cup

This will be a traditional, group based cup that is open only to teams that are in the bottom two divisions in their nation (in the USA, this is D.V and D.VI). There will be four or more groups, depending on the number of signups, and the top 8 finishers from the groups will advance to the knockout stages.
    Wins will be worth 3 points, pk losses (i.e., ties after 90 minutes) worth 1 point, losses worth 0 points. Points will be used to reseed teams for the purposes of the knockout bracket. The knockout bracket matches will be 1 leg neutral ground.

In the case of ties within a group, the tiebreakers will be (in order) head to head, goal differential, goals scored, fewest disciplinary points, and average home attendance. In the unlikely event that there is still a tie, then it will be settled by the largest bribe to the tournament administrator.

***Rules Common to Both Cups

1. DEADLINE FOR SIGNUPS: September 13, 2006 (three weeks from today, same day as cup round 5)

2. FIRST BS.COM CUP MATCH: September 20, 2006 (four weeks from today, same day as cup round 6).

3. All games will be played under cup rules.

4. To signup: post in this thread your a) team name, b) team series and c) which cup you want to enter

6. Since this is a friendly/ reserve cup, your starting lineup should be mostly reserve players. Only 4 players from your starters in the previous league match will be allowed to play in their league positions in IGN games. For the MM, the limit is 3 since these teams are more well established. If you have 17 or fewer players you will be allowed to add additional starters to be able to field a full team, but you will be ridiculed and told to go buy a cheap $1000 28-year old passable IM. This is the dcuntied memorial rule. Starters can be named as subs. If you play more than the appropriate amount of starters, one goal will be deducted from your score for each starter that you go over by. For example, play two extra starters, get deducted 2 goals.

7.If you accidentally schedule a friendly other than your BS.com match for the week, you will lose by a walk-over score of 5-0.

8. If a team has not accepted your challenge for a BS Cup match by the Monday before the match, post it in this thread and a member of the trinity will check on it and award the walkover. Don't always just schedule the friendly and hope he accepts, if he hasn't accepted by Saturday, send him/her an ht-mail to remind them.

9. the BS.com Holy Trinity may add rules (in a fair manner, or bribery) as the need warrents it. All trinity decisions are final (but we're not really that heavy-handed, as past participants can attest to).

If you have any questions, PM me, Helghallen, ur_land, or post them to this thread.

2. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll start

Raytown Rangers 82
    v.141
    MM

back for another round. One of only 2 teams to compete in everyone up to this point. :)

3. romagol10

romagol10 Member

Jul 23, 2003
    CO
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who else is out of the cup this early? I think my cup performance this year shows that I'm clearly not yet ready for MM so sign me up for IGN again.

AS Alcohol
    V.20
    IGN

4. revsfan21

revsfan21 New Member

May 20, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Springfield Isotopes of Boston
    V.210
    IGN

5. NoodlesMacintosh

NoodlesMacintosh New Member

Aug 24, 2004
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Meteor AC
    VI.358
    IGN

6. Ikari

Ikari Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Henderson United
    V.129
    IGN (I'm going to win this damn thing come hell or high water!)

7. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

The more I think about it, the more I think about dropping into IGN this season, I'm kinda wanting to be lazier with finding my friendlies. Right now I'm staying in the MM but may drop.

8. BattalionFC

BattalionFC New Member

Jan 9, 2006
    Sounds Good

Battalion FC
    V.40 (Canada)
    IGN

9. Mr Fish

Mr Fish Member

Feb 2, 1999
    W. Orange <-> NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Sounds Good

Flying Fish FC
    v.256
    MM

10. WestLooper

WestLooper Member

Apr 17, 2005
    ramblers_fc
    iv.57
    MM

p.s. can we please adjust the 28yo passable IM for the current deflation of the transfer market. i imagine you could get a 28yo excellent for $1000 these days. :D

11. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It shall be taken under advisement. ;)

12. jjb13

jjb13 New Member

Jul 30, 2006
    Fresh Meat:

Ballwin Breakers
    VI.175
    IGN

13. YankHibee

YankHibee Member+

Mar 28, 2005
    indianapolis
    GBsHibs
    VI.348
    IGN

14. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

So I am gonna drop to IGN I think, but if we need numbers in MM I'll move back up.

Raytown Rangers 82
    v.141
    IGN

15. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Scouser Tommies
    iv.28
    MM

16. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    defending MM champs are back!...tho I may still be in the real cup ;)

riverhawks
    v.52

17. Qamle

Qamle Member

May 2, 2004
    San Diego
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    MM

Wave United
    v.140

18. Dynamo Salem

Dynamo Salem New Member

Nov 25, 2003
    Salem, OR
    Dynamo Salem
    V.152

IGN

19. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. YankeeHoo

YankeeHoo New Member

Aug 10, 2004
    NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    looks like there's some good comp in the ign, gives me good reason to defend my crown

Nassau PAL Wahoos (71341)
    v.229
    IGN

21. CrewDust

CrewDust Member

May 6, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Columbus North End
    V.120
    MM

22. Twenty26Six

Twenty26Six Feeling Sheepish...

Jan 2, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Depew Village FC
    V.543
    IGN

23. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ign - 11
    Mm - 6

24. camilop

camilop New Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Gainesville, Miami
    Well I've just just started playing this game, but i'm eager to get into it, so why not join this tournament :)

Deportivo Payan
    VI.373
    IGN

25. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    12 - Ign