The Life of Bryan: Reynolds at Westerlo

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by EXALIFTIN, Nov 25, 2020.

1. dougtee

dougtee Member+

Feb 7, 2007
    with reynolds i think you need to think about someone like dest. this is as much about finding people who can go into a new environment and accelerate their development curve.

2. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BVB would be a great landing spot for him. They really need a RB. They could also use his speed in a 3-man CB backline.

3. felloveranddidanadu

Plymouth Argyle FC
    Dec 12, 2009
    Club:
    San Jose Frogs
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yea, I was excited to watch him go against Morris, who's obviously a good MLS player and has show even at an international level to be effective and a quick, powerful runner.

He skinned Reynolds a few times, which was...less than ideal. To Reynolds' credit though, he definitely seemed to get stronger as the game wore on and his last 30' were better than the prior 60'. But he took some bad angles on d and was too slow to move the ball going forward at times. If he can smooth those out, he'll justifiably be turning out for a big team. Pretty crazy he's so new to the position. Will be really interesting to see how his and Cannon's careers compare.

We're honestly still waiting for an A+ level athlete to emerge for us/the USMNT, but he's out there somewhere.

4. TarHeels17

TarHeels17 Member+

Jan 10, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A nice loan to Parma/Genoa/Udinese/Bologna would be great. Boy would I not mind being quarantined in any of those places.

5. felloveranddidanadu

Plymouth Argyle FC
    Dec 12, 2009
    Club:
    San Jose Frogs
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Give me Palermo pls

6. ChambersWI

ChambersWI Member+

Nov 10, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Not sure if serious or not but they had a bankruptcy issue and are currently in Serie C

7. felloveranddidanadu

Plymouth Argyle FC
    Dec 12, 2009
    Club:
    San Jose Frogs
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow, hadn't realized how far they'd fallen; knew they'd been relegated but thought they were a likely yo-yo case. Too bad because Palermo and Sicily are one of the best places on this sweet Earth. Corrupt as a matter of course, yes, but also just flat out wonderful.

8. ielag

ielag Member+

Jul 20, 2010
    On the 3rd Degree podcast yesterday, the ever reliable Buzz Carrick mentioned that there's clubs at the Juve level that have now shown interest once the Juve rumors broke and he expects a deal to be done somewhere in the next couple weeks.

Also mentioned that Tessmann will move to Europe in the January 2022 window.

TarHeels17 and largegarlic repped this.
  9. Brotheryoungbuck

Jan 24, 2015
    parts unknown
    I listened to that this morning actually. everbody else should consider listening too: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/3rd-degree-the-podcast/id1440028979?i=1000501277428

Supporting indie / smaller US Soccer related media is an important step of growing the game in this country. Everybody can do their part by subscribing and rating the show 5 stars.

Agent_Orange, ielag, Dirt McGirt and 2 others repped this.
  10. dougtee

dougtee Member+

Feb 7, 2007
    its honestly a really enjoyable listen. the guys have great rapport

Brotheryoungbuck repped this.
  11. EXALIFTIN

EXALIFTIN Member+

Nov 23, 2010
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

WheezingUSASupport repped this.
  12. KALM

KALM Member+

Oct 6, 2006
    Boston/Providence
    "City Football Group has inquired, though it is unclear for what specific club" is an amusing sentence.

For reference, these are the men's City Football Group clubs:

Manchester City (EPL)
    NYCFC (MLS)
    Melbourne City FC (A League)
    Yokohama F. Marinos (J League)
    Montevideo City Torque (Uruguay)
    Girona FC (Spanish Segunda)
    Sichuan Jiuniu FC (China League Two)
    Mumbai City FC (Indian Super League)
    Lommel SK (Belgian lower tier)
    Troyes AC (Ligue 2)

WheezingUSASupport and EXALIFTIN repped this.
  13. ChambersWI

ChambersWI Member+

Nov 10, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    City would likely loan him out for a year or two but RB had been a bit of a weakness the last 2 years for them.

Anderlecht while not at the level it was when Kleisjtan was there is a good place to get eyes on you in Europe. Strasbourg is likely getting relegated

14. Ghost

Ghost Member+

Sep 5, 2001
    I would not go to Man City.

15. Ghost

Ghost Member+

Sep 5, 2001
    You know what would be better? Being with a team that wants you and not having your career stalled based on ManCity's whim.

16. eliwood

eliwood Member+

Jul 25, 2016
    yea but the wages you get from City are unlikely to get met

17. WheezingUSASupport

Dortmund
    United States
    Aug 28, 2017
    Anderchelt seems like the only decent one, but not all that great. Hoping there’s other teams showing interest before the end of the window.

18. DirectK

DirectK Member

United States
    Jun 27, 2018
  19. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do we have a proper bidding war going on here?

felloveranddidanadu repped this.
  20. TarHeels17

TarHeels17 Member+

Jan 10, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sure, I was more referring to if Juve bought him, but the points probably the same. I just don't know if any clubs can afford him that actually want to use him. I think it'd have to be a team like Marseille or Leverkusen or somewhere around that level, and there haven't been any rumors like that.

dougtee and USSoccerNova repped this.
  21. charlie kennan

charlie kennan Red Card

Feb 23, 2020
    buzz won’t say the club names but juve, anderlecht, & strasbourg are the 3 clubs that put bids (surprise surprise)

22. DirectK

DirectK Member

United States
    Jun 27, 2018
    Anderlecht just signed their starting RB to a new contract that runs until 2025, so... maybe not the best option for Brian?

23. ielag

ielag Member+

Jul 20, 2010

24. kruck

kruck Member+

Jan 12, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    #74 kruck, Dec 11, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2020
    Cool. I would think it would be tough with the foreign player restrictions but what do I know.

yurch10 repped this.
  25. felloveranddidanadu

Plymouth Argyle FC
    Dec 12, 2009
    Club:
    San Jose Frogs
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For a guy that needs to improve on the tactical and defending parts of the game, this would be :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

yurch10 repped this.