Bruno Fernandes : Premier League

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by prodigal_mind, Jan 11, 2020.

1. HandofAbel

HandofAbel Member

Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jun 19, 2017
    eu estou aqui
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    It was another marvellous performance. He has been MOTM in at least 75% of his matches with United, if not more. United has also accumulated more pts in the Prem than any other team since Bruno suited up for them, and are undefeated since the signing.

SCP21 repped this.
  2. Joe Martelo

Joe Martelo Red Card

CDC Montalegre
    Portugal
    Sep 30, 2019
    Impressive . Don’t know why some posters insist on putting him down. Makes me want to break something.

3. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Not as "impressive" Felix's 0 goals yesterday....

4. ScpBoy77

ScpBoy77 Member

SCP
    Portugal
    Sep 20, 2018
    I think it's premature to say Felix is a bust. The dude is still young and will eventually improve if he keeps his head straight. But for some to say he's better than Fernandes is outrageous. Dude is killing Premier league since day 1.

I haven't seen any chop league player make this much impact early since probably Ronaldo.

5. HandofAbel

HandofAbel Member

Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jun 19, 2017
    eu estou aqui
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    The thing is, Bruno doing what he’s doing at Man U at 25 years old isn’t a fair comparison to what Felix is (or isn’t) doing at Atletico at 20 years. Don’t forget, Bruno left Portugal for a bigger league himself at a younger age, and it didn’t exactly work out for him then as well.

This is why I always have mixed feelings when I see Portuguese talent move to a big situation so young. On the one hand, I love the fact that no scout wants to miss the next Portuguese super talent, because they know what we can produce. I love the fact that Portuguese players have much more value, real or perceived than they did years ago, but most of the time, these guys at 19,20,21 years old etc just aren’t ready yet. Their development ends up being compromised most of the time.

JoseEmidio and verde-rubro repped this.
  6. HandofAbel

HandofAbel Member

Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jun 19, 2017
    eu estou aqui
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Another game, another man of the match performance.

AlexJones19 repped this.
  7. Joe Martelo

Joe Martelo Red Card

CDC Montalegre
    Portugal
    Sep 30, 2019
    Most coaches at big clubs are under too much pressure to guarantee immediate results, if young players don’t hit the ground running they can become neglected.

8. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  9. Sumol

Sumol Member+

Portugal
    Oct 12, 2011
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Bruno Fernandes is carrying that English club. He's really destroying that league like nothing. He's making LIGA NOS seem tougher (Honestly, it probably is)

It's a crime that they got Bruno for as cheap as they did. As a rival, i feel bad for Sporting. They deserved way more for him.

AlexJones19 repped this.
  10. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Age is key. As @HandofAbel pointed out, Bruno already left Portugal the first time, and came back. The difference is that he wasn't a complete pylon and injury-prone scrub like Felix and Sanches are, and he still saw decent success at Udinese and Sampdoria.

He's 25 years old, so the value isn't nearly as high as someone much younger.

11. AlexJones19

AlexJones19 Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Poor performance from Bruno tonight despite getting an assist.

With that being said though, when he came off United were just sitting deeper and deeper and they’d have been better leaving him on

prodigal_mind repped this.
  12. Joe Martelo

Joe Martelo Red Card

CDC Montalegre
    Portugal
    Sep 30, 2019
    United had a poor game, but another expertly taken penalty kick goal by B. Fernandes.

I will record it to show to my players in training when we train for penalty kicks.

13. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

C.S.Maritimo + Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    this loss is all down to Ole changed the team changed the formation then again they have Mr frango in goal

14. Joe Martelo

Joe Martelo Red Card

CDC Montalegre
    Portugal
    Sep 30, 2019
    I agree to an extent but if you never coached before, you shouldn’t criticize ole. He had a demanding schedule and needs to rotate. They still have two league games to confirm a top 4 spot and champions league football.

15. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    De Frango was horrible along with Mcguire

SCP_16 repped this.
  16. Joe Martelo

Joe Martelo Red Card

CDC Montalegre
    Portugal
    Sep 30, 2019
    exactly. ole is the last one to be blamed.
    Have you coached before? You seem to be woke when it comes to football reality.

I always tell people in real life, don’t launch criticisms or criticize me unless you have played , coached, or scouted in this game. Too many armchair fans .

17. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

C.S.Maritimo + Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Bullshit
    He changed the team changed the formation that had them unbeaten since January, these are fit professionals footballers not your fvking Sunday pub team that you coach

SCP_16 repped this.
  18. Joe Martelo

Joe Martelo Red Card

CDC Montalegre
    Portugal
    Sep 30, 2019
    Watch your tone. Do you live in the Toronto area ? You sound like one of those idiot parents who show up to games trying to tell me how to coach.

United’s priority is securing a top four finish, which they are well placed to do. Ole is a good coach!

19. grassman

grassman Member

May 18, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Bruno is in the Fifa 21 trailer, Wow I must have been wrong all this time.

20. Joe Martelo

Joe Martelo Red Card

CDC Montalegre
    Portugal
    Sep 30, 2019
    Bruno Fernandes scored a big penalty today. Man united will finish in 3rd by the looks of it and reach champions league.

If I was seleccionador, I would definitely put Bruno in my top 3 penalty kickers.

21. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    You gotta love his hop of doom right before he kicks the ball

22. Joe Martelo

Joe Martelo Red Card

CDC Montalegre
    Portugal
    Sep 30, 2019
    yeah, It’s an advanced technique . I try to teach the kids I coach to keep it more simple. Either way, it works well
    For him.

23. Joe Martelo

Joe Martelo Red Card

CDC Montalegre
    Portugal
    Sep 30, 2019
    Bruno Fernandes scores the only goal of the game by way of penalty shot, and man united are now in the semi finals of the UEFA Cup.

24. prodigal_mind

prodigal_mind Member+

Cristiano Ronaldo
    Portugal
    Jul 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    #149 prodigal_mind, Aug 11, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2020
  25. Joe Martelo

Joe Martelo Red Card

CDC Montalegre
    Portugal
    Sep 30, 2019
    haha funny stuff. Bruno is still doing well but yes he has to watch those give aways.

with my team, if a player makes too many give aways I bench them. Bruno however has been contributing too much offensively to bench him.