Brooks PBP all games thread

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Gameday' started by FirstStar, Dec 6, 2020.

1. FC Tallavana

FC Tallavana Member+

Jul 1, 2004
    La Quinta
    I've been watching this game instead of RBL because I'm not a huge fan of watching games on bad pitches. I guess that means I've missed an Adams goal.

TimB4Last repped this.
  2. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Brooks quietly having a great season

largegarlic repped this.
  3. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Goes 90 in a shutout win against a top team - a very strong win. Brooks looked strong while I was watching.

4. oscar_in_fw

oscar_in_fw Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Kansas City
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Centerbacks are supposed to be "quiet" (except on corner kicks).

5. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    GOAL BROOKS! Corner kick, ball pops up in the air, Brooks, blasts it home from 8 yards out nice low driven half volley to the side netting!

1-0 Wolfsburg vs. freiburg. Obviously, Brooks started in his usual spot as LCB.

TimB4Last, ShortyMac and Winoman repped this.
  6. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Wolfsburg goes up 2-0 late in the first half. The lack of love Brooks gets vs. our other top 5-10 players continues to amaze.

CZM4 repped this.
  7. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    one of our very best players!!

8. oscar_in_fw

oscar_in_fw Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Kansas City
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    CBs are boring to watch. Would you rather watch Reyna or Brooks in Champions League ?

Now Brooks has as many goals as Sargent this season..

ShortyMac repped this.
  9. FirstStar

FirstStar Hustlin' for the USA

Fulham Football Club
    Feb 1, 2005
    Time's Arrow
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Brooks shoots. Brooks scores. Good Brooks.

CyphaPSU and Winoman repped this.
  10. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    Brooks is bubbling ... @ Augsburg today

[​IMG]

11. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Wolfsburg had a play called a goal correctly called back for offside and a play called offside correctly reversed to be a goal. That linesman is on a hot streak. But it's correctly 2-0 and this is apparently the champions league team and not Dortmund. Brooks has been quiet, one very good block I saw while flipping between these matches.

TimB4Last repped this.
  12. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
  13. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Vs. Gladbach. Starts at LCB, obviously, 11th minute yellow card, 0-0 at half, pretty evenly played.

14. Smileton

Smileton Member

Richmond Kickers, Ipswich Town FC, FC Kaiserslautern
    United States
    Feb 7, 2012
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So close! Brooks' header off a corner hits the post!

TimB4Last repped this.
  15. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Finishes 0-0. Brooks a MOTM candidate. If he had put in the crossbar header, he would have been the obvious choice.

Monarch Bay Beachbum repped this.
  16. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Brooks starts against Arminia Bielefeld, at his usual spot. Through 15 minutes, Wolfsburg dominating possession but haven't generated many opportunities as they've been bad in the final third. Not much to say about Brooks early.

17. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Excellent goal with great plays by four different guys, Steffen with the solid but relatively easy finish right in front of net. No Brooks involvement. However, Wolfsburg has been dominant in possession and has produced more opportunities in the match.

18. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any reason this guy can't be a target for a "bigger" club? Man U, according to Solskaer are looking for a left footed center back. Right now I'd rather have Brooks than Lindelof.

19. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    And Brooks gets a yellow card @ 37' - so much for that transfer to Man U. :(

20. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    He could be, but he seems happy where he is - lock starter on a team in position to play in Europe, and recently spending enough to stay in consideration.

I think the defense is above average, the attacking heading is good enough, and the long ball striking is tantalizing for a club at a level a notch above Wolfsburg. But it's tough to know which squad will want him that he would also be happy to leave for.

21. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Steffen scores again, burying a rebound of a good Weghorst shot that the keeper can't hold. 2-0, which may be more than Wolfsburg deserve, but they'll take it.

TimB4Last repped this.
  22. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am always impressed with his left footed distribution out of the back. Obviously he has a hole or two in his game, most notably his 1 v 1 vs pacey attackers, but he's got some really serious chops for a defender. I've literally never heard a word about him when pundits are talking about sought after defenders, and I find that a little odd. He's been killing it this year and his team are challenging for a top 4 spot. I guess I wonder why no speculation about a guy with his talent set and physical attributes.

23. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    3-0 according to matchtracker now.

24. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Yeah, brilliant curled shot by Arnold. Wolfsburg used all five subs, so Brooks going 90. They brought in Pongracic for Lacroix - I thought that might be for Brooks because of the yellow, but manager went the other way. Great shutout. 3-0 flatters them, but they deserved the win for sure. And with Frankfurt and Bayern playing one another tomorrow, their place in the table could end the weekend looking better than ever.

dougtee and ttrevett repped this.
  25. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Brooks starts, customary LCB position. 1-1 early after Wolfsburg's goal was answered in two minutes. Brooks not involved in the conceded goal - just good offense and a cutback cross away from Brooks neatly finished by Kamada into the lower corner. Brooks was marking the striker at the 6'.