Brondby to be new feeder club for United

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by RedFriday, Aug 8, 2006.

1. RedFriday

RedFriday New Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Interesting news on sky sports, Brondby the club that Man Utd's ex reserve team coach Rene Meulensteen went to is being lined up as feeder club for United. This is great news as the Danish league is a higher quality and plays more premiership style of football, would give youth a better grounding against higher quality opposition if this agreement comes to fruition.

Good to see more seeds being sewn for the future development of the youth and more importantly the long term prospects of Man Utd Football club.

Brondby Feeder Club proposal

2. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    They already have Mark Howard, one of our old Reserve boys. But his deal isn't a feeder one, its permanent. Still going to be interesting, and IMO a better feeder than Antwerp.

3. RedFriday

RedFriday New Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Makes you wonder if the Rene Meulensteen transfer to Brondby was all part of a bigger picture dont you think?

4. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    Is the Danish Superliga actually of higher quality than the Belgian Jupiler League? Currently, the Belgian league winner enters the Champions League at the Group Stage and the runner-up the 3rd Qualifying Round, while the Danish league winner enters at the 2nd Qualifying Round.

5. Odemwingie

Odemwingie New Member

Apr 22, 2004
    Brondby is indeed a better club than Royal Antwerpen. Just look at some of the club's former players. 2xLaudrup, Schmeichel, John Jensen, Kim Vilfort, Jes Hoegh, Marc Rieper, Daniel Agger, Thomas Kahlenberg, Johan Elmander etc.

The Belgian League is better than the danish league but both Brondby and FCK would be able to challenge Anderlecht and Brugge in the top of The Jupiler.

What is your opinion on Mark Howard by the way?

6. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    even if it wasn't, antwerp is in the 2nd divison of belgium...

7. RedFriday

RedFriday New Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Also the Danish style of play is very similar to the premiership. Fast and physical, exactly the grounding the youth will thrive on...

8. ruud van semz

ruud van semz Red Card

Dec 27, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    thats good, there is a young aboriginal boy called david williams playing for brondby who should be a star

9. MtP07

MtP07 BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 3, 2005
    Leeds is still the best feeder club we've had. :D

10. Odemwingie

Odemwingie New Member

Apr 22, 2004
    I can inform you that Adam Eckersley has moved to Brondby on a loan deal for the rest of the year at least.

What do you think about him?

11. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    Here is a little bio on him that I made for you; this is all my own work.

Adam Eckersley
    Nationality: English
    Height: est 5’9 positions played: LB(n) RB

What I wrote at the start of the season:

He has now got the position all to himself and he is doing well there. A no thrills LB who prefers to defend rather then attack playing behind Lee Martin means that he doesn’t often have much work to do as Martin takes a double team to stop. He is definitely one of the unsung players at reserve level and I don’t think that is going to change much when he has one of the stars of the reserves in front of him. I’ll keep an eye on him, but I don’t think I’ll have much to report as the season goes by. He’s another one who wont be mentioned in regards to the 1st team for another 3or4 years.

What has changed?

Not much. Same old Adam, very solid, very consistent and dependable. My stance on the player hasn’t changed.

:)D)

12. lost

lost Member

May 24, 2006
    England
    they even called themselves United, in honour of their owners.

13. ruud van semz

ruud van semz Red Card

Dec 27, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    young australian player for brondby reserves who has scored 14 goals in 6 games. not far from cementing a spot in seniors i think