"Bro, do you even Madridismo?" - A Historical, Cultural & Philosophical Primer of Real Madrid CF

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by macaluca, May 7, 2007.

1. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #451 Excape Goat, Jan 29, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
    I was going to post this on the alumni thread, but I realised that the game vs Getafe was more than about Higuain. It was a comeback match with several memorial incidents. The match took place in April, 2009. Several of our forgotten players such as Van der Vaart, Drenthe, Huntalaar and Gago were playing. Getafe fielded Granero and Soldado.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/report?gameId=252786
    Cannavaro was injured and was taken out, it seemed. IRobben came in as a sub and got injured.... Drenthe came in for him.

You cannot see the scoreline at the beginning of the video. It was Real Madrid 1-2 Getafe, The last ten minutes were dramatic.

At 3:30, Pepe's moment of madness, but you should start watching from the beginning pf the match. I don't want to spoil the match for you guys.

At:8:10 and 11;50, Marcelo had an incident with Daniel Diaz. I actually thought that the incident took place against Atletico Madrid. I still remembered saying that Marcelo had balls. I starting liking Marcelo at that moment. Diaz stayed in my head until Diego Simeone's bouncer German Burgos came along. That thug was going to hunt down Marcelo in Madrid after the game, I thought.

Higuain's goal was one of my favorite moments as a fan of the club.

Full match summary: Oh wow, two memorial goals in the first half, I completely forgot about. Granero combined with Soldado for Getafe's first goal.

Horsehead, S1na and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  2. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    I've always said that Morata won't score at least 20 league goals for a top team in his entire career.

MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  3. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Never thought he was the solution for us as a #9 at any point, although some here did believe in him at one point

4. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    He is certainly was a solution as a rotational/backup 9. Anyone arguing against that must be blind as far as I'm concerned.

5. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The list was published in March, 2020. The list lost it credibility when it put Bale at 15th, especially it put Redondo at 17th, R.Carlos at 27th, Marcelo at 42th, Modric is at 43th, etc. I will give Bale credit for the 2013-2014 season and his goals in the two CL Finals. But he won't make my top 50 greatest ever players. The creator did mention that it was a controversial choice.

I think R9 is too high at 21. Makelele and Di Maria are on the list, but I do not know if they should belong. Netzer and Alonso are missing. Figo also deserved some mention, especially Beckham is listed at 50th. Cunningham (48th) was a fan favorite, but his peak was not so great and long.

https://www.givemesport.com/1552723...rid-players-in-their-history-have-been-ranked

Shay Z repped this.
  6. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    This is trash by some idiot with a blog.

7. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I decided to come up with my own Top 100. This is an early draft of my top 50 (not finalised yet). The next 50 is very difficult.

Random thoughts
    -- It will be difficult for CR7 to overtake Di Stefano.
    -- Gento won 6 European Cups, a record.
    -- Iker's span included Hierro's Real Madrid and CR7's Real Madrid. That is why he is ahead of Raul.
    -- Sergio Ramos won 4 CL's. He has some herotic moments in his career.
    -- Zidane was a great player, but for Real Madrid, he is behind the 6 players I listed. I don't count his coaching career here.
    -- Juanito was a fan favorite, especially after he died young.
    -- Normally, Kapo ranks higher. So I might alter his position.
    -- Chendo should go down. I don't know why he is where he is.
    -- I don't know Santiago Bernabeu's playimg career.
    -- I am always confused Rafael Martín Vázquez with Manuel Velázquez.
    -- The team under Zidane and Ancelotti won 4 CL titles. Marcelo, Casemiro, Pepe and Kroos are not overrated.
    -- Xabi Alonso is 51st. Kroos got ahead of him because he had 3 CL titles.
    -- Both Bale and Benzema are on my top 100. Bale after all did score three goals in the CL Final. They were important goals.
    -- I do not know where to rank R9.
    -- Guti is mainly a backup, but his loyalty counted. I need to think it over.
    -- Figo always got overlooked here.

Alfredo Di Stefano
    Cristano Ronaldo
    Paco Gento
    Iker Casillas
    Raul
    Sergio Ramos
    Zinedine Zidane
    Ference Puskas
    Emilio Butragueño
    Pirri
    Fernando Hierro
    Amancio Amaro
    Hugo Sanchez
    Fernando Redondo
    Roberto Carlos
    Manuel Sanchís Hontiyuelo
    Luka Modric
    Juanito
    Jacinto Quincoces
    José Santamaría
    Ricardo Zamora
    Santillana
    José Antonio Camacho
    Pahiño
    Michel
    Marcelo
    Francisco Buyo
    Chendo
    Miguel Munoz
    Raymond Kopa
    Predrag Mijatović
    Luis Molowny
    Hector Rial
    Santiago Bernabeu
    José María Zárraga
    Ignacio Zoco
    Rafael Gordillo
    Casemiro
    Pepe
    José Manuel Velázquez
    Guti
    Ronaldo
    Luis Figo
    Marquitos
    Ricardo Gallego
    Ramon Grosso
    Rafael Martín Vázquez
    Goyo Benito
    Vicente del Bosque
    Toni Kroos

8. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Karim the Dream not making that list?

9. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Great list!

Ramos for me is ahead of both Raul and Iker.

Excape Goat repped this.
  10. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I was not going to post my entire list. This is only an early draft. I do not know how to rank some of the players. I am only listing some of my issues.

-- @Doni Benzema is ahead of Higuain and RVN. He might be riding on Ronaldo's coattails, but I cannot igniore the fact that he has a long career here than many players.
    -- @Zidane05 If I redo the list in 2021, I am sure that my ranking would be different. At this moment, I think Raul and Iker are ahead of Sergio Ramos. I have no idea next year. I firmly believe my top 3, but after that, it is still opened.
    -- I really do not know how to rank the old-timers. Miguel Munoz was a well-know captain and then coach for the team. Was he any good as a player?
    -- I know that Josep Samiter was a Barcelona's legend and one of the best pre-war player in Spain. He later helped us to win our first league title. His name, however, is not listed among "Real Madrid Legends" on the official website. Even Pavon listed there as well. So I put him at 52nd, which is largely influenced by his absence on the official website.
    -- Kapo as mentioned dropped all the way to 30th.
    -- Predrag Mijatović's name is often mentioned, but is he really 31st?
    -- I don't think Cunningham belongs to the list. He was more of a cult hero and his career was cut short. I put him there for now, but I am sure that he will be gone.
    -- I like Guti, but he spent his career mainly as a backup. I rate his career here better than Beckham. R9 scored some great goals in his first two seasons. Is Guti ahead of him? Figo was a starter when he played with Guti. Lucas and Solari also have some moments here, but they were not really starters. They did not make the list, but I put Guti at 41st. So is he 41st?
    -- Luis del Sol only spent two seasons here.
    -- I punished Luis Enrique. But if I made an All-Time list for Barcelona, Luis Figo would make it.
    -- Angel di Maria is 75, but his ranking should go down. Basically, he had one good reason here. I will put Moirentes ahead him for sure. Isco probably contributed more than a single season. Sneijder was not on my pool, but he also had a good reason, which is similar to Di Maria.
    -- Ozil, Robinho, etc missed the cut.
    -- I am very confused.

1) Alfredo Di Stefano
    2) Cristano Ronaldo
    3) Paco Gento
    4) Iker Casillas
    5) Raul
    6) Sergio Ramos
    7) Zinedine Zidane
    8) Ference Puskas
    9) Emilio Butragueño
    10) Pirri
    11) Fernando Hierro
    12) Amancio Amaro
    13) Hugo Sanchez
    14) Fernando Redondo
    15) Roberto Carlos
    16) Manuel Sanchís Hontiyuelo
    17) Luka Modric
    18) Juanito
    19) Jacinto Quincoces
    20) José Santamaría
    21) Ricardo Zamora
    22) Santillana
    23) José Antonio Camacho
    24) Pahiño
    25) Michel
    26) Marcelo
    27) Francisco Buyo
    28) Chendo
    29) Miguel Munoz
    30) Raymond Kopa
    31) Predrag Mijatović
    32) Luis Molowny
    33) Hector Rial
    34) Santiago Bernabeu
    35) José María Zárraga
    36) Ignacio Zoco
    37) Rafael Gordillo
    38) Casemiro
    39) Pepe
    40) José Manuel Velázquez
    41) Guti
    42) Ronaldo
    43) Luis Figo
    44) Marquitos
    45) Ricardo Gallego
    46) Ramon Grosso
    47) Rafael Martín Vázquez
    48) Goyo Benito
    49) Vicente del Bosque
    50) Toni Kroos
    51) Xabi Alonso
    52) Josep Samitier
    53) Dani Carvajal
    54) Iván Zamorano
    55) Claude Makelele
    56) Michel Salgado
    57) Gunter Netzer
    58) Karim Benzema
    59) Gonzalo Higuaín
    60) David Beckham
    61) Ruud van Nistelrooy
    62) Paul Breitner
    63) Michael Laudrup
    64) Uli Stielike
    65) Jorge Valdano
    66) Davor Suker
    67) Arthur Johnson
    68) Álvaro Arbeloa
    69) Manuel Sanchis Martinez
    70) Luis del Sol
    71) Keylor Navas
    72) Miguel Ángel
    73) García Remón
    74) Domínguez
    75) Angel di Maria
    76) Fernandes Morientes
    77) Chus Alonso
    78) Raphael Varane
    79) Isco
    80) Ipiña
    81) Clarence Seedorf
    82) Bernd Schuster
    83) Bodo Illgner
    84) Félix Quesada
    85) Henning Jensen
    86) Iván Helguera
    87) Gareth Bale
    88) Juan Santisteban
    89) Rene Petit
    90) Mateos
    91) Steve McMananan
    92) Juan Monjardín
    93) Félix Quesada
    94) Joseíto
    95) Rafael Lesmes
    96) Leoncito
    97) Laurie Cunningham
    98) Isidoro San Jose
    99) Pedro Eugenio de Felipe
    100) Juan Alonso

11. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I wish this association with the franco regime could be put to bed. Unfortunately, this video does not do so

Lyra repped this.
  12. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    A more interesting video would have been to look at Franco’s influence on Spanish football and not jumping into it with the assumption that Real Madrid were Franco’s, but then that would require a little bit of digging and wouldn’t attract the clicks as well.

13. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Real Madrid vs Getafe, 2006-2007.

At 1:44 of the video, Marcelo came in for Higuain. It marked the only time in history where Roberto Carlos and Marcelo played on the same field. This is the reason why i found this match interesting. However, Marcelo was playing on the right in front Miguel Torres. The Marcelo-lookalike on the left side ahead of Roberto Carlos was Robinho. The match was played on March 4th, 2007. According to wikipedia, we were behind both Sevilla and Barcelona on the table, but i have no idea if we were third. Three days later, Bayern Munich beat us and eliminated us from the CL. I have no recollection of the CL campaign. On March 10, Real Madrod drew 3-3 with Barcelona. I believed the game sparked the famous comeback in the 2006-2007 season.

I did not watch the entire game. Gago, Reyes, Beckham and Huguain started the game. It must be a rare lineup at the time. Marcelo, Gago and Higuain arrived in the winter break. Higuain had not scored his first goal and Gago rarely played. Beckham was at one point in the doghouse, but I don't remember when he made a return. Cassano also played.... he must be a sub for Beckham, I did not see that part. Cannavaro, M.Diarra, Emerson, Raul and Guti were missing. Perhaps, Capello was resting them for the CL.

Schuster who would replace Capello at the end of the season was coaching Getafe.

14. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    5D2B7633-806B-450B-B092-79DDBFCE50C1.jpeg

This answer from Modric is Madridismo.

Reporter:“You’ve said many times that you would like to finish your career in Madrid”

Modric: “And who wouldn’t? But we have to wait and see what the club wants. Real Madrid is my home, but Madrid does what is best for the club. I know it is rare for midfielders to stay here until age 35. If they don’t want me anymore, I am ready for that option. Nothing will change my emotions for this club. But still, I hope to break the norm. I worked very hard to get to Real, I went through everything and I will not give up. I will fight on the pitch to earn my stay at Madrid.

S1na, Lyra, ImadEdd and 4 others repped this.
  15. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1359407106303098882 is not a valid tweet id

Espnfc set to release a documentary on the Galactico Era

Lyra, Excape Goat, -Reivax- and 2 others repped this.
  16. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Daaaang looking forward to it.

MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  17. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    In June, 1967, Celtic visited Santiago Bernabeu for Di Stefano's Testimonial. Celtic just won the European Cup less than two weeks ago. Real Madrid won the cup the year before. Di Stefano visited Celtic's locker room during the 1967 European Cup and invited them to play on his testimonial.

Di Stefano played for 20 minutes and left the field. Gento also played. It was an intense game with Celtic's Bertie Auld getting a red card. However, it was lovely game fondly remembered by Celtic's fandom. Our fans were graceful. They also gave Celtic Jimmy Johnstone a standing ovation at the end of the game.

1:37 Di Stefano walked off the field. His last ever match.

\

Ahmadi8, Doni and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  18. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  19. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  20. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    @Buyo We need your post about Real Madrid here.

Buyo repped this.
  21. Buyo

Buyo Member

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Dec 20, 2020
    Thanks for the invitation to this thread @Excape Goat.

I am going to start with a list of the best teams that Real Madrid has had throughout its history in my opinion. I will not talk about teams in a specific season without periods that span several seasons (from 5 to 9).

1- Di Stéfano's Real Madrid (1953-1960): clearly number one; for titles, for his style of play and for changing the history of the club forever. The first European titles (Latin and European Cups) and world (Intercontinental) titles came with this team.

2- Cristiano's Real Madrid (2011-2018): the 4 Champions League in 5 seasons are the definitive endorsement for this group to occupy the second position despite having won only two leagues (but at a time when they have fought, according to my opinion, with the only team that can aspire to be named the best in history alongside Di Stéfano's Madrid, I mean of course Messi's Barcelona).

Although the first two I think are very established in both positions from the third onwards, the thing is already quite equal:

3- Real Madrid Galacticos (1996-2003): they are in third position for restoring greatness to the club by winning 3 Champions in just 5 seasons, although it is true that their game was much more irregular than that of the first two. The 1999-2000 and 2001-02 seasons are a clear example of the team disaster that appeared in the League and the invincible team that appeared in the Champions League qualifiers.

Here I have quite a few doubts but I am going to qualify like this:

4- Real Madrid Quinta del Buitre (1984-1990): they are not higher due to their constant setbacks in the European Cup, with having won only one for me they would already be above the "Galacticos". Its main endorsement is 5 consecutive leagues and 2 UEFA Cups (19 years after the last European conquest by the entity, the European Cup on that occasion) won with the probably best generation of homegrown players in the club's history, generation supported by great national and international stars such as Buyo, Gordillo, Schuster or Hugo Sánchez as well as with the last days of glory of the previous generation formed by Juanito, Camacho or Santillana.

5- Real Madrid of the 60s (1960-1969): it is a spectacular decade with 8 leagues and a European Cup won, as well as another two lost finals in the top European competition. If I had been a little more precise, I should have gone to Real Madrid Ye-Ye, limiting from the year 1962 or 1963 until the end of the decade, but I was sorry to leave out the first two years (which on the other hand could have included them in the Di Stéfano's Real Madrid for a final rank from 1955-1962).

Other teams that left their mark on the club would be (and focusing on the professional era which on the other hand is when the entity really begins to stand out) Real Madrid of Zamora (1931-36), which was the first to win the league, or the Real Madrid of the 70s (1973-80) that won 5 Leagues and 3 Spanish Cups but also has a small “stain” in Europe for not reaching any final (although in 1973, 1976 and 1980 the Cup semis were reached of Europe).

dooda, S1na, madridista_hr and 1 other person repped this.
  22. Buyo

Buyo Member

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Dec 20, 2020
    Regarding this season, I copy here the same post that I wrote a few days ago in the thread of "The Did you know thread. Uselss, but fascinating trivia, facts and stories"

THE MOST DISAPPOINTING SEASON IN THE HISTORY OF REAL MADRID

In the 1982/83 season Real Madrid played 5 finals (if we count the last league match as the final) and surprisingly lost them all. The development of that season was as follows:

Small details in very specific games can determine whether a team's season is rated as excellent or as a disaster.

Well, if you look at the 1982/83 season of Real Madrid you will see that the number of titles won was zero. However, if one goes into detail, one sees that he was very close to winning the five titles he opted for that year. Being Real Madrid that was a failure but it seems incredible that they did not lift any title that season. Go for it.

The first title at stake was the Spanish Super Cup. In those days the competition was played during the season in two games and not in the preseason as it happened until 2 years ago or by the Final Four system established two seasons ago. Real Madrid agreed to play the final as Spanish Cup champion and Real Sociedad as League champion. By the way, that was the first edition of the Super Cup.

The first leg was played at the Santiago Bernabéu on 13th October of 1982. The "whites" played at a disadvantage from the 22nd minute of the clash due to the expulsion of Juanito and despite not playing a good game they went ahead in the 44th minute through the mediation of Metgod, a goal that ultimately gave the "madridistas" the victory and advantage for the second leg (1-0).

The return was played in Atocha on December 28, 1982, April Fools' Day in Spain and very premonitory of the season that awaited the Chamartín team.

Again in the 22nd minute, Real Madrid is left with one less player, Juan José is sent off for giving López Ufarte a header. From that moment on, the "whites" locked themselves in and Real Sociedad pressed, managing to equalize the tie in the 53rd minute. In the 71st minute, the second expulsion for Real Madrid miraculously managed to reach extra time with only 9 players.

Already in extra time, in minutes 92 and 102, Real Sociedad sentenced the title and to make matters worse, Salguero scored the final 4-0 with his own goal.

First title and first loss in extra time.

Chronologically the second title at stake is the League. On May 1, 1983, Real Madrid arrived as the leader of the championship and depending on itself to be champion. He has led the championship in 24 of the 33 rounds played to date and is worth a draw to be champion. Play in Valencia, a team that is practically descending since it needs to win and that a combination of results be given in other games to save the category (in addition to winning Real Madrid, favorable results should be given to Valencia CF ¡in 4 games!, and in all of them they were considered incredible as it may seem).

Not only must Real Madrid lose, but Athletic Bilbao is obliged to win in Las Palmas in order to be champion (Las Palmas also plays relegation in that match).

The Basques, despite starting losing, win on the islands by 1-5 so everything depends on Real Madrid. The "whites" neither play well nor are they lucky. A future Real Madrid's player, Miguel Tendillo, scored 1-0 in the 39th minute, which would ultimately be final. In the second half, the "whites" (who are already hitting the post in the first half through a foul thrown to the crossbar by Metgod) run into the posts again on two occasions (Metgod again and Santillana) and against everything prognosis the league travels to Bilbao and Valencia is saved.

Second title lost in the last minute.

Third title: The team is very affected and thus will face the final of the Cup Winner's Cup on May 11, 1983. The opportunity is magnificent to win this competition for the first time (it will never be achieved). The a priori rival is quite affordable, the semi-unknown Aberdeen trained by a then unknown and future Sir named Alex Ferguson. By the way, I haven't said it until now, but Real Madrid was trained that year by the legend of the club's legends: Don Alfredo di Stéfano.

The "whites" had eliminated Baia Mare, Ujpest Dosza, Inter Milan and Austria Vienna. On the contrary, the Scots had to play one more tie and eliminated Sion, Dynamo Tirana, Lech Poznan, Bayern Munich and Waterschei Gent. That is, they had already warned by eliminating Bayern that was the current runner-up in Europe (0-1 against Aston Villa the previous season).

Aberdeen took the lead in minute 4 but Juanito put the tables in minute 15. It rains during the game and the Scots more used to it feel more and more comfortable on the pitch.

And we got to the extra time. And there in minute 112 Hewitt puts the final 2-1.

Third title that escapes and second in extra time. The disappointment is capital, a historic opportunity to do something great in a tournament that the entity has never won has been lost.

Fourth title: The morale of the team must be in the ground, the two biggest titles of the year have escaped and in a completely unexpected way.

Despite this, on June 4, 1983, a new opportunity was presented with the dispute of the final of the Spanish Cup. The rival is no longer Real Sociedad, Athletic Bilbao or Aberdeen, the rival is the intimate enemy, Diego Armando Maradona's FC Barcelona.

Celta, Athletic Club and Real Sociedad had fallen at the hands of the FC Barcelona. Cádiz, Sevilla and Sporting de Gijón (he was the current “two runner-up” of the cup) did it at the hands of the "whites".

In the 32nd minute, Victor overtook Barcelona but at the restart Santillana tied the final in the 50th minute. Again the extension seemed inevitable but then in the 90th minute, Marcos Alonso gave the title to Barcelona 2-1. To make the matter more bizarre, we must be remembered that Marcos was the son of Marquitos, defender of Real Madrid of Di Stéfano and one of the few players 5 times European champion.

Fifth title: We continue. That season the so-called League Cup is released (a tournament of little success that only had 4 editions).

Well, Real Madrid will appear again in a final, the fifth of the season (if we consider the last day of the league as the final). To reach the final they had to eliminate Real Sociedad and Real Zaragoza (on penalties after winning 5-3 in the second leg with four goals from Santillana that neutralized Zaragoza's 5-3 first leg).

His rival again, Barcelona, who had eliminated Sporting Gijón and Atlético Madrid.

The final is played in two games. On June 26 at the Santiago Bernabéu and after reaching the half-time with a 0-0 draw, FC Barcelona leads by 0-2 with goals from Carrasco and Maradona but Real Madrid quickly put the tie with goals from Del Bosque and Juanito (2- 2 was the end result).

So things will be decided in Barcelona. Real Madrid again starts the game at a disadvantage and before the first half hour they lose 2-0. The final, again, is lost and only Santillana's goal in minute 82 (2-1 definitive) gives some emotion to the final of the match, but there is nothing to do and Barcelona is proclaimed champion of the new League Cup.

For Real Madrid, an absolutely disappointing season ends in which they were about to win everything and finally nothing was gained (in subsequent interviews José Antonio Camacho, whenever he is asked about this season, comments that the squad was absolutely demoralized by what happened that year since no one could find an explanation for how the season could end without any title to put in their mouths).

In 1984 nothing was won either and it was necessary to wait until 1985 to raise a trophy again, two in this case, the first UEFA Cup and the first and only League Cup. To win the League again, we had to wait for 1986, for the Spanish Super Cup to 1988 and for the Spanish Cup to 1989.

CivilProtection, S1na and Excape Goat repped this.
  23. Buyo

Buyo Member

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Dec 20, 2020
    Regarding Miguel Muñoz, it should not only be noted that he is the most awarded Real Madrid coach in history with 9 Leagues, 2 Spanish Cups, 2 European Cups and 1 Intercontinental Cup, but with two other teams he also achieved outstanding successes.

With the Spanish National Team he managed to be runner-up in the 1984 Euro Cup, which is the best result for Spain in the period 1965-2007.

In addition, he also coached Las Palmas, a team that in its history has only reached one final and it was with Miguel Muñoz as coach, specifically the final of the 1978 Spanish Cup (they lost 1-3 against FC Barcelona).

Another very important coach you have named was Luis Molowny, who whenever he coached Real Madrid ended up winning a title.

In 1974 he replaced Miguel Muñoz and in the few months he was there, he won the Spanish Cup 4-0 against FC Barcelona.

He returned to the team in the 77/78 season (after Miljanić's dismissal) and trained for two seasons, winning both the Spanish league.

In 1982 Boskov was dismissed and Molowny won the Spanish Cup 2-1 against Sporting Gijón

Finally Amancio Amaro resigned as coach of the first team in 1985 and again the club called Molowny. Well, under his command, Real Madrid wins 1 Spanish League, 1 Spanish League Cup and 2 UEFA Cups in season and a half.

If Miguel Muñoz is recognized as the most important coach in the history of Real Madrid Luis Molowny is underrated since for the short time he trained at Real Madrid (it must be taken into account that in some seasons he only trained a few months) he has a record very important with 3 Spanish Leagues, 2 Spanish Cups, 2 UEFA Cups and 1 Spanish League Cup.

Molowny, without any doubt, should be considered one of the most important coaches in the history of Real Madrid because whenever they called him it was not to start a new project but to take on a team that was in deep crisis and always, always, I always ended up winning titles for the entity.

But with Molowny there is more, coincidentally like Miguel Muñoz he also trained Las Palmas and if with Muñoz Las Palmas reached the only final in its history with Molowny it reached its best ranking in history in the Spanish League being 2nd in season 68/69 and 3rd in the 67/68 season.

It is clear that Molowny and Muñoz were two great coaches.

RMrules, CivilProtection, S1na and 2 others repped this.
  24. Buyo

Buyo Member

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Dec 20, 2020
    WHO HAS SCORED THE MOST IMPORTANT GOAL IN THE HISTORY OF REAL MADRID?

Well I personally don't know :D:D:D

Here everyone will have their opinion, for my generation it will surely be Mijatovic's goal in the 1998 Champions Final, for other younger generations Ramos's goal in the 2014 Champions Final and for other more veterans it may be the Hector Rial's last goal in the 1956 European Cup final that gave the first title of this competition to Real Madrid (note that Rial was also the author of the two goals that gave Real Madrid the first European title in its history, the 1955 Latin Cup).

All of these have undoubtedly been very important goals in the history of Real Madrid but I am going to keep two goals from a player who saved Real Madrid from going down to the second Spanish division.

We are in the 1947-48 season, Real Madrid reaches the last day with the possibility of going down to the second division but depending on itself to save the category. The classification on matchday 25 was as follows:

11- Real Madrid 19 points
    12- Sabadell 19 points
    13- Sporting Gijón 18 points
    14- Real Sociedad 17 points

The last two were relegated to the second division and Real Madrid needed to win since a Sporting victory and a Sabadell draw could send them to the second division

Real Madrid played at home against Real Oviedo. In the first leg, Oviedo had beaten Real Madrid ¡¡7-1 !! so in Real Madrid there was some concern since the game was not going to be easy.

Fortunately, the hero of the afternoon scored in minute 7 and then in minute 33 to certify the victory of the team from the capital of Spain by 2-0 and thus save the category. The final classification after matchday 26 (the last of that championship) was:

11- Real Madrid 21 points
    12- Sabadell 21 points
    13- Real Sociedad 19 points
    14- Sporting Gijón 18 points

Well, the player who scored these two goals and which are undoubtedly one of the most important in the history of Real Madrid was Pruden Sánchez, a great scorer of the 1940s who was "Pichichi" with Atlético Madrid and who scored with Real Madrid 58 goals in 81 league games (0.72 goals / game) and 29 goals in 35 Spanish Cup games (0.83 goals / game).

During the 6 seasons he played for Real Madrid, he won two Spanish Cups scoring in both finals:

- 1946: 3-1 against Valencia with two goals from Pruden
    - 1947: 2-0 against Español with a goal from Pruden

In addition, that season the current Santiago Bernabeu Stadium was inaugurated, a huge and very expensive stadium that could hardly have been paid for with the team playing in the second division.

We won't know for sure but not relegation that season may save the club from financial ruin.

Image of Pruden with the Real Madrid shirt:

pruden.jpg

25. Buyo

Buyo Member

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Dec 20, 2020
    #475 Buyo, Apr 12, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2021
    Great job!!!

My top would be the following:

1- Alfredo di Stéfano: the best player in the history of the team and the one who changed the history of the club forever
    2- Cristiano Ronaldo: the man with the individual records and leader in the last 4 Champions League won by the team
    3- Paco Gento: the player with a better performance for more years
    4- Ferenc Puskas: forged with Di Stéfano the best pair of forwards in the club's history
    5- Raúl González: the leader of Real Madrid's second golden age in the European Cup
    6-7- Iker Casillas: the most important goalkeeper in the club's history
    6-7- Sergio Ramos: his leadership in the field is one of the most important in the history of the club and his decisive goals are the history of Real Madrid
    8- Roberto Carlos: together with Raúl, he is the undisputed leader of the club's second golden age in the European Cup. Together with the first Ronaldo Nazario (96-98) the greatest physical marvel I have seen on a pitch.

For positions 9-14 I would no longer know how to order them but I am clear that they must be players who have performed at a very high level in the club for many years and who have also triumphed in Europe, this group could include Pirri, Amancio, Santamaría , Modric, Kroos, Hierro.

In a later group there could be players who spent many years at the club but who resisted the European Cup or very important players in Europe but who played a few years at the club or players who despite having spent many seasons at the club and having triumphed in Europe are a little below the previous ones, we could talk about Zidane, Butragueño, Hugo Sánchez, Santillana, Camacho, Míchel, Zamora, Quincoces, Buyo, Sanchis Jr, Kopa, Rial, Casemiro, Figo, Ronaldo, Redondo, Juanito, Marcelo, Zoco, Benzema, Stielike, Varane, Marquitos, Bale and other more veterans such as Santiago Bernabeu, Rene Petit and others.

For me it is a very complicated list to do, as you can see I only order the first 8 and I am not even able to decide between positions 6 and 7.

Also, surely I have forgotten some important player in the list that I just put (but as a guide I think it can be useful).

CivilProtection, Excape Goat and Digital repped this.