bringing back the Tornado

Discussion in 'NASL Expansion' started by New_York_Cosmos, Jan 20, 2017.

1. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't.

And neither does Sehgal.

If, indeed, the NASL owners are now all on the same page, it would seem less likely they would entertain such a notion, rich guy or not.

This is like that meme that said, "If Warren Buffet wrote a check for a team in Omaha, MLS would have a team in Omaha." Well, no. Unless Omaha added value to the league, there wouldn't be an MLS team in Omaha, even if a rich guy wanted it.

We'll see what happens if NASL Chicago actually ever gets off the ground and gets a place to play. But in general, it's silly to say, "Oh, large market, underachieving MLS team, sure, we can compete there with our rinky-dink budgets and baseball stadiums." Regardless of the distance between Fort Worth and Frisco.

2. Red Card

Red Card Member+

Mar 3, 1999
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When I see disaster nicknames like "Tornados", "Earthquakes", "Hurricanes" as well as racially tinged names like "Redskins", "Braves", "Aztecs", "Indians", it makes me appreciate nicknames like "United", "City", "FC".

jaykoz3 and Ferdinand Cesarano repped this.
  3. Ferdinand Cesarano

NYCFC
    Sep 21, 2005
    New York City
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I was once in a discussion with an English fan who took note of the strangeness the team names "Chicago Fire" and "San Jose Earthquakes", and who proposed that the next one in that series might be the "London Plague".

4. The One X

The One X Member+

Sep 9, 2014
    Indiana
    Club:
    Indy Eleven
    Oh, that would be a fun name for a team.

5. New_York_Cosmos

New_York_Cosmos Red Card

Nov 10, 2010
    Monza
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    that's american taste and european taste I would not like a team in Europe with such names as I totally hate name in the Usa like Los Angeles F.C. and the likes, to each his own

6. New_York_Cosmos

New_York_Cosmos Red Card

Nov 10, 2010
    Monza
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    why not bringing the Scorpions back to life and relocating them in DFW? Dallas Scorpions with a black scorpions and the star would be a great name and logo, plus they could do the ad with scorpions stinging and killing Dallas FC Buffalo

7. The One X

The One X Member+

Sep 9, 2014
    Indiana
    Club:
    Indy Eleven
    Just stop.

8. FoxBoro 143

FoxBoro 143 Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    MA
    Nat'l Team: