Bring on the Aztecs

Discussion in 'CONCACAF' started by BigTico, Nov 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigTico

BigTico New Member

Aug 3, 2004
    typical intra-american player hating.

2. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001

And how does it help? If anything it will results in mediocrity.

Do you think that giving 1.5 extra slots (basically 2 CONCACAF teams a shot at the WC) will increase their game play and vastly improve their internal infrastructure? Do you think that the Guatemalan or Panamanian feds will invest heavily as a result of thier team making the WC for the 1st time? I sure don't

The El Salvadoran Fed didnt. The Haitian Fed didnt. The Honduran Fed didnt. The Costa Rican Fed didnt. Most of these feds and leagues lack proper funding and have poor infrastructure.

3. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    I believe it will.. Just qualifying for the WC will be HUGUE for any tfc country that has never qualified before. Their national teams will also gain more money from sponsers and their home nations will become more passionate for the sport. We can see similiar cases in Japan and China. Sadly most of the Central American and Caribean countrys dont have enough money to build on their success. A good example is Jamaica. Overall though it is good for the confed to have more teams representing in the World Cup..

4. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    That is correct...and i want to add that every world cup game is over a million dollars for the nat'l fed., and at least 3 games are played, so that makes a lot of money for a poor country. Then that money is divided between the clubs, players and fed, as you can see, it does help all the soccer environment of the country.

5. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    I believe it will..

And what are you basing this off?

Here is an article

Just qualifying for the WC will be HUGUE for any tfc country that has never qualified before.

I never said it wouldnt be a Huge event for them. BUT only few federations & countries have put thier money where their mouth is in CONCACAF. ONLY the FMF and the USSF

Their national teams will also gain more money from sponsers and their home nations will become more passionate for the sport.

being passionate is one thing, but putting your money where your mouth is what counts.

This wasnt the case for El Salvador in 1970 and 1982. FIFA had to clean house in the ESFF because they couldnt acciunt for all the money back in 2001 or so. There hasnt been a new FIFA sanction stadium built in a long time. It wasnt also the case for Honduras in 1982. It wasnt the case for Haiti in 1974. It wasnt the case for Canada in 1986. It wasnt the case for Jamaica in 1998. The Jamaican Sports Ministry cut back 60% of funding in 2003. It wasnt the case for Costa Rica in 1990. In 2002 or so, the Costa Rican government gave the Costa Rican Fed some land to build training centers. Well lets just put it this way, back taxes for most clubs and the fed on thier assests are piling up.

We can see similiar cases in Japan and China.

Have you ever been to China? Being passionate about La Liga or Barclays Premiereship is not the same as being passionate about your national league and/or players. Unfortuneately, China was eliminated last month or so in the WCQ.

I read somewhere that one of the stadiums in Japan that held either the final or the semifinal of the WC, is a shopping center. Blatter said a while back that countries and federations that are bidding for future FIFA events shoulndt build facilities just for that event and should build on the country's demand. And when he said this, he was talking about Korea/Japan.

Sadly most of the Central American and Caribean countrys dont have enough money to build on their success. A good example is Jamaica. Overall though it is good for the confed to have more teams representing in the World Cup.

The FIFA "GOAL" projects and grants that have been given the carribean feds are shady to say the least.

In 2001, FIFA handed out over 5 million USD to carribean feds in hope to develop their infrastructure. Any improvements? NO

They have been given the money, they just dont know how to build upon it

6. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    is this in your ideal world again?

7. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    I am gonna say YES to make you happy and stop arguing with you....

8. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    I am not arguing nor the one sending negative reps calling people imbecils. I am posting based on factual events and facts.

I am well aware that teams that qualify for the World Cup Finals recieve money to cover expenses and such.

But if you want to specualte, lets. I dont see the federations from Guatemala, T&T, and/or Panama breaking precendent and actually using the money gained from corporate and state sponsorship to the development of thier soccer.

9. Pottermaniac

Pottermaniac New Member

Nov 28, 2004
    RGV, texas
    I'm with you LMvCP.

Good rep. anyone?

10. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    You must not overlook the fact that for a long time the tfc only had two tickets to the WC, and only one up for grabs on three ocassions when Mex (70/86) and U.S (94) were hosts.. And you must also not forget that many of those feds were war torn with guerilla warfare and what not.. The rest of the tfc countries feds are indeed corrupt but lets not act like the FMF isnt.

Let us look at Costa Rica which is one of the few central american countries with good potential for growth. Costa Rica fails to qualify to WC86 which only has one slot up for grabs (Mexico Host) but makes it to WC90 (Italia) (two slots) then in WC94 with the U.S as Hosts, Mexico the regional power takes the only ticket. Now we get a third ticket for France 98 but by then the U.S has emerged as a regional power, and Jamaica takes the third spot. Costa Rica did good in 2001/2002 and now with 3.5 slots they can build up on that good run.. and a country like Guats gets an opportunity to represent so its all good.

11. tiCo enfeRmo

tiCo enfeRmo New Member

Dec 4, 2004
    ticoland/gringoland

deja de llorar...bua bua....

12. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Re: CONCACAF Final Round: Who will qualify?

MORADO, I've got a minimal offer you can probably refuse.

Hexagonal Matchday 1

If Mexico beats Costa Rica in Costa Rica, you throw on the Mexican flag as your avatar and write "Viva Mexico!" as your signature for 2 weeks.

Flip the scripts for me.

Envelopes?

13. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica

i already have a bet with your buddy TECOS, it is something like your idea, i will be more than happy to bet with you too...i will use the Avatar that you and TECOs decide together if he doesnt like the mexican flag idea, i do....

So the bet will be, ONLY for Matchday 1 of the HEX

MEX playing at CR

IF MEX wins i'll use the MEX flag (provided by any of you, i will not look for it)
    as my avatar, and my sign will be VIVA MEXICO!!! for 2 weeks....

IF CR wins you and TECOS and any other mexican that wants to join this bet will use the CR flag as your avatar (provided by me) and your sign will be "Costa Rica el numero 1 de concacaf" for 2 weeks

If the game ends with a tie, it will be no action taken.

Just let me know if you agree with this easy rules

TECOS let me know also.

All the mexicans that pay $14.95 per year for BS are invited

This will be just a game, not a Posting war.

I will honor my bet if i lose, i hope you guys will do it also.

14. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

I'm game.

But now that I see your choice, I'd rather your sig reads "Mexico, sigues siendo mi papa."

I'll let Tecos choose the avatar.

15. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica

OK lets make it equal

MY sign MEX sigues siendo mi papa!
    YOURS CR eres mi nuevo papa!

Do you agree_?, otherwise i 'll think in a new sign, and then you will think on another and so on...

16. RafaMarquez

RafaMarquez New Member

Dec 28, 2004
    Rosarito

i dont pay 14.95 , i dont pay anything but i would do it

we have a too much of a strong team, morado

17. RafaMarquez

RafaMarquez New Member

Dec 28, 2004
    Rosarito

prediction

3 0

2 goles de kikin y uno de lozano

18. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica

i am glad that you want to join us with our bet

TECOS and PentaPichichiHUGOSANCHEZ i am waiting for your confirmation of the betting terms.

19. Pottermaniac

Pottermaniac New Member

Nov 28, 2004
    RGV, texas

if i bet too, can i suggest an extra quote?

20. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Prediction: 0-0 tie

21. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica

Sure you can, but get an avatar first.

22. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

Consider me game.

23. BigTico

BigTico New Member

Aug 3, 2004
    btw my Fifa 2005 simulations arent going well for mexico.....lol

24. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Aint it bullshyt how they made the MLS one of the strongest leagues in that game? lol

25. BigTico

BigTico New Member

Aug 3, 2004
    well i generally play online in the UK room so i mainly use arsenal although i have come across DC United once or twice. They're about the only decent team in the MLS.