Bring on the Aztecs

Discussion in 'CONCACAF' started by BigTico, Nov 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    You're the one that turned this thread into what it is. As for the junior comment, why don't you go back to hanging out with your homies kid.

2. Pottermaniac

Pottermaniac New Member

Nov 28, 2004
    RGV, texas
    CR? you only finished first in your group cause Gueatemala lost, maybe you have an OK team, but not excellent. we are not sore about stupid lost, we know what we are worth, and just cause we had a bad season and you guys took advantage of it, it doesn't mean it'll happen again.

3. BigTico

BigTico New Member

Aug 3, 2004
    and if it does happen again what will you say then?

4. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Mi amor, potter is right. We hired Meza after Lapuente.

:)

Carry on.

5. G D L

G D L New Member

Nov 9, 2004
    Boston University
    Just to put my two cents in....

When USA started this undefeated streak against Mexico, were they as cocky as big tico?? NO they knew they had worked hard for it, we knew they worked hard for it, it is only now that USA is CONSISTANT against mexico that we, or at least I, recognize them as a rival powerhouse, they constantly beat us or hold us to a draw, and dont allow us any goals....that demands respect, not just a single win at Azteca years ago, many wins in recent years...

since its been years since that match and it has not been repeated, get off
    your horse.

Mexico beat Brazil in the 99 Confeds cup final, A team vs A team, how many mexicans said omg we are so much better now because we beat them once....none, we recognized, and they recognized that we worked hard and deserved that trophy.

I recognize that CR had a great qualifying campaign for Korea/Japan, and i respect that. however, they have shown little more since, except winning a club championship which nobody in mexico gives a crap about...this time around since there is a ticket to the Club world championship at stake the story will be different.

as i was saying costa rica once hit its peak in Korea/Japan, and this generation is in its decline, it is still however the dominant team in centralamerica. Mexico is far ahead of central america both in its pro league and its national team, light years ahead? not so much, i use that term for the caribbean, but still there is a sizeable distance between the us.

now dont rip my head off guys, it is what it is, it is my opinion and i consider it a fact, i dont ask you to accept it as a fact, i ask you respect the fact that i do accept it as one.

6. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    You'll still need more than that to actually have more credibility, don't get me wrong, Costa Rica is not a bad team but Mexico is ahead of them and one victory over them (or two if you say so) isn't going to make them a better team.

7. BigTico

BigTico New Member

Aug 3, 2004
    so you're saying that we could beat you guys AGAIN and still have no credibility in your eyes?? :eek :eek

Denial aint a river in egypt

and again all Im saying is that CR is in the same league and you idiots are acting like I'm saying they're so much better than Mexico.

You guys must have ADD or something cause i have repeated this more than once.

but i guess that doesn't give you an argument to go after.

8. Pottermaniac

Pottermaniac New Member

Nov 28, 2004
    RGV, texas
    I'll tell you to wake up cause it'll only happen in your dreams.

9. Fedz

Fedz Member

Jul 14, 2000
    San José, Costa Rica
    Although I'm incredibly biased towards Costa Rica, it is nonsensical to state that we are at the same level of Mexico. Head to head, we match up very well, and that goes for the US as well. The problem lies in consistancy. While we may have beaten Mexico once, during that same period of time we lost to Barbados, Guatemala or call it any other lesser power in CONCACAF. We absolutely do not have the reserves that Mexico or the US has. If a key player from La Sele goes down, we are literally screwed.
    Costa Rica also plays to level of its opponents and not to its own ability level. Costa Rica is certainly one of the best sides in Concacaf but unfortunately also one of the most mediocres. Yet we know and taking this from a Fooball quote That on any given Sunday, or Wednesday depending on schedule, we can and most probably will beat the US and Mexico.

10. BigTico

BigTico New Member

Aug 3, 2004
    OF course we dont have the reserves TWO MUCH BIGGER COUNTRIES HAVE it would be nonsense to say otherwise. As far our "game" goes we match up with just about anybody.

I completely agree that CR plays to the level of its opposition, maybe too much so. The one knock i will launch against CR is that they seem to be intimidated by "reputations" thus the very close games against teams like Argentina and Brazil for the first half and the gifts we give them later in the game.

My uncle played semi-pro ball in CR and we were talking about CR's seleccion during the Copa De America (where they had just fired Sampson and hired Pinto a team in this much upheaval should have all sorts of problems) and he said that the only thing we lacked was the Big BUDGET of bigger soccer countries and thus the level of physical conditioning needed on a World level.

"Once we have that we can beat anybody".

We stopped being intimidated by Mexico a long time ago and since have had a pretty decent record against their sele.

11. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    This phrase summarizes everything

12. El Cabrito

El Cabrito Member

Dec 22, 2002
    Ca

You don't need to be intimidated to lose.

13. tiCo enfeRmo

tiCo enfeRmo New Member

Dec 4, 2004
    ticoland/gringoland
    I wanna hear that in feb, when your mexican ************ team loses in ricardo saprissa.....

After reading the last 5 pages of posts, i just figured out the mexicans are complete morons

14. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    It is not a secret that MEX used to intimidate all the other Concacaf nations, including US, CR and everybody, but that was on the past.
    Now for CR there is no difference between US and MEX, and soon there will be no difference for you, between US and CR, i wonder if US sees a difference between playing in Saprissa or Azteca...

15. Pottermaniac

Pottermaniac New Member

Nov 28, 2004
    RGV, texas
    they'll see the difference, specially in the goals.

16. somozae

somozae New Member

Dec 11, 2004
    Mexico is no longer a threat to any of the CONCACAF teams. Now U.S.A. and Costa Rica are seen as the biggest teams to beat in this league. Mexican players are getting old example Burgetti. Their aren't any new players coming out of the mexican clubs who are good strikers. Mexico for some reason lets say luck was placed in the weakest group of the concacaf teams and was guaranteed a spot in the hexagonal. Now mexico will face off with some more competitive teams and will have to demonstrate with action that they are still a team to beat. I think Costa Rica will most likely beat them in the opening match just like they did in the AZTEC stadium in mexico in the last hexagonal. Furthermore, there is no doubt that the U.S. team will also beat them. Mexico will have to fight with Panama, Guatemala and Trinidad for a third or fourth spot to the world cup. So look out because the USA is now a soccer powerhouse with only a few years in the sport. Love AMERICA !!!!!!!!!

17. G D L

G D L New Member

Nov 9, 2004
    Boston University
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

18. somozae

somozae New Member

Dec 11, 2004
    I think that you don't see the soccer powerhouse that you are refering to as having huge amounts of money and therefore having the best training clubs that money can buy. Furthermore these countries have been playing the sport much longer than the U.S.. In these countries it's the only sport they follow. The U.S. being a fairly new team has gained lots of ground in the last decades becoming one of the top ten ranked teams in the world of soccer. So what i'm trying to say is we look like third rate teams in the concacaf because we don't have big television contracts, big soccer stadiums or huge endorsment contracts for our soccer players but the players in this league are fastly becoming first ranked players without the big contracts. These players are making there teams noticed around the world. Examples: Landon Donavan, Demarcus Beasley, Keller, Howard, David suazo, Pablo Wanchope, Ruiz etc. etc .etc

19. paul51

paul51 New Member

Jul 23, 2003
    i can see CR winning in the saprissa, where they are unbeatable almost.........

20. Pottermaniac

Pottermaniac New Member

Nov 28, 2004
    RGV, texas
    Exactly when has the U.S.A. been in the top ten?????? you said U.S.A. has become one of the top ten ranked teams in the world???? a far as i know they haven't gotten pass 11th, which is still pretty good, but is not in the top ten. And Mexico is still the team to beat and I dont know where you got this stupid ideas about Mexico finishing 3rd or 4th.

21. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    I gotta disagree with you Mr potta, on Nov 2002 US was ranked 9th....anyway i really dont pay attention to that ranking....i dont think US and MEX deserve to be in the top 10, dont get me wrong, i am not saying that they are bad teams, i just think that BRA, ARG and other 8 european nations should be in the top 10

22. somozae

somozae New Member

Dec 11, 2004
    The U.S.A. was in the top ten after the 2002 world cup after defeating Mexico and losing to Germany. The idea that Mexico will most probably finish 3rd is because they haven't won a game against the U.S. since the year 2000 and the U.S. has been undefeated in its last 20 something games. Furthermore the Costa Rican nacional team came back from two consecutive losses to clasify to the hexagonal. They beat Honduras and Guatemala and Canada and are undefeated in their last four games. These two teams have demonstrated with action and Goals they can play well. While Mexico was playing against other teams where they were sure to dominate their group. So far Mexico has had it easy but like i said before they will have to demostrate they are still a team to beat. Sometimes the truth is hard to bare. Don't worry i understand your frustration with your team.

23. Pottermaniac

Pottermaniac New Member

Nov 28, 2004
    RGV, texas
    Well i guess that demostration will come in the first game of the hexagonal. When we beat the Sh^t out of Costa Rica and then U.S.A.

24. BigTico

BigTico New Member

Aug 3, 2004
    win you might and thats a big maybe

but beat the chit out of us?? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

25. El Cabrito

El Cabrito Member

Dec 22, 2002
    Ca
    Didn't Mexico easily dispose of CR the last two times they played?