Bring me the head of Roy Keane

Discussion in 'Ireland' started by sporting-celtic, Aug 15, 2002.

1. sporting-celtic

Jun 22, 1999
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Roy Keane is now a marked man with a price on his head.
    He has set the standard and when some young thug ***************s him up this season he better not go into his crybaby act.
    I know that if I were coaching a team against Keane, I’d offer a bonus to the player who can nail him. Every young and maybe old fringe player in the game must be licking their lips at the chance to be the man who put "the big bad" Roy Keane out of football.

And do you know what? No one, except Sir Alex, will complain if he does get damaged.

Keano needs to remember, “If you can dish it out, you better be able to take it.” There is nothing worse on a football field as a thug who cries when he gets hit and our Roy sure knows how to cry, lets see what he does when they start taking him out for sport and the refs don’t give him any protection.

He will be lucky to make it to September with both his legs attached to his body.

2. Father Ted

Father Ted BigSoccer Supporter

Manchester United, Galway United, New York Red Bulls
    Nov 2, 2001
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I don't think a Premiership manager would ever want to risk getting a player sent off for intentionally going after a particular player.
    However, if thats the case, they better make sure that they finish him off, otherwise they know their time on the field and intact is limited.

3. sporting-celtic

Jun 22, 1999
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Keane is 31 now and only 2 -3 years left in him, another bad injury will put him out for life.

4. sporting-celtic

Jun 22, 1999
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    You don’t think Ferguson knew that Keane was going to whack Haaland?

Come on?

Keane doesn’t take a piss without telling sir Alex.

In Keane’s present situation, football becomes like a game of Chess, lose a pawn to kill a horse.

Simple example, your losing 3-0 to Man U at home with 5 minutes to go, send in ‘Johnny Thug” on a suicide mission.

Bye. Bye Keano.

Who will care or claim it was unprofessional?

Man U and only Man U.

Everyone else will say, “He got what he deserved.”

5. Samarkand

Samarkand Member+

May 28, 2001
    Good point. I hadn't considered that.

There's always a faster gunfighter and there's always a young kid who thinks he's faster than the fastest gunfighter.

6. Nigel_Sausagepump

Nigel_Sausagepump New Member

Jul 22, 2002
    UK
    Surely the topic of this thread should read:

"Bring me the head of Roy Keane........its not as if he uses it"

7. jeeeesus

jeeeesus New Member

Sep 19, 2001
    having watched 'the premiership years' this past week or so on sky, i can't believe i forgave the little b*stard his indiscretions for so long.

i'll be disappointed if one of city's players doesn't make it his business to take him down.

8. Nigel_Sausagepump

Nigel_Sausagepump New Member

Jul 22, 2002
    UK
    Well that's the thing.

No matter what you thought about Man U, as an Ireland fan many of us liked to see Keane do well and overlooked his 'feistier' moments.

Since he's cut himself loose from the good ship McCarthy, we're able to look at him in a far more objective light.

And boy does he look like a self-obsessed little bully to me.

9. Doctor Stamen

Doctor Stamen New Member

Nov 14, 2001
    In a bag with a cat.
    I agree with the general gist of this thread, Roy might deliberately be made to choke on his Femur by somone wanting to 'give him a taste of his own medicine', and everyone bar Ferguson, and Eamonn Dunphy (isn't he ex-Ireland ?) will derive some level of satisfaction from it.

On a completely unrelated note, my sister works in the same police station as the youngest player to represent Ireland.

10. Plastic Paddy

Plastic Paddy New Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Hammersmith, London
    Yes, and the finest example of a begrudger ever produced by this great nation of ours.

He and Keane deserve each other. God in Heaven, I've no idea what we've done to deserve either of them as things currently stand...

:) PP - ?

11. Doctor Stamen

Doctor Stamen New Member

Nov 14, 2001
    In a bag with a cat.
    Maybe Glenn Hoddle can help you there PP :D.