Brimstone Cup questions

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by JasonMa, Nov 15, 2004.

1. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Colorado and Salt Lake City fans are discussing getting our own version of the Brimstone Cup started. I would love to talk to some of the people who handled both getting the original competition organized, and those involved now (If they aren't the same people). Any advice or help you could give us would be great.

2. feuerfex

feuerfex Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Is it safe to assume that you've checked out the website?

3. Iceblink

Iceblink Member

Oct 11, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounds like a contrived rivalry to me. Why don't you establish the rivalry first?

Maybe Salt Lake will end up in a heated rivalry with Columbus. Then where will the cup be?

4. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not sure how the fans from either team putting together a competition is a contrived rivalry. Obviously some of the fans feel a rivalry already exists, or we wouldn't be interested. We've already got trash talking going between the fan bases, and SLC's I/O threw down the gauntlet in talking about how they wanted a team name that said soccer, unlike the current teams like the Rapids, I'd say the odds of the rivalry developing further are pretty good. Plus both fan bases had the idea of a Cup seperately, so it's already got support.

Thanks for the link feuerfex, I didn't know it had it's own website.