Brilliant Oranje - The smallest nation on earth to have ever reached 3 WC finals [R]

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by DRB300, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    He was not. He was benched & ready to be packed off. He made statements every other day that he wanted to start & play in CHL & so on. He was continously benched for major part of the 1st half of the season after WC.

Besides Bayern were never interested in him. LVG wanted him but Bayern were never interested. There was no "Bayern saga",neither the Bayern fans nor the Bayern board ever cared about him. Heitinga like any professional wanted to go to a big team & to a team where he would be in the 1st 11. Besides nowadays he screws up whatever chance he gets.

2. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    So according to you Everton were ready to pack off a defender that played the WC final, his injuries had nothing to do with him being sidelined and you're unaware that the fans hate him now for wanting to get out?

I would've conceded had you not been the poster that doesn't rate VDV and RVP, but want Drenthe in Oranje because of his performances in EPL. Do you know how ironic that sounds? You do know that another poster on here that I know outside Bigsoccer is an Everton seasonticket holder right? :)

3. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I am presently supporting Bayern Munich in Europe so I know hell a lot about Heintinga potentially coming or was he was dropped.

Heitinga atleast have 5-6 interviews shouting at the top of his voice that he played in the World CUp & is a Top 4 CB,atleast Top 10 & he should start. But Everton constantly preferred Distin-Jagielka who formed a SOLID Partnership after his injury. Heitinga was offered to play RB which he was not very interested as he wanted to play CB.

That & Heitinga wanted to be a starter & also play CHL which made him ineterest any big CLUB who would keep him in the starting 11,that is why when the Bayern rumour came he was naturally interested. Bayern were actually interested in Baines who refused to move to Germany. LVG wanted Heitinga additionally.

Anyways the bottom line is Hetinga has been playing at CDM so is not considered not good enough for CB. He played CB a couple of matches & sucked. Besides Everton would be more than glad to sell Heitinga,he just does not have a buyer.

4. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I am happy to have qualitu subs like RVP & VDV because we have Huntelaar & Sneijder who are much more effective for Oranje. No other reason.

Since the winger depth is in such a bad shape that Babel & Kuyt are starting, I want Drenthe as a sub because I would ideally play Robben,Afellay & RVP above them & maybe Elia too. But as a sub you need a young energetic skillful player who has no problems sitting on the bench,does not have a big ego & can make a difference in minutes.

Drenthe fits the bill.

5. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    Okay there's no reason for personal attacks just because you don't like what people are saying. Please refrain from any more.

6. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    I have nothing against you, so why so angry? :p

You support Bayern, how come you never post there?

Never said that the Bayern interest was more than just rumour, but the fact that he spoke so openly about a transfer to said club made the fans like him less. He has talked about being happy to stay ever since because of this.

7. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    I read that Roma is in for Heitinga this January window because of Burdisso's injury. Apparently Everton is not looking to make a profit of him, they are just happy to scoop the 6M Euro they paid for him. It's very clear that Heitinga is not in Moyes' plan anymore. Like you said, I think Moyes and most fans have come to realization that he is not good enough to play at the center half. And Everton also has a number of good, young player coming through the ranks in midfield. So the best scenario for Johnny might be to leave town.

8. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I post there all the time but I am fan of Oranje. First & Foremost. I would gladly sell Bayern & everything about it if that means a World Cup for Oranje. Simple as that.

9. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Foppe was in the studio of Eredivisie Live and was stoked about Gouweleew. He sees him as one of the best stoppers if the Netherlands in the future. He described him as hard in the duels, good header, quite some speed and above all and he stressed this a real footballer. He is football.

10. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Good, cause I'm not impressed with that Dijks guy from Groningen yet.

11. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    He was indeed horrible,

Wijnaldum has impressed me a lot this season. What a match by him again! And he's still only 21 years old. Has improved a lot this season and finally found his perfect position. He's no winger, he's no attacking midfielder, he's a central (box-to-box) midfielder.

Future NT-material!

12. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Gouweleeuw had a weak game today as well :(

Van Dijk got totally owned by Mataz with his goal. As a center defender he should not have let him shoot. Few other weak moments, but it's hard to see who is all to blame with a 6-1 loss. One thing I am for sure is that the Groningen left back is no Oranje material at all. He himself thought he was ready for the big Oranje. What a joker.

13. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    And Labyad is a great prospect :mad:

Narsing is also not to be compared with Assaidi so far for me. :mad:

14. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Narsingh isn't the class of Assaidi. The latter has creativity and more ball control than the rest of the Eredivisie combined. But Narsingh has exceptional qualities which are hard to come by. I would still love to have him at Ajax.

15. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    He's as fast as Lukoki and as good a ball handler. That should tell you all you need to know about him.:p

16. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    He's already a regular you silly mod. :p:D

Let's hope the likes of Dirk, Mark and Joris retire after the EC and not continue on because Bert will probably sign an extension. We have so much talent coming through I would hate for the elderly to block their progress.

17. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Not nice for PSV fans but what club would be good for the development of Strootman? As he has almost taken over from de Jong in the NT (he was chosen for the Germany game) I don't know why he wouldn't be able to reach the top.

Should he stay another year?

Go to England, Spain, Germany?

I would hate him going to Italy as I don't like to watch Serie A. However I have a feeling it would be quite a player for the Serie A. I also say that because Inter needs midfielders more than a new striker even (Tevez is linked). They miss creative spark yet in Italy midfielders need to be defensive solid and physical strong. Strootman is all of that.

If I look at the EPL I first have to think at Chelsea. I am not that impressed by Mikel. Strootman can do maybe better.

Arsenal is covered, United maybe an option, although they probably want somebody with even an higher profile. City? They have Barry, de Jong, Toure. I don't like to see 2 Dutchies battling it out against each other to play next to Toure. Spurs is stacked in midfield.

At Bayern I have the feeling they are quite content, but Anatoliy Tymoshchuk is already 32. Alaba is quite young still and Kroos is mainly used behind the striker. That leaves only Schweinsteiger and Gustavo. I see a possibility if Tymo leaves anytime soon. Then he will have to battle it out with Gustavo.

Spain. Well Madrid we have all experienced here. No players to Madrid anymore not even talking about the fact Madrid are already stacked on his position. For Barca his operational speed is to low probably. I would not like to have him in lower teams.

All in all I think Strootman could end up in Italy. The big teams in Europe are pretty stacked but in Italy I see options. With Inter or with Milan (taking over from van Bommel).

What do you people think?

18. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Actually I think Italian football is changing for the better. The football is becoming more wide open and more interesting tactics are being employed. When Napoli and Juventus end up at 3-3 you know something is going on (four or five years ago this would have been 1-1). Juve really are not in need of a player like Strootman since all their midfielders are attackers or in the case of Pirlo a deep lying playmaker. Inter are probably the most in need since a lot of their midfielders are getting up in age. Some of the clubs that play wide open football would be a more interesting choice (Udinese, Napoli, Roma, Lazio). Still I can't see him leaving for another year or two as he is still an unfinished player.

19. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands

I just can't stand watching Italian club football. Every second I watch it, it feels like a moment wasted, without almost any exception.

I want him at a top club. I have learned that in the end it does matter for the NT. At top clubs players learn that you have to win. That winning the trophy is possible even demanded. That's needed if we want to win a WC/Euro. If he will drive a top club to a Scudetto or even a CL title he can do the same for Holland like Sneijder did for Inter and for us too. Robben same thing with Bayerns double and CL final.

You mean that? I feel like that Strootman is a bit of a guy you can throw into the deep and he will adapt quickly. In no way have I seen him struggle as other talents in the past sometimes. From Sparta to Utrecht to PSV. No adaptation problems. Him playing against Brazil and he was one of the best. Also against Germany it was more van Bommel than Strootman having trouble. He adapts to almost everything without trouble so far. Who would have thought that he could be already so dominant for PSV. Seen Fer for Twente? That's a big talent having trouble. Strootman? Nothing. Dominant in any team he plays in.

20. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    I am of the opinion that Strootman should stay another 1 or 2 season beyond this year. I think this current season is a season of 'adjustment' for him.. he is getting used to play for a title contender, playing in Europe, and being involved in the national team. He should be more settled and mature next year. And I think PSV as a team will click better as well, especially for the newbies after a year under their belt.

I'd like to see Strootman become more of a dominant force. He's certainly on the right track... There were a few times I noticed Strootman having somewhat forgettable moments, was kinda of invisible and being lazy. Which is totally fine. He is entitled to have an off-day once in a while (he is only 21 y.o after all). But eventually he will need to have the consistency to become the go-to guy and the midfield general.

Also, I'd like to see Strootman tested in Champions League before he moves abroad. Playing at the highest level against top European talents. PSV is equipped to do so-- the core team of him, Wijnaldum, and Mertens is very, very good. Along with a few surprise packages like Labyad and Matavz (if/when he starts scoring), they can certainly make a noise, if in fact they qualify for next year's edition of C.L.

I am not sure where he will go. A lot will change in 1-2 years, as far as top club needs and situations concerned. His skills set, built and engine seem suitable for English League. On top of my head, Spurs will be a good place for him. They play a quick and attractive football. They need midfield players who can stretch the ground and defend well. Not sure if Harry Redknapp will stay there much longer, though. Arsenal would be perfect, but they are loaded. Liverpool would be a boring place for him. They like stacking up midfielders on top of each other, I think he will be just a 'filler' there. Bayern Munich is always a top and popular destination for the Dutch players. He will be successful there. I don't watch much Serie A matches, except for derbies, so I shouldn't speculate.

21. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Bayern = No Chance. Shweni is the CM & Kroos is a withdrawn No. 10 so they need an out & out DM who does the dirty work which Tymo & Gustavo fit. Tymo will probably get an extension or Can(Germany's brightest U-17 talent) will probably be called up to Bayern.

Schalke & Dortmund are good chances. Schalke have no quality CM/CM & are trying to use Holtby there. Dortmund would be an amazing Option. They are really missing Sahin & Bender does all the dirty work as DM. Now they need a CM & 3-4 guys have flopped in that position.

The only problem is possibly none of them can afford him. Dortmund's combined transfer budget wont be more than 10-15 Million in the summer & they wont be spending it on 1 guy. Schalke have no qualms on borrowing but it is still unlikely to spend such amount when they have to spend big to replace Raul & farfan.

So I dont think Bundesliga is an option. United was a great option but fergie is ridiculous these days. He will probably buy another couple of needless wingers/strikers. Chelsea have Mceachran,Romeu,Ramires,Lampard,Essien,Mikel,Merieles for the 3 spots in the 4-3-3.

Milan will always prefer to sign Montolivo for free. Napoli & Juve are covered.

Inter is the only realistic option.

BTW against Germany Strootman was as bad as Bommel if not worse. He won 0 out of 10-12 tackles or so. Still it was a one off. Anybody can have a bad day. The whole team sucked & Germany are probably as good a team as anybody.

22. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011

Spurs. They have Sandro,Scott Parker,Luka Modric,Van der Vaart & Nico Kranjar & a few talented younsters. There is no vacancy. Liverpool have Lucas & Adam in there too but CM position is no as packed as Spurs.

I personally think Strootman should at best stay for 1.5 years. Anything more than that would harm his development. Winter transfers he should not go for. If PSV qualify for CHL & they have a great team & is PSV retain the core team ,then they have a good chance of a TOP 8/16 finish.

If PSV dont qualify for CHL next year, I dont want him to play meaningless teams in Poland in the Europa league. So that is what he should consider. If PSV wins the league he should stay or else move out.

23. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    BTW anybody watched the Europa League games of PSV & AZ.

How were Stootman,Wijnaldum,Lens & Maher & the Non-Dutch players???

24. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    van Bommel and Schweinsteiger have played many games side by side, so I see no problem then why Strootman could not play next to him. People in the Netherlands even compare Strootman with Cocu, who was defensive even a bit stronger than van Bommel. Tymo can get an extension, but Strootman is already better than him. The young talent you come up with is too young for the big games. I see an opportunity.

I don't want him at those clubs. I want him to ingrain the mindset that winning titles is the standard. The only club in Germany that has that as an standard is Bayern. If he can't go to them I want him to go to the few other teams in Europe that have a same mindset.

I like how German clubs contrary to many other clubs in Europe try to be financially prudent, but I have a WC to win and want him at a strong European club who are contender to win everything, like Sneijder and Robben in 2009-2010. No coincidence that those two helped us to the final.

I think midfield purchase is on it's way/ However it won't be Strootman probably, but more likely Sneijder. Not too stoked if that happens as I first like to see how Sneijder is holding himself on midfield and who is helping him out on midfield

Yes look at those names. Strootman is better than Mikel and Mereiles. He is also better than the youngsters at the moment, though they can grow of course. Essien I have not seen in a long time and maybe he never gets back to his old level. Meanwhile Chelsea is not doing that good. Chelsea need somebody with a splitting pass and Torres is craving for somebody on midfield like Strootman who has a good vision and pass.

Maybe, but van Bommel, Gattuso, Ambrosini (all well past 30) are now oldies. I know Milan love their oldies but injection with youth might be necessary. This is a process that is underway and Emanuelson hinted at it a year ago in a TV show. What the boy did not realize is that he is not good enough, but that's another story.

Well Napoli will be prayed upon if they continue their CL success open up new slots to fill. Juve I don't know. Pirlo is on his revenge year and we have to look how he carries himself. Marchisio is pretty beast and they also have Vidal at their disposal . Pepe though is used mostly on the right. The question is how long is Pirlo holding on to this good form? Next year they will also play CL and that's a lot of extra weight .... can he carry that too?

Inter is one of them and the most likely. Liverpool have send a delegation to watch Strootman against Germany.

Strootman didn't make fatal mistakes like van Bommel made. He also at least tried to create something with Sneijder a few times to come to a goal. It was also funny to see that the second de Jong came in he also made a fatal mistake. That's what the Germans do. They punish any mistake you make. The fact he could handle that while the other two slipped and where punished is testament to the boy.

Germany still play with a guy like Mertesacker. Any team playing with such a factor are asking to be exposed. We better start praying Robben gets well again, otherwise there will not be much exposing possible in the first place.

25. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Maybe Bert should take his tactics to the next logical step.

-----------Robben
    Strootman-Sneijder-Kuijt
    -----De Jong---Bommel
    insert crappy defenders

Play some real catenaccio.