Briana Scurry to undergo operation to repair 2010 injury

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by StarCityFan, Sep 18, 2013.

1. StarCityFan

StarCityFan BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 2, 2001
    Greenbelt, MD
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Brennan: 'Rock' of famed U.S. team fights to recover

2. UNC4EVER

UNC4EVER Member

Sep 27, 2007
    I was unaware of the severity of her injury. Concussions certainly are a big issue in the women's game, ending the playing careers of two great former UNC players, Cindy Parlow and Lori Chalupny as well.

Scurry contributed a huge amount to the early fame of the USWNT and the game owes her a debt. Best of luck to her for a full recovery and a great life, post soccer!

3. gogogo

gogogo Member

Apr 18, 2002
    Wow - a speedy recovery to Bri! By coincidence, the Georgetown women's side is playing St. John's at home on Oct. 17 - the pitch, Shaw Field, is adjacent to the hospital and its helipad (the Hoyas stop play if a Medstar helicopter lands during a game). The crowd should keep her in its thoughts.

4. exref

exref Member

Aug 1, 2009
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, does anyone have any info on Bri's recovery?

5. StarCityFan

StarCityFan BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 2, 2001
    Greenbelt, MD
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think I posted this in the general news thread but should have posted it here, too:

Her Biggest Save

6. Got Jukes?

Got Jukes? Member

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Glad to hear she is doing well.
    From facebook:

Briana Scurry
    Hello everyone...Recovery is going very well! Yesterday marked my 1 month anniversary since my surgery!! I walked 7.81 miles, my longest yet, to celebrate the occasion!! I haven't started running, but I'm looking to start very soon!Stay Strong, Getting Strong!!!

exref, BlueCrimson, sisterluke and 2 others repped this.