Brian Hall

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by Chamo, Apr 20, 2006.

1. Chamo

Chamo New Member

Aug 9, 1999
    Plano,TX
    He reffed the Dallas Cup Super Group Final on Sunday. Last night, he reffed the America vs. Toluca CONCACAF Champions Final. He ran into a little trouble last night, when the two brawled for a few minutes after he blew the call that lead to America's equalizer. Eventually, the game resumed and played out without any other major incidents.

Brian Hall's performances of late, especially in international matches, have convinced me that FIFA was correct in not giving him an assignment at the next WC.

2. Rocket

Rocket Member

Aug 29, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I fell asleep near the end of regulation, so I missed the excitement of the overtime period. :eek:

Through the first 90, at least, it looked as though Hall called a pretty good game.

And, from what I've read, I'm not sure how much should be blamed on Hall for the OT escapades.

Many Mexican teams have a habit of self-imploding if things don't go the way they want -- just look at their behavior in the SuperGroup at the Dallas Cup, for instance.

3. Chamo

Chamo New Member

Aug 9, 1999
    Plano,TX
    He and his assistant blew the call on the equalizer. Kleber was off-sides. That is when everything went down. Not unlike the phantom penalty call, that he gave Chivas at the Interliga match against Cruz Azul.

4. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    He missed an offside call, and it wasn't the linesman's issue?

5. ruiza97

ruiza97 New Member

Apr 8, 2005
    Garland
    Yeah it was totally the linemans fault but Hall is the central referee. Most of the blame will come down on him.

6. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    Can someone point me to a league in the world where there ISN'T daily bitching about referee decisions? Everyone thinks they have the worst officials in the world. I've heard it from English fans, Italian fans, Spanish fans....everyone. How about this....just a thought....IT'S IMPOSSIBLE TO GET EVERY CALL RIGHT.