Brentford FC

Discussion in 'Other Divisions' started by wjlandis, Jul 7, 2004.

1. wjlandis

wjlandis New Member

Mar 5, 2002
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am a contractor for EA Sports and work on player and team editing for FIFA 05 and TCM 05. Amongst other teams, I an editing Brentford. Knowing little more than what is on the teams website I am hoping that supporters of Brentford can help me by answering the following questions. For items in italics simply pick one for the category. Please respond via this forum:

Team formation and projected opening starters:
    Team Mentality: (neutral or defensive or attacking)
    Direction of play: (wings or centre)
    Passing: (short or long or possession or neutral)
    Marking: (zone or man-to-man)
    Does the team counter-attack often: (yes or no)
    Does the team use the offsides trap: (yes or no)

Which player takes:
    Free Kicks:
    Left Corner:
    Right Corner:
    PK:

Who are the top three:
    Talented players:
    Fastest players:
    Dribbling:
    Passing:
    Tacklers:
    Man Markers:
    Crossers:
    Shooters:
    Headers:
    Leaders:
    Most Aggressive:

Who are the worst three players on the team:

What player/s will be in the Premiership by the start of 05/06:

On a side note, I did not work on teams last year and cannot answer questions why certain players were rated like they were. In addition, I cannot give input to other editors other than for Brentford.

Thank you in advance for your help.
    -Landis

2. kerpow

kerpow New Member

Jun 11, 2002
    PM a guy on this board called MightyBees, I think he's a season ticket holder. Failing that look for some unofficial Brentford websites that have a forum and post there.

Do I get a free copy of FIFA 2005? :)

3. wjlandis

wjlandis New Member

Mar 5, 2002
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, but I do. :)

4. MightyBees

MightyBees New Member

Aug 16, 2003
    London, England
    Got the PM, cheers for pointing him in the right direction

Looks like im the who should be getting a free copy! :D

5. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    is that new Korean 18 year old Lee San gonna be a starter for upcoming season? Besides, what division is Brentford in anyways??

The fifa 2004 ratings suck, i mean, Lee Chun Soo who plays for Sociedad is a 54 and Chong Song Gug who is a 60 playing for Feyenoord, hell half of the players in K-League has better ratings than these two and these two are among the best korean footballers out there right now. And i was laughing too when Lampard was only rated 85, and John Terry as a 84. Those guys are much better than that, i just hope Fifa 2005 ratings improve because i was really disappointed with the rating system.

6. MightyBees

MightyBees New Member

Aug 16, 2003
    London, England

7. kerpow

kerpow New Member

Jun 11, 2002
    No worries. I remember a while back you were inviting people down to Griffin Park when there were no Premiership games.

Actually, I'm moving back to London soon (from the USA) and definitely need to see some more live games having only been to a handful of MLS in the last year or so. Most of my mates go down to AFC Wimbledon but I might head down to GP for some better quality football, if you can call the League One that:)

I'll be living in the Kingston/Wimbledon area btw

8. Milos

Milos Member+

Sep 6, 2003
    Iacon
    Club:
    Coventry City FC
    Its about time you changed your avatar Mightybees.

9. MightyBees

MightyBees New Member

Aug 16, 2003
    London, England
    We are playing AFC Wimbledon on tuesday at Griffin Park in a pre-season friendly. Should be a good game!
    There are few decent matches this year- we hoping to push for promotion after several new signings- should be a good season!

Whats wrong with it!

10. Ian51

Ian51 BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jun 7, 2002
    London

11. Ratboy

Ratboy New Member

Jul 28, 2004
    Hey im also a Brentford fan. MightyBees did you see the Reading mathc on Centenary day? was great all the old lads from the 60's and 70's came on at half time, (Inc. Dobbo's dad).
    Great goal by Isiah aswell :)

12. MightyBees

MightyBees New Member

Aug 16, 2003
    London, England
    Hi Ratboy,

yeah i was there- good goal by Isah, nice to see all three new boys getting involved! Am looking forward to the new season! Did you hear apparently Allen's trying to get a premiership defender on load for the season?! they are in talks now!
    it was good to see the old boys, nice to see Evans, Holdsworth, etc- brought back some good memories!! :D

theres some good photos here from it-

User name is: Brentfordbob

Password is: brentford

Then click on the album that says "100 years of Griffin Park"

13. Ratboy

Ratboy New Member

Jul 28, 2004
    Yea i will check it out thanks.

What did you think of Salako's performance? I think he's gonna be key this season, with all of his experiance and skill. He was at the end of every pass, running for every loose ball, winning every 50-50, young 'uns like Harold can learn from him i reckon.

Deon looked pretty sharp too and isiah's finish was amazing.

14. MightyBees

MightyBees New Member

Aug 16, 2003
    London, England
    They all looked very good signings at the moment. Myers im a bit doubtfull about though.
    Was very impressed with Salako, he was quite first half, but has a very good football 'brain'!
    He knows when to use skill or cross or pass, etc. He looks very dedicated as well.
    Am very excited about Burton, he looks very strong and has a great strike. I think Isiah has a lot to do but proved he has a great finish.
    I think the key will be them linking-up and the young boys are going to learn loads off them.
    Good to see Deon get another couple last night.

15. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ENGLAND CHAMPIONSHIP PLAY-OFF
    JULY 26 Swansea City vs. Brentford
    JULY 27 14:45 Cardiff City vs. Fulham