PBP: Brenden Aaronson, Tyler Adams, Weston McKennie, All Games

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Gameday' started by thedukeofsoccer, Dec 9, 2020.

1. zlatan_but_a_car

Botswana Meat Commission FC
    United States
    Oct 16, 2017
    That first half corner must've been extra disappointing lol

RecLeague Super Sub repped this.
  2. thedukeofsoccer

thedukeofsoccer Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    Wussconsin
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The officiating breaks finally went that way. If only that luck had come under Marsch.

NorcalHockeyhooligan repped this.
  3. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    It’s not just shooting - he barely looks like he belongs lately. I did not see the first half but he just looks lost out there lately - like he has no confidence. Hopefully he comes out of this season stronger as a player because he’s got to get better/sharper/stronger on the ball. And until he can create more goal threat, he will be much less effective.

tomásbernal repped this.
  4. RecLeague Super Sub

Fulham
    United States
    Jun 5, 2019
    I wish too. But if I’m being honest, I think Leeds loses or draws this match under Jesse.

5. RecLeague Super Sub

Fulham
    United States
    Jun 5, 2019
    He mostly looks like he fits in when in the middle of the park, but when he gets into the final third he panics and turns into a toddler run loose. Although he had a nice cutback today
    I still wish he had taken that free kick at the top left of the box, rather than Bamford. Patrick predictably kicked the ball into row ZZ

NorcalHockeyhooligan repped this.
  6. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Please bidet your head and stop doing this.

7. NorcalHockeyhooligan

Feb 25, 2012
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry didn’t realize it was a spoiler to post about a match that already finished. Will stop.

dark knight repped this.
  8. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    24 hours was the old rule. You can still post, just first put [ then “spoiler” then ]
    Like this

Show Spoiler

THanks!

9. RecLeague Super Sub

Fulham
    United States
    Jun 5, 2019
    Last thought: I’m glad Wes thinks the yellow card he got today was funny, but I think that is now 3 yellow cards in 4 starts and/or appearances. Might be wise to chill on the card accumulation. Today’s was entirely unnecessary.

Winoman, bct81, mattjens and 1 other person repped this.
  10. NorcalHockeyhooligan

Feb 25, 2012
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can anyone who reads Leeds forums post here how Leeds fans feel about Wes right now?
    My impression was they were happy with him coming onboard given his Champions League/Juve pedigree but he really hasn’t done much that’s positive for Leeds, and like the post above said, way too many yellow cards in such a short number of games. No bueno.

11. 60611

60611 Member+

Jan 23, 2007
    Chicago
    Wolves expgoals 2.8 to Leeds 1.4. Crazy given score line, which was ludicrously flattering to Leeds.

12. RecLeague Super Sub

Fulham
    United States
    Jun 5, 2019
    True. But if Xg mattered in the grand scheme of things, Leeds would easily be out of the relegation zone a long time ago

13. Blustar

Blustar Member

May 30, 2006
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    except Bamford, even today, after whining he gets a nice pass from BA, in on goal, drive hard towards goal, 1 touch maybe two, smash it far post.

I’ve seen this scenario countless times and this is the right play to create an above average goal scoring chance.

Dude passes it right back to BA, where he’s directly marked by one player and another will surely close him down…wtf was that from a veteran forward. If that’s not proof there is something fishy going on with Bamford, I don’t know what to say.

he goes out of his way to have the touch of a rec leaguer in crucial moments or picks the most ridiculous pass. If any American player played like him they would’ve shipped his ass to a USL II team or La Galaxy.

TimB4Last repped this.
  14. usfootball20

usfootball20 Member+

May 15, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, they think he gets silly yellow cards. Would say the general opinion is he’s been fine, but not the difference maker they hoped from a 30M+ player. Shows class at times and works hard, but needs to do better in final third.

dark knight and usnroach repped this.
  15. butters59

butters59 Member+

Feb 22, 2013
    No Adams on the field and scoring is way up. For both teams.

16. nthemsum

nthemsum Member

Jan 14, 2006
    boise,id
    Three points! McKennie going the distance.
    They don’t seem to have an issue with him but he’s a radraziini and an orta guy. He seems to be getting better approval for his transitional and defensive play. Once he gets on the attack more which he seems close to doing that’s when you will see massive admiration and approval. There are a few Americans starting to pop into their chat groups doing the American thing. I keep out of it, I’m just a reader. I don’t feel like I put in my time as a true fan and can participate in dialogue with Leeds fans who have been through the ups and downs for decades. I do love their cynical pessimism so it makes for a fun journey through the relegation struggles.

dark knight and Bajoro repped this.
  17. bct81

bct81 Member+

multiple (DC United, Dortmund, Arsenal, Leeds....)
    United States
    Mar 17, 2007
    moving around the US every few years ....
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bamford can be an idiot and I think he needs to sit.

BA has his problems for sure (in his own head now) but he delivered a couple of great passes today to Bamford who failed to shoot or passed back a hospital ball.

Bamford has passed his sell by date.

dark knight repped this.
  18. bct81

bct81 Member+

multiple (DC United, Dortmund, Arsenal, Leeds....)
    United States
    Mar 17, 2007
    moving around the US every few years ....
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the last thing in the world Wes needs to do is to get a silly yellow - ESPECIALLY when Tyler is out.

Leeds need a good Wes in the middle and not doing stupid stuff (taking that ball away today) that yields yellows not in the run of play.

I like his spirit - but that was just dumb.

19. nthemsum

nthemsum Member

Jan 14, 2006
    boise,id
    two on the field shouting matches and BA was one of two. Sure, you want your striker to be aggressive but you don’t want your other players to be screamed at for taking chances by a player on the pitch who isn’t scoring much. We will see how this develops but watch out for Rodrigho to move into that full time role soon.

TimB4Last repped this.
  20. RecLeague Super Sub

Fulham
    United States
    Jun 5, 2019
    Bamford is only playing because Georginho is not ready yet and Rodrigo is not 100% fit
    He is a last resort at the moment, and I agree, Bamford should be on the bench and only used in situations when they need a late goal and/or need to play the ball deep often.
    Rodrigo will be back fully after the international break and he will start once again, which is great news for Leeds

21. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would bet it's going to be Bamford and Rodrigo with BA going to the bench.

22. NorcalHockeyhooligan

Feb 25, 2012
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope Aaronson has a good showing versus Arsenal (and Wes too, if/when he comes into the game) even if it’s a loss as many folks think will happen.

23. ArsenalMetro

ArsenalMetro Member+

United States
    Aug 5, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Crazy not to start McKennie in this game given how poor Arsenal have been at defending set pieces recently.

24. DCU1984

DCU1984 Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Leeds and Aaronson had been playing well but Arsenal win a penalty on a sloppy tackle in the box.

25. NorcalHockeyhooligan

Feb 25, 2012
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bummer man. Leeds could justifiably say they’ve been the better team so far, but the penalty call is correct (if a tad soft to my mind).