Breakout US Youth Nationals in the MLS for 2020

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by glutton4Bolts, Feb 21, 2020.

1. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    This column reveals the extent of the Euro interest in Aaronson BEFORE he signed with MLS.

gogorath repped this.
  2. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Next year's version of Brenden Aaronson could be Caden Clark. [And we have high hopes for the return of the Once & Future Brenden Aaronson known as Paxton Pomykal.]

gogorath repped this.
  3. bsky22

bsky22 Member+

Dec 8, 2003
    Let's hope he has matured. There is definitely a non zero chance that he will "struggle" while trying to adapt.

“I had some teams I guess you could say sniffing around," Aaronson acknowledged. "For me, seeing how the league has come and the kids coming out — that was when Tyler Adams was breaking out, Alphonso Davies doing incredibly well. I was at home, I felt comfortable. I didn’t want to go overseas and maybe struggle. I wasn’t a pro at the time, you know what I mean? Going over is taking a risk, you have to learn on your own."

A source told MLSsoccer.com that while there was interest from clubs in the English Premier League, German Bundesliga and Dutch Eredivisie, Aaronson was never all that close to leaving. If a homegrown offer didn't come, it was more likely he'd have enrolled at Indiana University, where he had committed to play collegiate soccer, to continue his development.

4. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    A reminder of how good the playoffs have been for young players. There are strong hints that due to some absences, we might have some really young players in the squad for LAFC tonight. Christian Torres, 16, may be needed to start. I wasn't expecting much in the way of minutes to homegrowns this season for LAFC. I thought next year would be the breakout year. However.............Torres and Duenas (also 16) have played. A good sign for the future there. Also a rumor that maybe Danny Leyva of Seattle (17) might be in the squad. He's back from an foot injury.

5. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    16 year old Christian Torres indeed started last night in the playoffs for LAFC
    1331430436149530624 is not a valid tweet id

6. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    I was wondering where Torres ranked in this category. I had assumed Freddy Adu started a playoff game, but I guess not.

7. Paul Berry

Paul Berry Member+

Notts County and NYCFC
    United States
    Apr 18, 2015
    Nr Kingston NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Covid-19 has been good for very young players.

8. thedukeofsoccer

thedukeofsoccer Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    Wussconsin
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    then if you're a loving father, inject it into your kids

9. Paul Berry

Paul Berry Member+

Notts County and NYCFC
    United States
    Apr 18, 2015
    Nr Kingston NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As you know I meant in the sense of more experienced players being unavailable or rested.

RalleeMonkey repped this.