Breaking News! Ronaldo to Real, Crespo to Inter!

Discussion in 'Italy' started by soccerfan220, Aug 31, 2002.

1. paulocesar

paulocesar Member

Oct 4, 2000
    i think Uefa would bend the rules to have Ronaldo playing...deadline or no deadline...for Madrid in the Champions League...

...wasn't their a report that Seria A wasn't going to give the list of transfers until Monday, anyway???

2. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There is no way UEFA will bend the rules to have Ronaldo playing and if they did alot of people will lose there jobs the next day.

I believe Serie A might delay the deadline for transfers because of the delay to the start of the season. But that doesn't help out Real because there deadline is today.

3. paulocesar

paulocesar Member

Oct 4, 2000
    Really?!? THey sure changed the rules regarding the format to the Champions League in the future without consulting the G14 and the rest of the clubs effected....wouldn't surprise me at all if they did.

...Futbol these days is almost as crooked as politics...almost!!!

4. bestianera

bestianera New Member

May 21, 2001
    Valvasone
    there's the agreement!!!!

Questi i dettagli dell'operazione che porta Ronaldo al Real Madrid: nelle casse dell'Inter andranno 45 milioni di euro. 35 verranno versati in 5 anni. Gli altri dieci verranno coperti da una contropartita a scelta tra Munitis, Raul Bravo e Flavio Conceicao.

translation: € 45 millions,35 of which to be paid cash in 5 years,the other 10 will be covered by a player transfer,Inter will have its choice among Munitis,Raul Bravo and Flavio Conceicao

5. paulocesar

paulocesar Member

Oct 4, 2000
    Oh...and in La Liga...Real Madrid practically always gets its way with the spanish federation.

6. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think they will take Bravo. He is young with alot of potential. But why would he want to leave the best club in spain to go to Italy? It's not like Spaniards have excelled in Spain(Mendieta, De La Pena, Jose Mari, Javi Moreno, etc. have all failed in Italy)

Munitis and Conceicao are Real's garbage that they are trying to get rid of. Why don't they throw Savio or Celades into the deal. ;)

7. paulocesar

paulocesar Member

Oct 4, 2000
    Marca now has the headline...ohhh how the cover of tomorrow's edition will make me puke with that spoiled brat on there!!!

8. paulocesar

paulocesar Member

Oct 4, 2000
    Savio is on Bordeaux now...:p

9. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ah, so they already got rid of some garbage. Now they are trying to dump the rest on Inter.

10. paulocesar

paulocesar Member

Oct 4, 2000
    Garbage to Real Madrid, quality players for other teams!?!?!?

Ever been to the bar formerly known as the Dicken's Inn???? Great place for footy on the tele.

11. Juanele

Juanele Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Colorado, US
    Actually the deal doesn't specify what players. It is just a player of Inter's choice in December. If Madrid do not agree to that choice then they will have to give Inter 10 million Euro.

12. bestianera

bestianera New Member

May 21, 2001
    Valvasone
    Flavio Conceiçao garbage? i don't think so... he busts his ass off for the Roberto Carlos,Figos and Rauls at Real but he's a decent player when given the chance to use all his skills; i know i'd love to have him replace Tacchinardi at Juve!

Inter have managed a very dangerous situation pretty well,i have to give them credit for once
    sure,Crespo does not quite measure up with Ronaldo when it comes to generating income through advertising and merchandise sales,but Inter wants to win first and foremost and Big Tooth's health is a question mark; Crespo looked regenerated afterlast dismal season and WC campaign,if he brings the same spirit and form to Milan,Inter will be unbeatable

Inter's gain IMO

13. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not saying Conceicio and Munitis are bad players but they won't play at all for Real this year. Cambiasso, Helguera, and Makalele all are higher up in the pecking order for the Real DM role. And with Figo, McManaman, and Solari on th wings Munitis is expendable

I've been there for EURO 2000 and WC 2002 qualifying. If they are going to show EURO 2004 qualifying next week I'll be there but it is not up on there website yet.

14. paulocesar

paulocesar Member

Oct 4, 2000
    Looks like they announced it in a press conference..well it's been fun folks...laterzzzzz.

15. bestianera

bestianera New Member

May 21, 2001
    Valvasone
    his wife is staying in Milan though,to pursue her professional soccer career at Monza

... or so says she... > [​IMG]

16. Juanele

Juanele Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Colorado, US
    LOL!

Funny thing is that Seedorf has a house in Madrid in case they decide extend their "affair" there ;)

17. n00bie deluxe

n00bie deluxe New Member

Aug 31, 2002
    It's on the realmadrid.com site. It's official, and it's over for the other teams in the Champions League, barring injury that is!

As with all professional sports, the rich get richer.

18. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think Real are guaranteed to win anything. IMO, Raul and Ronaldo will not fit well together. Real need a true center forward to work off of Raul. Ronaldo likes to dribble at defenders not to play like Vieri. Who will be in the box to convert the crosses by Figo, Solari, and Zidane?

19. soccerfan220

soccerfan220 New Member

Jun 24, 2002
    USA
    Real Madrid to win the CL? Maybe. But there are other teams. I think the italians will finally have their year. For Juve they have an aweesome offense: Del Piero, Salas, Trezeguet, Di Vaio, and Nedved. Their defence is amazing: Pessotto, Ferraro, Montero, Thuram, Iuliano, and Tudor.
    Cuper always seems to do well with his team in the CL. Also, All of last season, we didn't have Ronaldo( practically) and we still did great. But this time aroud we got a good left defender( Coco) Dalmat has more experiecnce and will be a star, our defence is tightened up with Cannavaro, Adani, and Gamarra. Almeyda will help the central midfield out and Crespo is obviously great. So in losing Ronaldo and getting Crespo, all we lost was money. In terms of the quality of players, it's a huge plus, unless Ronaldo stays fit this season.

20. soccerfan220

soccerfan220 New Member

Jun 24, 2002
    USA
    oops

sorry i forgot to add two other contenders besides real. AC Milan, though I hate them, could end up winning it. Look at this amazing team:
    Abbiati
    Kaladze
    Nesta
    Maldini
    Seedorf
    Ambrosini
    Rui Costa
    Gattuso
    Rivaldo
    Shevshenko
    Inzaghi
    Subs:
    Tomasson
    Contra
    Serginho
    Pirlo
    Simic, etc.
    .......I'm scared

THen of course you have bayern with great new additions in Diesler, Ballack, and Ze Roberto.
    Kahn obviously is in great from, as well.

21. BrianCappellieri

BrianCappellieri Red Card

Feb 11, 2002
    SoccerAge
    [​IMG]

22. n00bie deluxe

n00bie deluxe New Member

Aug 31, 2002
    LMAO!

23. cachundo

cachundo Marketa Davidova. Unicorn. World Champion

GO STANFORD!
    Feb 8, 2002
    Genesis 16:12...He shall be a wild ass among men
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    With Ronaldo's success at the World Cup, I think Inter's timing (buy low, sell high) was right.

And Crespo's not exactly a push-over either.

24. LA Galaxy Fan

LA Galaxy Fan Member

Feb 28, 2000
    Tokyo
    Hey Rivaldo,

Sorry, you won't able to play against Ronaldo since Ronaldo to Real Madrid.

Your dream is gone :(

What a loser!