Breaking news: Chicago says the fax is broken

Discussion in 'USA Men: World Cup Fans & Travel' started by taylor, Dec 12, 2005.

1. EXboxur

EXboxur New Member

Dec 9, 2005
    Would have been a very sneaky but clever move to post here that the Fax was broken yesterday so the people on these boards would hopefully stop trying to Fax and potentially allow others to get through, because the Fax line wouldn't be getting hammered so hard.

It seems like people's Fax's started getting through shortly after the news of the reported broken Fax was posted. :mad:

2. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    This is true. However, along with many others, my fax calls were reaching messages that the line was out of service, rather than busy signals or messages that the call did not go through. It was also 5PM EST, so maybe some people at work had stopped faxing. Who knows at this point?

3. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

Nov 24, 1999
    Tianjin, China
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll confirm JBigJake's post. When I first tried to fax the application in the line was busy. About 10 minutes after receiving the e-mail from the USSF. I tried for a few hours off and on. I was also getting the line no longer in service, check the number and try again around 4pm EST. So within a few hours I sent it off overnight and let it go at that with no worries. With the package arriving today, I haven't received a confirmation.

4. taylor

taylor Member+

Jun 9, 2000
    Fav team: FC CARL ZEISS JENA
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Re: Don't Believe The Rumors On BigSoccer?

I called two days ago, or whenever the hell it was, and they said the fax was broken at around 5:20. The woman on the line then said, she recommended fedexing it. I told her I was calling from Germany and that was impossible. She then sent me over to Teresa's voice mail box. I then called back the next morning (yesterday) and they (the person who anwsered the phone) said the line was still broken. I then asked for "Amy" and explained that I had been trying to get through since 12ct the previous day. I didn't ask her if the fax was broken.

I give you all my Quaker word and all my reputation points that this happened.

5. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Word on the street is that Chuck Norris roundhouse kicked the Fax machine, thus putting it out of commission for some time.

What Chuck giveth, the good Chuck taketh away.

--------------

all these threads on this ticket non-sense is depressing the shite out of me.
    I will gladly party with anyone in the streets of Kaiserslauten or Nuremburg during our matches...

... any takers?!! :D

6. scarshins

scarshins Member

Jun 13, 2000
    fcva
    F*** the F***ing F***ed-up Fax
    that's all I have to say about it

7. Mr. Bee

Mr. Bee New Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Buzzing Around
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thank God I'm still connected to their fax machine and my roll of black construction paper is still chugging along like crazy :)

8. 3BlindMice

3BlindMice New Member

Mar 15, 2005
    LOL :) :) :)

9. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    my situation is that I sent my application (3:11pm) and it seemed to receive (as I watched the paper process after hearing it connect with the fax line), but yet the next day when I checked the Fax Log, there was an error and only 1 page sent (??). US Soccer has told me to remain put... not to re-fax the application, save the paper work AND the Fax Log report, and if I had not received confirmation by Monday, to email them at tickets@ussoccer.org.

Reading all these posts on all the various threads was making me insane, so I needed some reassurance that there was some sort of integrity involved.

I am being led to believe that there is... as much as people here (in this board, not necessarily on this thread) would make us believe that there isn't.

--------------------

Therefore, I am wondering if after the confirmations, US Soccer will simply sort out requests by hand according to "time received", then truly honor the "first come, first serve" moniker.

I am hoping... (finger crossed)

10. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LMAO!! Nice, Napoleon. ;)

11. the other Sepp

the other Sepp New Member

Dec 1, 2005

I'm thinking you'll have an entire mob of us partying with you

12. abw

abw Member+

Nov 10, 1999
    Athens, GA
    I just noticed an ad from eFax.com as a banner ad on BigSoccer. Coincidence?