Breaking News: Another Premiership team signs a great young Portuguese youngster

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by Roy Da Silva, Sep 26, 2003.

1. Roy Da Silva

Roy Da Silva New Member

Sep 24, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    Hi All

Southhampton has signed 16yr old attacking midfielder Feliciano Prudencio from Club Victoria Setubal. he will play for their under 19 academy team. Congradulations to him and his Family

Roy

2. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    I will include him on my list, thanks

3. Selecao2002

Selecao2002 New Member

Oct 20, 2000
    MA
    Does anyone know anything about him?

4. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    is not in the U17 national team

5. Roy Da Silva

Roy Da Silva New Member

Sep 24, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    I do not know much about him just like Vaz te this guy sprung out of nowhere. The smaller club teams are not doing bussiness with the Porto, Benfica and Sporting"s of the world they are dealing straight with the big teams. From the story Southampton has had their eye on him for a while.

Roy

6. Selecao2002

Selecao2002 New Member

Oct 20, 2000
    MA
    Roy,

The main difference these days is that the Big 3 in Portugal are now competing with the likes of EPL clubs for these young players. Both Porto and Benfica were vying for the signature of Vaz Te. I think what is happening is that more of these English clubs are aware of the young talent that exists in Portugal, so rather than waiting for these kids to develop a bit and emerge on teams like the Big 3, they are snapping them up for relatively low fees.