Breaking news - Another day, another rape (Leeds this time)

Discussion in 'Premier League: News and Analysis' started by Rambler, Oct 7, 2003.

1. Rambler

Rambler New Member

May 6, 2003
  2. subbuteo

subbuteo New Member

Dec 17, 2002
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. subbuteo

subbuteo New Member

Dec 17, 2002
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. nowhere

nowhere New Member

Jul 2, 2002
    Click on I'm in the UK, then it's on the top, no article yet.

5. Hard core pawn

Hard core pawn New Member

Sep 3, 2003
    Pompey
    LUFC anyone know who was arrested last night?

Just wondered if anyone knows the identities of the two 'persons' connected with Leeds United who were arrested last night in conenction with a serious sexual assault?

6. Hard core pawn

Hard core pawn New Member

Sep 3, 2003
    Pompey
    LUFC Post

connection even

7. TheBee

TheBee New Member

Oct 3, 2003
    Leeds United player arrested

A Leeds United footballer has been arrested by police investigating an alleged serious sexual assault in the city.

Two men have been arrested in connection with the alleged attack on the 20-year-old on Monday night, but it is not believed the second man is connected with the club.

Leeds United said they had been informed of an ongoing investigation by West Yorkshire Police and were offering their full co-operation.

West Yorkshire Police have confirmed the arrest of two men in connection with the alleged incident but would not clarify how either of the men are connected to the club.

A police spokesperson said: "We are currently investigating an alleged serious sex assault on a 20-year-old woman in Leeds last evening [Monday 6 October].

"Two men have been arrested and are currently being questioned in connection with the incident."

Forensic examination

The player, who has not been named, is being questioned at Chapeltown Police Station.

It is understood a second player from the Leeds United squad is helping police with their inquiries but has not been arrested.

In a statement the club said: "In line with club policy, full co-operation has been extended to police.

"No further comment can or will be made by the club until the police investigation has been completed and the club informed of conclusion."

Meanwhile, police confirmed they were examining a lay-by on the main A58 Leeds to Wetherby road as part of their investigation.

The area has been sealed off and forensic officers are at the scene.

8. TheBee

TheBee New Member

Oct 3, 2003
    They have all gone mad.

9. Darr

Darr Member

Apr 6, 2002
    St.Louis, MO
    Re: LUFC anyone know who was arrested last night?

Only one of them was a Leeds player, and his name hasn't surfaced as of yet...

10. Darr

Darr Member

Apr 6, 2002
    St.Louis, MO
  11. TheBee

TheBee New Member

Oct 3, 2003
    They have been writing his name on the www.soccerhooligan.com, but the moderator has been deleting it. If you are really interested, you can try catching it before it gets deleted.

12. TheBee

TheBee New Member

Oct 3, 2003
    I read on two seperate boards that the player in question is black. It may be true. Or perhaps people writing that are just big time racists.

13. RobB

RobB New Member

Aug 8, 2003
    Birmingham
    I saw a news clip of him with his face obscured so couldn`t tell. He`s white and a younger player I would say. Also, the forensic team in the lay-by looked as though they meant buisness, police vans, arc lights, tarpaulins...the works.

14. TheBee

TheBee New Member

Oct 3, 2003
    Whomever it is, he didn't learn anything in the previous week. It was all rape, rape, rape... One would think they will become extra careful. And yet...

15. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Rumour around SW6 is that it is an "ex"-a little lad with a big chip ;)

16. keeprighton

keeprighton New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    Solihull
    That'll be **** ****** then. Did I get the number of asteriks right in his name? ;-)

17. RobB

RobB New Member

Aug 8, 2003
    Birmingham
    JM. Leeds buy hotheads for some reason. Doesn`t seem to help them much. Leeds on trial part 2.

18. TheBee

TheBee New Member

Oct 3, 2003
    There are two black pictures in the Sun. But I don't know if their faces were used. The men have Leeds jerseys.

19. TheBee

TheBee New Member

Oct 3, 2003
    It seems like police is taking this case much more serious. Nobody has yet been arrested in the gang rape case.

20. TheBee

TheBee New Member

Oct 3, 2003
  21. Coach_McGuirk

Coach_McGuirk New Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Between the Pipes
  22. TheBee

TheBee New Member

Oct 3, 2003
    Why was Leeds police so much quicker than London police? And why was Leeds named the same days, when Newcastle still officialy wasn't?

23. Wolves_67

Wolves_67 Member

Oct 27, 2002
    Pasadena, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There was actually an arrest in this Leeds case so the team was named and a statement released by the team.
    Not the same in the other case. If arrests were made in the other case we would have known the team right away.

24. scbadger

scbadger New Member

Oct 8, 2003
    Birmingham,England
  25. Darr

Darr Member

Apr 6, 2002
    St.Louis, MO

From what I've heard yes you got it right... You can also guess his name by picking the player that sounds like Loki Horris.... Or by saying he played for Chelsea before... But I have to ask why are you all afraid to write his name? He's been arrested, his name is all over the internet already... I would think it would be different then Newcastle situation since none of those players has been arrested...