Breakers vs Atlantica in NEW BRITAIN, CT 8/21/10

Discussion in 'Boston Breakers' started by AMBreakers, Aug 16, 2010.

1. Eleanor

Eleanor New Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Bogus came in late in the game and they went to three back. The added attacking pressure and new energy and, hmmm, desperation?, seems to have made the difference. Too bad that didn't happen a few minutes earlier. I think they could have pulled it off!

2. socfandan

socfandan Member

Jul 30, 2000
    Eastern Mass
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yup, Bogus for Cox in the 79th minute, following del Rio for Igwe in the 62nd.

But the real pressure didn't start until the 84/85th minute. So I think desperation may have been the greater factor. Assisted by Solo's only brain fart of the evening.

Reminded me of a home game last season, maybe vs Sol? Went to a 3 back, pushing Scott to flank midfield, and they really rocked for the last 10 minutes of the game.

And lost by goal that time too.

3. mskenny

mskenny Member

Aug 23, 2008
    Ashland, MA
    Club:
    Boston Breakers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The highlights are up here. I still can't quite figure out how the second Atlanta goal went in. For all her taunting of the Dock, Aluko should have scored on that second breakaway.

4. Ben James Ben

Ben James Ben Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Thanks to the Riptide for organizing the bus trip. It was a good time. The bus ride down was longer than normal due to a car fire on the Mass Pike and an inexplicable backup of cars trying to stop at the Charlton rest area.

FYI, for anyone wondering about Veterans Memorial Stadium, it is all aluminum bleachers but much of the seating is bleachers with backrests. Food and beverage concessions was a smallish selection of the usual stuff, though they had a much better selection of beer (including Sam Summer) than Harvard Stadium.

VA Laura, it was nice meeting you. I'm glad you were able to make it to the game.

5. pokey55

pokey55 Member

Aug 17, 2008
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    Thanks Ben! It was nice to be able to get out and see a couple of teams I've not seen much of (or at all in the case of the Beat actually). The atmosphere provided by the Dock was certainly fun. And the end of the game was exciting although ultimately disappointing that the Breakers couldn't find a way to get one more goal.

6. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    So I take it Hope Solo's return to Boston (area) passed without incident. Did she say anything to the Riptide supporters or any kind of acknowledgement or anything? Did they give her a hard time throughout the game, chants, etc.?