Breakers St Louis Post Match (R)

Discussion in 'Boston Breakers' started by Weymouth Dave, Apr 11, 2009.

1. Mattymags811

Mattymags811 Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Attleboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To add to that, amazing link up work between Latham, Smith and Lilly on the second goal. The was executed so perfectly it looked rehearsed. This is what I expected to see last week at Buck Shaw.

2. REALfootballRulez

May 25, 2007
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What is Breakers Net? I went to BostonBreakers.net but it's the old WUSA site that is no longer there so what are you referring to?

3. JMMUSA8

JMMUSA8 New Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Webster
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.breakersnet.com

4. Cville K C

Cville K C Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Collinsville, IL
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fair enough. Congrats on the win.

5. Cville K C

Cville K C Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Collinsville, IL
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You'd be surprised with what we can do with a name.:D

6. ngower

ngower foolish grin

May 24, 2006
    Nashua, NH
    I never heard anything about Solo's father, and it'd be hard to have not heard it given that there were only 20-30 of us.

It was the typical jeering about her Olympics tirade and a hell of a lot of Star Wars-themed chants, I think Brad's "throw your teammates under the bus" was the only one that could have cut deep.

7. Eleanor

Eleanor New Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Ya, here's another name from Hope from her college days: Grope Solo, bestowed because of her penchant for snagging the ankles of fleeting forwards.

8. nsa

nsa Member+

New England Revolution
    United States
    Feb 22, 1999
    Notboston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They should bring some lights for the "pro shop" next time. ;)

I spoke with the guy at the Cactus Bar. With Budweiser as a league sponsor, other brands may be a problem. (Apparently Bud has an interest in Tecate and the others there.)

9. conquerant

conquerant New Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The wheels on the bus go round and round
    round and round,
    round and round

The wheels on the bus go round and round
    Throw your teammates under it!

I was quite proud of that, thank you :D

But there's no way in hell would I have said anything about her father. That really would be classless.

Apparently the person who overhead Solo on her phone also heard her say that we were the most classless fans in the league. If she's referring to any comments she may have heard about her father, I sympathize. However if she was referring to the Dock taunting her mercilessly the whole half she was on our side, then I'm proud of her assesment, and hope to make goalkeepers throughout WPS feel the same way about us :D

10. socfandan

socfandan Member

Jul 30, 2000
    Eastern Mass
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can see how the lighting could be an issue for an older referee type... :p

I didn't realize Bud was a league sponsor...... American Ale, or Michelob Amber or something then....

11. REALfootballRulez

May 25, 2007
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What was said about her father that she may have heard?

12. conquerant

conquerant New Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We don't know. We just know somebody who's a volunteer with the team and a friend of several Riptide members stopped by our post-game tailgate for some festivities and said, among other things, that he overhead Solo saying on her cell phone that somebody said something to her about her father. And although the Dock taunted her mercilessly, nothing about her father or her personal life came from us, that's a line we wouldn't cross.

Earlier in the this thread somebody surmised that maybe she heard people trying to start the "Who's your father?" chant that we sing to bastard referees and thought it was directed at her, which is plausible. Or this could be a complete misunderstanding and nothing actually was said about her father.

13. abecedarian

abecedarian Member+

Mar 25, 2009
    SSSomerville
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Speaking of Solo, was anyone else struck by how far forward she was at times? I was dying to see a lofted ball fly over her head while she was hanging out on the 40-yard line.

14. Mattymags811

Mattymags811 Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Attleboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think she was sick of hearing about Bri Scurry and Greg Ryan.

15. jwoo

jwoo Member

Jul 30, 2008
    West Newton, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think that is very fair, considering that this was their first away game... Anyway, I think the only time we were even close to classless was the "I wanna know why you're such a b#$*&" chant which is pretty tame compared to what we give to the opposition at revs games.

16. Mattymags811

Mattymags811 Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Attleboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sometimes the truth hurts.

17. REALfootballRulez

May 25, 2007
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Could Hope really hear what you were saying? If she did then did she turn and look at guys and give you a mean glare or something?

Or did she give you the finger? :D

18. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

That's what I was thinking on the drive home Rich....the only loud part of that we got going was Who's your father, who's your father... That is directed at referees, maybe Hope has never been to an MLS match because it's done in every MLS stadium...If it was this that she misunderstood then I'd apologize, until I hear it from her, I choose to believe it was everything else we yelled for 45+ minutes!

I do stand by and take full credit/blame for calling her a spoiled brat, whining bitch etc. if she can't take that she's in the wrong business! welcome to professional sports Hope!

Believe me she heard every word and she walked toward midfield every chance she could...She never acknowledged us...the only smart thing she did! That would have made it much worse for her....see Kevin Hartman! :)

For the record, while I honestly believe Hope is a whining spoiled brat of a bitch I also believe she's one of the best GK's in the world right now....And when she puts on the US kit....She'll be MY whining spoiled brat of a bitch...

For reference see Landon Donovan.

:D

19. REALfootballRulez

May 25, 2007
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who is Kevin Hartman??

20. hocho

hocho New Member

Sep 14, 2005
    Braintree
    Absolutely agree about the parking.

Was sad to see Nickerson completely empty, lights blazing as I jumped on pike on the way home.

21. REALfootballRulez

May 25, 2007
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What is it about the parking that was so bad?

22. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A friend of mine was in an accident...in the parking lot! Some douche decided he didn't want to wait for traffic to move and tried to drive up the muddy embankment, covering several cars with mud in the process...When they couldn't get up the hill they slid down right into my friends car...

Being the true douche they were they tried to drive away...The parking attendants actually caught the guy!:eek:

thank god for VIP parking huh!:D

23. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    GK for KC Wizards...

2 years ago we had a group go out to KC and we heckled Hartman for 45 minutes...He responded to us during the run of play!! flipping us off, grabbing his crotch, yelling etc...

It was priceless...the holy grail of heckling!:D

24. angel3

angel3 New Member

Aug 6, 2008
    I think you have to consider who else are in the stand with you. I see a lot of parents with 8-12 yr old children. I can't stop you from being a rude spectator but that is not the experience I want my daughter to have. I am trying to teach my daughter to love the sports and look up and learn from these ladies. If this is the treatment they get from you, it certainly won't help my case. People like you will drive a lot of families away. Next ... the sports will die, again.

25. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

It's a 30,000 seat stadium. I suggest you find one far away from us and you'll be fine.

to each his own.:D