Breakers News 4/12/09

Discussion in 'Boston Breakers' started by Mattymags811, Apr 12, 2009.

1. Mattymags811

Mattymags811 Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Attleboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. Tony Biscaia

Tony Biscaia Member

Feb 17, 1999
    Game pics are up

Way too many, I know... but think of what it's like for me: sorting thru 1,500 pics and crop/editing the bestest ones. Yes, it's my way of going to church on Sunday morning.

Enjoy... and a hoppy Easter to everyone.

3. Eleanor

Eleanor New Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Tony, great job! Thanks for the time and effort in putting up those most excellent photos. It looked like it was kinda a soggy mess.

4. nsa

nsa Member+

New England Revolution
    United States
    Feb 22, 1999
    Notboston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My fave :)
    [​IMG]

5. mskenny

mskenny Member

Aug 23, 2008
    Ashland, MA
    Club:
    Boston Breakers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Those pictures were great, thanks so much!

Here is the game story from the Globe.

6. mskenny

mskenny Member

Aug 23, 2008
    Ashland, MA
    Club:
    Boston Breakers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And here is the story from the Herald. Great photo of the Dock!

7. KATref

KATref Member

Dec 31, 2005
    Stow, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great job as always Tony! So glad we had you there.

8. ngower

ngower foolish grin

May 24, 2006
    Nashua, NH
    Very nice pics and it's good to see coverage from the papers. I want highlights damnit!

9. REALfootballRulez

May 25, 2007
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for the pics but I didn't know you had to play with those awful football lines on the field. Don't they remove those during the offseason??

Also why are there so many empty seats around the Dock? Couldn't the fans from above just have moved on down?

Too bad you didn't get any pics of the actual goals by Smith and Lily. It would also have been nice to see more of the crowd reaction. We NEED video highlights.

Regardless good pics but why did you take all those pics in the beginning of the tunnel, staircase and alley or whatever? LOL

10. Mattymags811

Mattymags811 Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Attleboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Harvard's field turf is not the kind that comes with removable lines. They play football, soccer, and lacrosse at the stadium.
    Yeah they could have moved down, but not everyone wants to stand for 90 minutes or be near "those people". In addition, the stadium doesn't have any seats just concrete levels.

11. Tony Biscaia

Tony Biscaia Member

Feb 17, 1999
    Actually, I did get pictures of both goals, although admittedly they aren't that great (the pics, not the goals):

Here's Smith's

http://www.pbase.com/revsnet/image/111212748.jpg

http://www.pbase.com/revsnet/image/111212749.jpg

... and Lilly's

http://www.pbase.com/revsnet/image/111213083.jpg

http://www.pbase.com/revsnet/image/111213086.jpg

I look forward to seeing YOUR pics of the Breakers goals when we beat your ass out there ;-)

I took those stadium pics, because it was my first time at that place and I found it interesting that it had a lot in common with the old Foxboro stadium.

(best laugh of the evening: "where's the elevator?")

And, I believe the lines will be painted over for most games after school is out.

12. REALfootballRulez

May 25, 2007
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tony, the pics weren't labeled so I couldn't tell a goal was developing. There is a huge gap between pics but it's not video so I understand.

Any pics of the crowd reaction after the goals? I don't mean just the Dock but the crowd in general.

When you come here we will have VIDEO highlights because 1 or 2 of our local stations get highlights. That's something you haven't been able to have in BAHHHHHHHHHston. :p

13. Tony Biscaia

Tony Biscaia Member

Feb 17, 1999
    No crowd shots, because I was concentrating on getting pics of the players celebrating.

If only I had 2 cameras and four hands... the pics are posted in chronological order, and easier to follow/understand/appreciate if you've seen the game either live or on TV.

We definitely look forward to the St. Loui coverage, please do put Bahston media to shame. Oh, and thanks for giving us Steve Ralston, Taylor Twellman, Pat Noonan etc.

14. REALfootballRulez

May 25, 2007
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tony, I actually have some highlights of the Athletica's first game but I don't have the setup to be able to put that online. However I would think someone from the St.Louis region would be able to upload highlights to their computer somehow when BAHHHHston comes to town.

15. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. KATref

KATref Member

Dec 31, 2005
    Stow, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    AT one point they had to retake a throw in since there were 3 sets of sidelines and the player picked the wrong one. :eek:

17. REALfootballRulez

May 25, 2007
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why the hell are those lines even still on the field since football season ended months ago!!

18. JMMUSA8

JMMUSA8 New Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Webster
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm guessing they don't have the money or not willing to spend the money to get them removed for WPS season.

19. socfandan

socfandan Member

Jul 30, 2000
    Eastern Mass
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My understanding from Joe Cummings this evening is that they will not be there for the season, and hopefully will be gone for the 5/2 match. I do not know why they are there in March, I know that the lacrosse lines will be in use for a while longer.

20. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/66/u...805/view-from-the-stands-at-bostons-wps-debut
    Angela Tavares, Goal.com

View from the Stands at Boston's WPS Debut

Saturday night's Boston Breakers debut was a true test for faithful fans. Angela Tavares gives her take on what she witnessed from the stands in the clubs WPS home debut.

“The Breakers have a roster full of exciting players,” said Jackie Anderson, president of the Riptide, an organization of Breakers supporters that occupied a small corner of Harvard Stadium’s horseshoe shape. “Once they learn each other’s tendencies and develop some chemistry, they will be a great team to watch.”

A more steady, audible presence was provided by the Riptide, with drums and synchronized fist pumps to boot. At the first Atheltica corner kick, they nearly pelted the kicker with showers of blue streamers. In the second half, when Solo guarded the goal in front of them, they sang a song with the chorus “We hate Solo.”

:D

21. pressurecooker

Feb 22, 2009
    Boston
    Club:
    Boston Breakers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The football lines are still there because Harvard's football team has spring practices. Once those are done the lines will be gone or at least faded out. The lacrosse lines will be there throughout the season because of Harvard lacrosse then once that is done the MLL Boston Cannons will be there throughout the summer.

22. socfandan

socfandan Member

Jul 30, 2000
    Eastern Mass
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think there will only be one set of lax lines, just the mens for the Cannons. Currently there are also women's lax lines on top of the football, soccer and mens lax.