Breakers @ Bailout FC 7/29/09 (Pre/During/post)

Discussion in 'Boston Breakers' started by Mattymags811, Jul 27, 2009.

1. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    so the justin.tv link is choppy for you? works great for me. sorry :(

http://www.justin.tv/soccerfanusa/old

2. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LePelbiet is a beast. Boston has held up pretty well considering they are down a player.

3. WiminzSoccerRocks

Jun 15, 2009
    MA
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    0-0 at the half playing a man down feels okay. Angela and Lil are rock solid as is LePellbet. Everybody is working hard.

4. Mattymags811

Mattymags811 Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Attleboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was a red, but it wasn't with malice or intent. Alex was late and her foot missed ball going into the gap between shinguard and boot.

5. DeigoRedD

DeigoRedD Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 28, 2004
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well earned yellow on her part to make sure Bompastor didn't do more after getting past her.

6. DeigoRedD

DeigoRedD Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 28, 2004
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Boo to the broadcast for not reshowing the red card in the highlights!

*grumbles*

7. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They didn't? (I left the computer) that was poor on their part. No evil intent but that doesn't change the fact that it was studs up on the leg just above the ankle -- not a difficult call for the ref.

8. socfandan

socfandan Member

Jul 30, 2000
    Eastern Mass
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Smith on for Nobis 55th minute

9. Pass-n-Go

Pass-n-Go Member+

Jul 5, 2008
    Kelly Smith subbed in.

10. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Boston does not look like a team that has been down a player for basically the entire game. Of course, some of that is b/c Washington has been fairly inept on offensive build up.

11. Pass-n-Go

Pass-n-Go Member+

Jul 5, 2008
    1-0 Washington

12. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I feel like I jinxed them w/ my last post. Sorry.

13. WiminzSoccerRocks

Jun 15, 2009
    MA
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    WORST BROADCAST EVER! CSN is showing an interview of the Freedom coach's wife while somehow the ball gets to Abby and the big brute scores.

14. Pass-n-Go

Pass-n-Go Member+

Jul 5, 2008
    Nothing to be sorry about. I am a fan of the game. I don't have a favorite WPS team. If a game is on, I will watch it.

15. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You do realize the resume of Jennings-Gabarra (ie the coach's wife), right? As in many think he's not the best coach in his family (and her playing career was much better than his, too). And at least the goal was on the screen.

16. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Moi aussi. I've got no team in my area so I watch 'em all. No one has made me love them above all others, either.

17. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Game over. 1-0 to the Freedom. Boston drop to 4th.

18. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    I still don't see the rationale behind interviewing ANYONE while play is in progress. They did cut away and show them at the beginning. And she may have an impressive background, but what directly did it have to do with the game at hand? Damned if I caught the connection, particularly since I was trying to watch the game. She was pretty good though: "Oh, did I distract you?"... "Yes."

19. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree that the interviews during the game are silly. But they are pretty pervasive in all USA televised sports so it isn't surprising. This is the first time I've heard someone say "but you're making me miss the action" while being interviewed. It is also one of the few times I've seen them interview Jennings-Gabarra, too (entirely possible that I've missed all the others). The cutaway to see the "pretty storm clouds" annoyed me, too.

20. WiminzSoccerRocks

Jun 15, 2009
    MA
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well played by the Breakers overall. Fabiana worked her tail off and is a strong defender. The back line was solid with just that one tiny little slip. Kelly's shot was awesome and oh so close.

21. StarCityFan

StarCityFan BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 2, 2001
    Greenbelt, MD
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The PBP guy was Dave Johnson, who's a local sports icon: he's the sports director for the local all-news station, the radio PBP guy for the basketball team and the TV PBP guy for DC United, just for starters. Some of you old-timers might remember the call "It's in the net - Mia Hamm is back!" That was Dave: the same team as tonight (minus the sideline reporter) did the WUSA Freedom games for Comcast.

The sideline reporter was Jill Sorenson, who's a fixture with Comcast SportsNet MidAtlantic.

22. StarCityFan

StarCityFan BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 2, 2001
    Greenbelt, MD
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have to say that Boston seldom looked like they were a player down. I was also expecting them to be totally gassed late, but that didn't seem to happen.

23. REALfootballRulez

May 25, 2007
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Big brute? LOL!

24. JMMUSA8

JMMUSA8 New Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Webster
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's not CSN, it was a local feed.

25. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks, SCF, for the info on the tv crew. I knew Walker b/c I remember her from her TarHeel days. She had some interesting things to say about youth development during the broadcast that I was surprised no one mentioned.

I thought Boston did well to negate Washington's advantage. I, too, thought they'd be on tired legs by the 70th min but they (mostly) managed to keep up the work. I liked Tomecka (I'm not always a total UNC homer, I promise) and I think she did better at the dmid than Latham did in previous games. I just don't know if she's is fast enough to really make a top level pro. Luckily, great speed isn't necessary for the dmid position.

The back 3 were pretty solid. Agustinyak-Goffi looked a lot better than she did at the beginning of the season. She had a nice recovery/stop on a De Vanna breakaway.

eta: Alex missing the next game (vs STL) is a pretty big loss, I'd think.